Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
In my experience most of the paralogues have some kind of soft timer to prevent or at least inconvenience you for using turtle strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Region donation stuff

quote:

TLDR: After Ch4, get Firene to lvl 2. After Ch7, get Brodia to lvl3, BEFORE Ch18 or doing any paralogues on Elusia, get it to lvl 4. It dosnt matter if you do it after Ch9 cause you get no rewards for Ch 10-11. Finally, after Ch12 get Solm to lvl 2. You could do it the same way but Elusia to lvl 2 before Ch18/paralogues and Solm to lvl 4 after Ch12 and the results would be very similar, but it is a trade off between having little money after Ch12 but enough materials or having money and enoguh materials after Ch18.

I dont think it is worth getting more countries to lvl 4 because you dont get THAT much gold in this game.

Someone from comments:

quote:

The numbers for me are:

Firene lvl 2 after Ch4, then Firene lvl 4 before doing any paralogues after Ch 12, Brodia lvl 3, Elusia/Solm lvl 2:

4200 Iron, 152 Steel, 14 Silver

Brodia lvl 3 after Ch7, Lvl 4 after Ch8 (Cause you dont have the gold, Ch8 gives you a good amount to get to 4), Firene, Elusia and Solm lvl 2:

4180 Iron, 194 Steel, 12 Silver

Elusia lvl 4 before Ch18 or doing any paralogues there, Firene and Solm lvl 2, Brodia lvl 3:

4220 Iron, 200 Steel, 14 Silver

Solm lvl 4 after Ch12, Firene and Elusia lvl 2, Brodia lvl 3:

4140 Iron, 204 Steel, 14 Silver.

So the changes are little, but Elusia with the exchange with Iron/Steel gives you a little more.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I pumped all my money into level 3 whatever the starting area is thinking money would be easy to come by given how much it cost. What a fool I was.

I should probably buy a level in the other areas tho if that's the accepted good idea. I also only upgrade my stuff to +3 max because it seems insane beyond that for what you get.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

SP costs are the biggest thing that to me seem to clearly be balanced around the idea of post-game trial grinding, there are three SP Book items that give 100, 500, or 1000 SP to a character of your choosing. You get a set of them for beating the game but the only way to get more is to do the tower of trials.

Are the SP books from any trial type, or only Tempest Trials or another specific type?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh god, how do you deal with the Chapter 5 thief on Maddening? Everything is so strong :psyduck:. Ironically, I had an easier time with Chapter 4 than I anticipated.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

jimmydalad posted:

Oh god, how do you deal with the Chapter 5 thief on Maddening? Everything is so strong :psyduck:. Ironically, I had an easier time with Chapter 4 than I anticipated.

Kill the 2 guys north with alear engage and magic and mop up the 2 sword guys on the right and start working your way left. Ideally Louis distracted or hurt the 3 swords on the southwest and they line up for a nice Sigurd.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ccubed posted:

Region donation stuff

Someone from comments:

Imma be honest, that seems like a massive investment when a)Dogs give you infinite forging materials as long as you keep doing Relay Trials/Skrimishes and b)You could use that money on Master Seals and staffs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jimmydalad posted:

Celica

that chapter is a weird difficulty spike because the boss is just sort of absurdly overtuned

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Imma be honest, that seems like a massive investment when a)Dogs give you infinite forging materials as long as you keep doing Relay Trials/Skrimishes and b)You could use that money on Master Seals and staffs.

I mean if we're counting skirmishes then you have infinite money anyway so who cares?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Hellioning posted:

I mean if we're counting skirmishes then you have infinite money anyway so who cares?

Skrimishes are only like 1500-3000 gold from what I saw and on Hard and above they're way harder than the main chapters.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

JBP posted:

I pumped all my money into level 3 whatever the starting area is thinking money would be easy to come by given how much it cost. What a fool I was.

I should probably buy a level in the other areas tho if that's the accepted good idea. I also only upgrade my stuff to +3 max because it seems insane beyond that for what you get.

same, how do people get so much gold that they can donate up to multiple level 3s and still have enough for seals and upgrading weapons by that point in the game. I basically went through chapters 12 to 15 with almost zero gold.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anti-toxins heal 15 hp???

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

Anti-toxins heal 15 hp???

Yeah, they're just Vulneary+

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also elixers apparently only heal 30 HP

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

AlphaKeny1 posted:

same, how do people get so much gold that they can donate up to multiple level 3s and still have enough for seals and upgrading weapons by that point in the game. I basically went through chapters 12 to 15 with almost zero gold.

Theoretically: Anna and her personal skill (45 luck growth ) -> High Priest (30 luck growth)-> Tiki Pay to Win (+15 growth rates +10hp/luck 4 def at 18)-> Get High Luck (other inheritable skills?) -> Stack Avoidance/Resist -> Solo skirmishes = All the monies.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
level 4 gives you the rare animals that always show up in skirmish previews but never actually show up in the post-battle exploration

I somehow found a flamingo without looking and ended up buying the other three sets, then I saw that they just give the rare cooking ingredients and replaced them all with dogs, and then I had plenty of materials but couldn't afford the money to forge anything so I just filled the farm with cats.

I regret none of this.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm like 8 hours into a second run and it's pretty apparent their answer for 3H's four story replayability is replaying with different people. It works for me cause the gameplay is that drat good.

Has their been any official word on the multiplayer? That's something you'd think would be a priority with people hitting the end

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

level 4 gives you the rare animals that always show up in skirmish previews but never actually show up in the post-battle exploration

I somehow found a flamingo without looking and ended up buying the other three sets, then I saw that they just give the rare cooking ingredients and replaced them all with dogs, and then I had plenty of materials but couldn't afford the money to forge anything so I just filled the farm with cats.

I regret none of this.

I found a Donkey and Marmot with everything at level 2, they're just rare.

It did take like 4 skirmishes for the Donkey to actually pop up tho

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tae posted:

Also elixers apparently only heal 30 HP

the chad favorite food

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
One little trick I found to getting more gold is to make sure to always do the wyvern minigame once it unlocks. It gives you a couple consumables which you can sell for about 500-1500 gold depending on what you get which isn't bad for about 3 minutes of effort. Apparently donating to Elusia makes gold skirmishes more likely to appear than other areas so it could be worth maxing that one first if your goal is to get all the nations maxed out.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FrickenMoron posted:

Any good early forge memes for maddening? I was thinking of giving Louis a silver greatlance asap so he can just delete an enemy on demand.

knives gain 2 MT per forge, it's very funny

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

ccubed posted:

Theoretically: Anna and her personal skill (45 luck growth ) -> High Priest (30 luck growth)-> Tiki Pay to Win (+15 growth rates +10hp/luck 4 def at 18)-> Get High Luck (other inheritable skills?) -> Stack Avoidance/Resist -> Solo skirmishes = All the monies.

lol i haven't thought of solo Anna. I screwed up and didn't really understand the potential of emblems so she ended up a berserker when I intended her to be a mage but it's time to try and build her up to farm gold

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

i cant stop playing this game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Barreft posted:

Has their been any official word on the multiplayer? That's something you'd think would be a priority with people hitting the end

The Relay Trials? They work, just not random ones. If you have a code they work fine. There’s a megathread on Reddit where people post like a dozen codes an hour if you want to try them out.

I hope they fix random ones soon though, it’d be fun to be able to just keep shuffling through them.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I had to upload this, spit out laughing when it happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2VRaStZRA4

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Barreft posted:

she's unstoppable

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Harrow posted:

The Relay Trials? They work, just not random ones. If you have a code they work fine. There’s a megathread on Reddit where people post like a dozen codes an hour if you want to try them out.

I hope they fix random ones soon though, it’d be fun to be able to just keep shuffling through them.

Yeah that. I want random. When I have to go on reddit and get codes it just becomes a chore

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
If people are actually interested in doing them, I guess my one attempt at the Relay was not the norm as far as difficulty. It was full of higher leveled enemies with Entrap and Facture staves, so each turn one of my units was chain warped across the map, broken, and murdered by a swarm of enemies. Absolutely nothing I could do to survive unless every single one of my units was good enough to solo 5+ enemies at any given time without support, healing, or being able to counter.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Barreft posted:

The knife-flipping victory animation is so good.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Any reason no one seems to mention Zelkov in their run downs? My Yunaka hasn't turned out worth much of a drat and I'm pretty impressed with Not *Quite* as a skill, at least on paper, though Yunaka's Trained to Kill seems better. What exactly is going on with this character though, are they just always counting as being in a shadowy corner even when standing in open sun? Randomly enunciating words like a comic book character is very in theme for this game so far. Anyway, he's got like 7 Str up on her, as well as better dex and speed. Should I bench Yunaka for Zelkov?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Investing in countries was advertised as a way to make h skrimshes in them more profitable. but I tried one ski rims to see what it was like and while it wasn’t like super hard or anything it was clear it was designed to make you work for it a bit on Hard if you wanted to use it as a grinding outlet anyways, and I figured I didn’t really wanna break the exp curve by indulging in the grinding outlet. Which works out because it means I’ve gotten plenty of gold in the stimmy checks to buy every staff, javelin, handaxe and master seal preemptively. The rest of the limited stock I figure I’ll buy if my roster rounds out more to actually use but no reason to do it right now

I figure if you are going to use skirmishes for grinding then investing will just refund the,selves and more

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Syrnn posted:

Any reason no one seems to mention Zelkov in their run downs? My Yunaka hasn't turned out worth much of a drat and I'm pretty impressed with Not *Quite* as a skill, at least on paper, though Yunaka's Trained to Kill seems better. What exactly is going on with this character though, are they just always counting as being in a shadowy corner even when standing in open sun? Randomly enunciating words like a comic book character is very in theme for this game so far. Anyway, he's got like 7 Str up on her, as well as better dex and speed. Should I bench Yunaka for Zelkov?

I am pretty sure Zelkov is statistically better than Yunaka overall, just a lot of people like Hiya Papaya and Dropped Your Guard a lot better. That and offensive personal skill vs defensive one, which is down to preference I guess.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

For me he just seems like kinda of a downer which I'm sure is explained in supports but just doesn't tonally fit and in this 2nd playthrough I don't want 2 thieves and again don't want the emo dude. spots are at a premium

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Syrnn posted:

both of them are great but Yunaka's personal skill pushes her over the top to being actually insane.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Barreft posted:

For me he just seems like kinda of a downer which I'm sure is explained in supports but just doesn't tonally fit and in this 2nd playthrough I don't want 2 thieves and again don't want the emo dude. spots are at a premium

actually, he's just a funny weirdo like everyone else

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

actually, he's just a funny weirdo like everyone else

yeah I know it's explained in supports

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Pureauthor posted:

I am pretty sure Zelkov is statistically better than Yunaka overall, just a lot of people like Hiya Papaya and Dropped Your Guard a lot better. That and offensive personal skill vs defensive one, which is down to preference I guess.

Zelkov has lower growths in Speed and Res compared to Yunaka, which kind of hurts the dodge-tank style that people tend be using Thief for, since Mystical attacks ignore terrain effects and so are the only ones that can ever hit you through trees/fog. But he does have higher Def and HP so he would probably be better as like a Wolf Rider if you wanted to use him more aggressively and give up Covert.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
vel'koz is definitely a good choice if your yunaka is below average

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/tomenheimer/status/1620251861193478144?s=46&t=w8_HsOGIBMoppSCZ_k79vg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The Res is kind of Yunaka's selling point, even at level 10 my Yunaka had more Res than Zelkov, so she has that going for her. But offensively she's most likely gonna be outstatted unless she's been getting a lot of kills, both by Zelkov and by another knife user you're gonna get in Chapter 13.