Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

for gaius marius

https://twitter.com/ashencant/status/1620185876377767937

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

No need to wait for the future, there's so much plastic poo poo in the ocean, we are performing archaeology on the present

https://twitter.com/LegoLostAtSea/status/1617985087932633088?s=20&t=v-RvELLaSVJJD4JahlW8yg

(It is an Emperor's New Groove Happy Meal toy)

I just looked up what the happy meal toy looks like and now I'm questioning every artifact ever found lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Khanstant posted:

future archeologists digging up our tifa figurines speculating they were some kind of fertility idol we kept in our homes

Are they not?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ohhhhh hmmmm

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1620234119472119809

maybe i will partake if it coincides with TOTK

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just looked up what the happy meal toy looks like and now I'm questioning every artifact ever found lol

it's probably a consequence of classical sculptures having been stripped to the marble that we have the notion of colorless figures being somehow more dignified or noble, which is especially hilarious considering how cartoonishly garish they would've looked at the time

now that's some loving mcdonald's rear end coloring

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

This day are sick

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

future archeologists digging up our tifa figurines speculating they were some kind of fertility idol we kept in our homes

The Venus of Willendorf was a collector’s edition pack-in for Final Fantasy -MCCIX

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The psp was epic.

It made my hands hurt

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Tons of srpgs though, so it's a land of contrasts

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

it's probably a consequence of classical sculptures having been stripped to the marble that we have the notion of colorless figures being somehow more dignified or noble, which is especially hilarious considering how cartoonishly garish they would've looked at the time

now that's some loving mcdonald's rear end coloring

As funny as it is to think that classical statues were painted by five-year-olds, they created that reproduction by analyzing paint traces on the marble so it's probably just a rendering of the base layers before detail work was added.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

PSP was dope because you could hack it into a universal remote control and conduct low stakes hi-jinks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Beat all the Spectra doors in Hi-Fi Rush, playable Korsica when?!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently Embracer group sold Tomb Raider to Amazon for 600 million USD which means Embracer group made 300 million dollars to acquire crystal dynamics + deus ex

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hi-Fi Rush is cool as hell

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Barudak posted:

Apparently Embracer group sold Tomb Raider to Amazon for 600 million USD which means Embracer group made 300 million dollars to acquire crystal dynamics + deus ex

Think about all those extra NFTs they could have minted...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barudak posted:

The selling price was always completely bonkers. Crystal Dynamics alone was probably worth close to $300 million.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I love Isaac's furstrated stomp grunts, with the occasional cuss thrown in. The audio design in general is great.

https://i.imgur.com/ee0Nk9x.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Barudak posted:

And Gex!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Prepare thyself for Deus Gex

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Barudak posted:

This Lord of the Rings fansite seems to be the primary source, which doesn't even mention TR in the headline, because it's a story about WB potentially letting go of LOTR

https://fellowshipoffans.com/news/warner-bros-exit-talks-begin-for-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-hobbit-franchises-exclusive/

Embracer Group just sold their ‘Tomb Raider’ rights to Amazon for a deal that we can exclusively reveal as being approximately a 600 Million overall package making it Amazon’s second biggest purchase after purchasing the television rights for ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’. Therefore, this puts into perspective the cost and prices that Embracer maybe looking for.

This wording is pretty weird, because the LOTR tv rights supposedly cost Amazon $250 million. How is that more than 600? Is it because TR is only a fraction of the "overall package"?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I love Isaac's furstrated stomp grunts, with the occasional cuss thrown in. The audio design in general is great.

https://i.imgur.com/ee0Nk9x.mp4

isaac's one of my favorite survival horror protags because of how instantly believable he is: he has a core decency even in the middle of a disaster, is still an engineering nerd that isn't great with people, even though he tries his best, and manages to balance being scared out of his mind with seething anger at all the monsters he has to carve apart

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Amazon didn't buy the IP outright, they're just publishing the next game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

Barudak posted:

Incredible. This is what is going to happen to the WB properties too.

Add Lara to new world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Does WB even have any big game-exclusive IP outside of Mortal Kombat? I more see them pulling a Disney where they transition to just licensing out the IP rather than producing in-house.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Does WB even have any big game-exclusive IP outside of Mortal Kombat? I more see them pulling a Disney where they transition to just licensing out the IP rather than producing in-house.

The imminent Hogwarts Legacy that will probably make a thousand million bazillion dollars is owned by them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's not game exclusive. That's Harry Potter. That was a book and a movie. I'm not talking about Harry Potter or DC, I'm talking about IP that are primarily known for games.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The imminent Hogwarts Legacy that will probably make a thousand million bazillion dollars is owned by them.

preorder sales are apparently trending even higher than elden ring on steam, which is gonna be a loving crazy sales figure if accurate

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Agnostalgia posted:

As funny as it is to think that classical statues were painted by five-year-olds, they created that reproduction by analyzing paint traces on the marble so it's probably just a rendering of the base layers before detail work was added.

That drove me loving crazy. Every person on earth who has ever painted a miniature for a tabletop game knows that blocking in the base colors is step one and it does look garish and obnoxious at that step. But then you layer it up or apply shades and highlights, and that's when it starts looking nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsdjBtZJJ2k

loving pop history, man.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

i was legit shocked how bad these games are after they were the darling of the VN thread, poorly translated completely up its own rear end writing and nonsensical story - i feel like you have to have terminal VN brain to enjoy them

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mad Wack posted:

i was legit shocked how bad these games are after they were the darling of the VN thread, poorly translated completely up its own rear end writing and nonsensical story - i feel like you have to have terminal VN brain to enjoy them

Alllow me to be the first to say this: skill issue

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Without love, it cannot be seen.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

VNs aren't video games

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

VNs aren't video games

yeah it's right there in the name, they should go in the book forum

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The "v" in vn actually stands for "video games"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

VNs aren't video games

Why not

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feldegast42 posted:

I wish that the FTC would call their bluff and block the merger because Microsoft is too incompetent of a company to even manage themselves, but I know the country we live in and who owns our politicians so :lol:

Also I don't know how the thread likes Yahtzee but he had a pretty good take on E3, all things considered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=320HQ3aMGdo

I don't miss E3 so much I miss the embarrassing E3 videos

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Konami e3 shows ftw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

VNs aren't video games

Many saying this

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

you can't parry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No parries, no character builds, no double jumps.