Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

to be fair with all that background noise and the general state of Biden's health it's hard to guess what question he thought he was answering there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!

lol

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol I am way breezier about the mythical ethnogenesis stuff now that I understand Ukrainians as “Slavs in Poland Loyal to Austria”.

lol worrying about Scythians and Sarmatians is old hat.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mawarannahr posted:

I searched and found some claims elsewhere

“Founder of Modern Canada”

I posted about it before but it’s so loving funny we have Official Multiculturalism because Ukrainians thought they were as essential to the national fabric as English and French.

I’m paraphrasing but there was a recent academic title along the lines of “Blood and Soil on Canadian Soil: Eastern European Places and Memory on the Prairie”.

e: a bit more dry in title though not contents, it’s Storied Landscapes: Ethno-Religious Identity and the Canadian Prairies

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:19 on Jan 31, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starsfan posted:

to be fair with all that background noise and the general state of Biden's health it's hard to guess what question he thought he was answering there

Ice cream? Yes we need to send Ukraine ice cream urgently. They tell me the factory will have the tubs of berry delight ready in 18 to 24 months.

Falcon? Never heard of that flavor sonny.

Fighting Falcon? Sonny I'm the president I don't go to cockfight rings anymore.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

I posted about it before but it’s so loving funny we have Official Multiculturalism because Ukrainians thought they were as essential to the national fabric as English and French.

lol I didn’t notice it was from the university of ottowa

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

happy lula new year

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1620200603652861955?t=wnTZd2mbEWqVJPt7UsP3XA&s=19

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm sure if WW3 breaks out everybody will be nice and follow the "no nukes please :^)" rule

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Vaush on Part 2 of the Bad Faith interview saying that Ukraine has shifted leftward. Scratching my head on this one.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Vaush on Part 2 of the Bad Faith interview saying that Ukraine has shifted leftward. Scratching my head on this one.

the border has shifted leftward

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Corky Romanovsky posted:

I assume he's applying the horseshoe theory here.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

the border has shifted leftward

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

did the swedes not have enough brown people to sell out?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Corky Romanovsky posted:

this mf listened to a 3 hour vaush dfebate

Dr Dunkaroos
Jan 29, 2023

Corky Romanovsky posted:

how many hours would you say you've spent listening to a Vaush interview on Bad Faith

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr Dunkaroos posted:

how many hours would you say you've spent listening to a Vaush interview on Bad Faith

the only correct answer is zero seconds, in addition to zero hours and minutes

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think there is a disturbing implication that people would willingly choose to listen to vaush.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Orange Devil posted:

Does this guy have opinions about haplogroups?

anglos are the ham sandwich race

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Good news for saab tbh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Look we will totally win in a war with russia as long as we dont get destroyed in nuclear hellfire

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I am way breezier about the mythical ethnogenesis stuff now that I understand Ukrainians as “Slavs in Poland Loyal to Austria”.

lol worrying about Scythians and Sarmatians is old hat.

didn't the poles famously have a phase where their royalty LARPed as Scythians/Sarmatians?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

zelensky should now do a photoshoot about how america has sold ukraine out with his pallets of USD in the background

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

zelensky should now do a photoshoot about how america has sold ukraine out with his pallets of USD in the background

This but the background is also clearly the beach of a tropical island.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

DancingShade posted:

I would not be putting money on any sort of French-Australian military deal going well for the next couple decades.

Also Australia has offshored most of its industry long ago. I assume any production runs it makes is going to be super limited in quantity. Certainly won't be quick.

the very proudly french-australian made norinco ammo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

Wait, Ukrainians are Uruk-hai?

This Twitter user is referring to the 2008 anime series "The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk"

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1619219992909856770
https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1619227769120104448

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They will change his mind just like they did with Abrahams (of which they wont send anyways after stalling for a year)

We need to figure out what f16-equivalent plane is owned in large numbers by other NATO countries, because the USA will promise 6 f16's in 2026 in order to shame whatever euro country into giving up most of their air force, which will then be replaced with f35's in 2030

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

erdogan continuing to be the funniest and most annoying man in nato

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Palladium posted:

the very proudly french-australian made norinco ammo

Norinco is a large company for sure. I forgot they did stuff other than mining & industrial.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Endman posted:

I'm sure if WW3 breaks out everybody will be nice and follow the "no nukes please :^)" rule

It's as sacred as "NO RUSH 5 MIN". It worked, most of the time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I look forward to the response when one day someone goes "yeah I am actually, what of it?". Once you take away the shaming aspect calling people names is pretty impotent.

To be clear I'm only in favour of genociding martians and their filthy space age bubble cities with a Jetsons motif.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

With the Australia-France thing, Thales has a significant presence in Australia, having completed purchase of the privatised Australian Defence Industries in 2006. Thales Australia and the EADS-owned Australian Aerospace would be responsible for considerable sums of both imports and exports of ETMs.So it's a France-Australia thing because they sold the state arsenals to a French company a few years back. lol neoliberalism rules.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

yellowcar posted:

liberals keep getting shocked by people who aren't terminally dumb at this geopolitics thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gunder has such a beautiful mind

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Frosted Flake posted:

With the Australia-France thing, Thales has a significant presence in Australia, having completed purchase of the privatised Australian Defence Industries in 2006. Thales Australia and the EADS-owned Australian Aerospace would be responsible for considerable sums of both imports and exports of ETMs.So it's a France-Australia thing because they sold the state arsenals to a French company a few years back. lol neoliberalism rules.

nanosuit power activated: maximum grift

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yellowcar posted:

for a man who was a hair's breath away from eating an air to air missile he's pretty ballsy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yellowcar posted:

hes the only world leader left thats remotely interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gunder has such a beautiful mind

gunther is worth a million cheemsposters.