Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

It means that by December they will have to declare another public health emergency because poo poo will get a lot worse real fast.

yeah, i work in this field now. these funds were what helped fund a lot of programs states had low or no cost testing and treatments. The state DPHs we work with are now having to work to find budget to fund v popular and impactful programs.

poo poo was so bad in December for some states with flu, rsv and COVID spiking we had to take over triaging patients to direct them the appropriate care since emergency services were overwhelmed and couldn't sufficiently deal with the volumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

Two groups just straight up trying to kill us.

I think it's worse, I think it's two groups who view empathy as a political liability who don't actually care if people live or die.

My doctor got me out of having to return to the office after a bullet went through it. My bosses are acting like I'm some coward for not wanting to be in the office anymore.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

There was a last round of free covid tests like a month back.

and yeah, I dunno how to look at the admin's response to covid compared to the Republicans and not look at it how they view like Oil drilling.

Two groups just straight up trying to kill us.

The tweet about HIRE *clap* MORE *clap* FEMALE *clap* GUARDS while waiting in line at the gas chambers really speaks to me on this issue.

Neil Armbong posted:

poo poo was so bad in December for some states with flu, rsv and COVID spiking we had to take over triaging patients to direct them the appropriate care since emergency services were overwhelmed and couldn't sufficiently deal with the volumes.

Our local EDs are still drowning but this past November/December is the worst I’ve ever seen. It was worse than the depths of the delta wave, but without the body count. ill never forget our decontamination room having body bags stacked because the morgue was full that summer :stare: Seems like every patient was Medium Sick in some way that they couldn’t just street them. Our very large, very new children’s hospital had lines out the door, beds on every unbroken space of wall in the halls, and no possibility of admission.

poo poo, most of our EDs still have 10+ hr wait times at triage.

It’s going to be like this every winter for the foreseeable future until Covid (hopefully) evolves into a lower acuity disease.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 31, 2023

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

until Covid (hopefully) evolves into a lower acuity disease.

it's sad that we've come to this point, but yeah this is probably the only real exit we're gonna get covid

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

going to Thailand on fridaaaaaaaaay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/pop_arena/status/1620115734717415426?t=x8f9D0BKPJLFtJ6cLv3sfA&s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

Nice, I'm going to Hawaii on Friday with my family and my gf. Should be a very good trip assuming the weather cooperates

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

GLHF, we had to push our trip there to the end of the year on account of some family drama.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have never read an animorph, but the post about them just straight mercing alternate-history Hitler was very funny.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I opened this and forgot what thread it came from, and thought “man I should share this in the chat thread because Ross would love it”

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I read a bunch of those books as a kid, I remember the one where the kids ended up on a world populated by aliens that were like Scyther (you know the pokemon with sword arms) and taught them how to commit genocide

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
alright,,,,,I was unable to find Gaunts Ghosts at a bookstore near me but I did find Eisenhorn book 1 XENOS which is also written by Dan.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1620487084388782082

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJp2SRyBmw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Glumslinger posted:

I read a bunch of those books as a kid, I remember the one where the kids ended up on a world populated by aliens that were like Scyther (you know the pokemon with sword arms) and taught them how to commit genocide

A Tuesday in Animorphs land

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I'm not surprised, but I don't expect it to be any good. The writing in that show requires a kind of deft touch between two sides I don't think anyone is capable of right now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Best news of the day :unsmith:

Edit: wonder how they're gonna handle Luanne and Lucky (and to a smaller extent, Principal Moss), considering their VAs passed away.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Episode pitches go:

Bobby uses the litterbox at school and kinda likes it.

Bad flu epidemic leads to local mask mandate, but local politicians take things too far.

New emissions regulations mean Hank's favorite mower is being discontinued, new ones are too weak to properly care for Arlen lawns.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

Episode pitches go:

Bobby uses the litterbox at school and kinda likes it.

Bad flu epidemic leads to local mask mandate, but local politicians take things too far.

New emissions regulations mean Hank's favorite mower is being discontinued, new ones are too weak to properly care for Arlen lawns.

There’s definitely a gas range storyline in there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah its going to be absolutely terrible. Something strange is happening where all my media wishes from the early 2000s (a Deadwood movie, more King of the Hill, turn Game of Thrones or Lord of Rings or Wheel of time into a show, more Sopranos content, more Rome seasons) have happened besides the last one, and they all kinda suck rear end. The Deadwood movie didn't suck but it also wasn't exactly as awesome as I wanted.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

There’s definitely a gas range storyline in there.

Hank Hill just incredibly sad that every republican has a limp handshake now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Bobby goes down the rabbit hole of alt-right youtubers. Hank: I wanted Bobby to be a Republican... but not like this!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hell even rewatching the original ninja turtles movie is an absolute masterpiece compared to the crap that’s being put out today under mainstay titles like Star Wars or lord of the rings

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'll be fine with the new series if we do get the equivalent of the KotH gang re-enacting the Letterkenny kicking the poo poo out of the nazis scene.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hell even rewatching the original ninja turtles movie is an absolute masterpiece compared to the crap that’s being put out today under mainstay titles like Star Wars or lord of the rings

Turtles in time tho

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

I presume we posted about this, but one of the costumes from the original movie was discovered in 2019 and put up for sale for $15k

Someone bought this

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

I'll be fine with the new series if we do get the equivalent of the KotH gang re-enacting the Letterkenny kicking the poo poo out of the nazis scene.

Crossover episode where Hard Right Jay gets photo copier machine'd by the Hicks and KotH cast

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

I presume we posted about this, but one of the costumes from the original movie was discovered in 2019 and put up for sale for $15k

Someone bought this

I uh… wow. I don’t remember them looking that terrifying

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

I uh… wow. I don’t remember them looking that terrifying

It rotted. Wasn't built to last.

I mean they looked bad in the original movie too, which is why they shot it so dark, but it sure didn't look that monstrous. Also the costumes were insanely top heavy and absorbed moisture. The stories of making that movie for those poor stuntmen....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We all float down here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Here's an insane story:

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1620475791841660928?t=D9jW32Zirf-oprGCnJ5HVw&s=19

To be honest if I disguised myself as a teen to dunk on them I'd absolutely showboat the hell out of it.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
13 is the absolute oldest team age I'd believe an adult could pull that off and not be absolutely immolated to a crisp from the opposing team dragging their rear end to hell. Anyone older is using their time on the bench to look up washed up ballers. "You playing like Jordan on the Wizards." Just intentionally fouling the ringer to make them stand alone while four teenagers ask if she's hoping this game counts to her pension time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Bobby goes down the rabbit hole of alt-right youtubers. Hank: I wanted Bobby to be a Republican... but not like this!

TPUSA spokeman in Arlen, red tie, red hat, shrunken face like Charlie Kirk. Diaper-wearing episode episode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wonder which IP will be the one that sends the revival/reboot/rehash trend in TV and film back to hell where it belongs, or if it will merely be a casualty of the larger streaming media collapse that people keep warning about.

Like I saw last week that there's an upcoming (maybe even available now?) reboot of the early 90s Power Rangers run, like who the gently caress was asking for that?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

We all float down here.

It’s the teeth

https://youtu.be/FMJPwRWaZBI

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I remember seeing the 2nd movie, where they weren't allowed to use the weapons to actually hit anyone, and that killed my love of the turtles dead instantly.

C-Euro posted:

I wonder which IP will be the one that sends the revival/reboot/rehash trend in TV and film back to hell where it belongs, or if it will merely be a casualty of the larger streaming media collapse that people keep warning about.

Like I saw last week that there's an upcoming (maybe even available now?) reboot of the early 90s Power Rangers run, like who the gently caress was asking for that?

Kids who were 8 when Power Rangers came out I imagine. I dunno, I just presume we'll age out and then the next generation's kids will get all their stuff rebooted for them as we did.

I'm sure the reboot of High School Musical for 35 year olds will be utterly repugnant to us in ways we can't even describe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

I think it's just a Power Rangers special where they brought back some of the original cast to team up with the current Power Rangers

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Skwirl posted:

I think it's just a Power Rangers special where they brought back some of the original cast to team up with the current Power Rangers

Yeah, it's a 30th anniversary special:

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status/1615389327285944335

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

It is. A girl I dated is really good friends with the current Red (previously Pink) ranger. I remember her telling me that there was going to be a switch on the show and making me promise not to tell anyone because it was going to be some huge surprise.

I was like yeah sure whatever nobody I know would give a poo poo and it would be more embarrassing trying to explain it all.

There was also a random night her friend was in town and brought out a bunch of her power Ranger friends because there was a convention in town. I did not know this going into meeting all the friends so it was like

“Hey nice to meet you, what do you do?”
“Oh I was the blue ranger on season 16, what about you?”
“….I’m in logistics”

Just over and over again. Though I did make friends with Steve Cardenas, the guy who played Rocky in the first power rangers movie. He was the only one even close to my age. Good dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't think I've ever seen this trailer before. And it's blowing my mind. Did they use the original suit actors' dialog/lines or something? Everyone's voices are different from the final film.

(The original TMNT might be my favorite movie of all time.)