Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

They are correct

Embiid is the second best player in the league for the third straight year and easily the best player in the east. He's even the second best center in the NBA and outplayed the best one!

406 pages and you haven't learned anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

joel embiid ftw

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

If he outplays Jokic again I think maybe he'll finally win MVP this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vox Nihili posted:

I think they pipe Bill Simmons into every household in the greater American Northeast these days

Like if you live in Vermont your "smart" microwave will start talking about how Marcus Smart is the best defensive guard in the league etc.

wow your microwave knows what it’s talking about

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Magic came back from nowhere on the road and Banchero is going off

Harrell +2 and Embiid -5 for the game lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's throat the military night today at the mavs arena. @_@

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Doncic 24 of the Mavs' 30 points in the first quarter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Yossarian-22 posted:

Doncic 24 of the Mavs' 30 points in the first quarter

looks like they've finally implemented the Bel Air Academy offense

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Great game TWolves/Kings. Edwards is him. Gobert still pretty good despite the trade for him being terrible

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Edwards is him but Fox is him-er

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

McDaniels for the game tying 3. Sabonis fouled out. Time out kings. 12 seconds

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

OT. Fox fadeaway airball

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Huge steals by Murray and points by Trey Lyles/Fox. 6 point lead!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wolves defense man

It's bad

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

LIGHT THE BEAM

Luka 45 points through 3+ quarters and fewer than 20 shots

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Wolves defense man

It's bad

In regulation, Gobert was great against Sabonis and Ant did a good job keeping up with the Fox/Monk assault with 30+ points. The Kings were pretty weak on offense before OT

But Russell/Edwards are absolutely terrible on D

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/NBA_University/status/1620072155085176832

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

miamis defense is so good theyre on that list twice

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol I totally overreacted to the Doncic sprain. 53 points today

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

In regulation, Gobert was great against Sabonis and Ant did a good job keeping up with the Fox/Monk assault with 30+ points. The Kings were pretty weak on offense before OT

Russell is such a loving waste. I hope they manage to unload him at the deadline, but I dunno how many teams want a PG who can't run an offense or an SG who can't defend, depending on exactly what role he's being slotted into any given night.

Like, dude would be a great 6 man but he's making 30 mil. I legit wonder what dumbass GM is gonna give him a raise this off-season.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Westbrook for Russell who says no

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

With Jordan McLaughlin out and DLo realizing that he's gonna get paid the same whether he runs the offense or not, Ant is literally the best PG on the floor.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

Westbrook for Russell who says no
The Wolves. Their cap is kinda hosed so if they let DLo walk (or let whoever they get for DLo walk) they don't get to sign someone else with that cap space. They want someone locked up through at least next year (when Rudy is a FA too).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Gobert does his thing on defense like clockwork but they get worked by opposing guards, and Fox is built to rip through that kind of top-heavy defense

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I think Gobert has the unenviable situation of being on a team with zero perimeter defense so he has to help double guys sometimes which leaves the paint open. When he is in the paint it's basically a no-go zone. He's shown that his defense gets much worse when he's forced to play the perimeter

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
ugh, classic let down game vs Orlando following a big win for the sixers. not even gonna bother watching it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Warriors seem like they may be getting their poo poo together. Going to have to wait a few weeks before I feel comfortable believing this, but if they do, lol.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Pohl posted:

Warriors seem like they may be getting their poo poo together. Going to have to wait a few weeks before I feel comfortable believing this, but if they do, lol.

maybe. steph's passing looked better, draymond and klay's chemistry looked better. poole didn't look completely awful turning the ball over, wiggins looked okay grabbing some boards, looney is still underrated. i hope people remember that the starters are good, duh, this year's story has been rebuilding the second unit.

i can't get enough of donte divincenzo though that guy plays both sides.

damion lee also looked pretty good today for the suns.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

TDepressionEarl posted:

maybe. steph's passing looked better, draymond and klay's chemistry looked better. poole didn't look completely awful turning the ball over, wiggins looked okay grabbing some boards, looney is still underrated. i hope people remember that the starters are good, duh, this year's story has been rebuilding the second unit.

i can't get enough of donte divincenzo though that guy plays both sides.

damion lee also looked pretty good today for the suns.

If I was Kerr I would absolutely start Donte over Poole right now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

They're looking much more solid. Kuminga is really coming into his own, especially on defense. Hopefully he can eat up all of JMG's minutes going forward.

Donte is also better than I thought he'd be.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yossarian-22 posted:

I think Gobert has the unenviable situation of being on a team with zero perimeter defense so he has to help double guys sometimes which leaves the paint open. When he is in the paint it's basically a no-go zone. He's shown that his defense gets much worse when he's forced to play the perimeter

Depending on how they're using Jaden McDaniels, they might have a perimeter defender, since he's the best defender on the team not named Rudy, but teams basically attack Ant and especially DLo so anytime they're on the floor together, it's a recipe for defensive breakdowns.

Ant needs to figure out how to play passable defense while still scoring like he has been, DLo needs to figure out how to be paid $10/mil a year and thrive off the bench because he's a classic case of too big a contract not to start.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IM now hearing broad consensus among the nba writers and related people that the East is way better than the West.

Just remember where you heard that first.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

IM now hearing broad consensus among the nba writers and related people that the East is way better than the West.

Just remember where you heard that first.

its been obvious since the beginning of the season op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bumping is not needed but thank you ami 🙏

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

still don't understand why there's a basketball thread in the Politics forum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Training posted:

still don't understand why there's a basketball thread in the Politics forum

there are dudes here that are too scared to post in sas

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m highlighting the negative influence of capitalist ideology on human experience and activity

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA