Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Waffleopolis posted:

I did 7k credits worth of leveling up. Got Luke Cage to cap off Series 3 and got a Lucha M'Baku variant.

...I wasn't interested in buying the Pro Bundle, but it looks reeeeeal enticing right now...

Help.

Whatever you get will likely be needed if it’s good? That may feel worse knowing you spent real money.

If you’re balling and time is more valuable to you than money then go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Killing Leader is a good shoot, but it's kind of disappointing how inelegant it is.

I think it's pretty funny that a lot of people are pretending like this is their first and only emblematic vision of how they are going to do Nerfs/Buffs. when we've already seen a few stat tweaks and they did even more adjustments during the beta.

If anyone is curious, here's a video of some card change history (ignore the terrible thumbnail). Lots of current staples were quite different during Beta and they are still totally playable and game staples.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlFfpT_bfDI

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Welp I'm snowed in, in the middle of nowhere for 2 more days. Guess I'll play the poo poo out if this game

Saved up 30 caches so let's see what happens

Gonna make a brood/ leader deck where you drop Wong in the right lane and copy their turn 7 surfer

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Seems like Leader would still be alright? Just gotta play a deck built around him more. Storm left side, Spidey middle on turn 5, Leader middle turn 6. 7 power drop plus whatever they play is a decent turn. You can't just drop him anywhere at any time now and get a win out of nowhere which would happen on occasion with him before.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 31, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
gently caress leader im glad hes dead

(hes not and will still be annoying but less so)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So with Absorbing Man I've now opened my last pool 3 card. Well, for now.

I wonder what the best strategy is now for opening more reserves. Not open any until right after a drop? Seems kinda boring though.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
oh poo poo fam I finally got Colleen Wing. Apoc here we come

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

uXs posted:

So with Absorbing Man I've now opened my last pool 3 card. Well, for now.

I wonder what the best strategy is now for opening more reserves. Not open any until right after a drop? Seems kinda boring though.

If you are pool 3 complete, yes. You will guarantee those drops in your next X caches after a drop.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Reek posted:

Saved up 30 caches so let's see what happens

Well that was fun!

1. Super Skrull
2. 400 credits
3. 100 collector
4. Hela
5. Death - first form variant
6. Avatar - Giganto
7. Titania
8. 100 collector tokens
9. 300 credits
10. Avatar - Agent 13
11. 300 credits
12. 100 collector
13. Falcon :V
14. 100 collector
15. 400 credit
16. Captain Marvel
17. Agatha - classic variant
18. 100 collector
19. Viper
20. Colleen Wig - variant where she has a cat <3
21. 300 credits
22. Lockjaw
23. 100 collector
24. 300 credit
25. Title - This Matchmaking Sucks

Trip report: would have preferred shuri or bast but skrull seems fun when he hits. Titania could be cool, wanted cage more but interested in trying her.

I got lockjaw! That card has been a pain in my side so happy to try my own version. Still no Magneto :( probably the main meta card I want to slot into my decks. 9 cards left in series 3 so he can't holdout forever

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I literally just got Leader the other day and I barely got to try him. And I got Shuri last night before she dropped pool's.

I am thankful for the otherwise lucky pulls but... the timing.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Bottom Liner posted:

If you are pool 3 complete, yes. You will guarantee those drops in your next X caches after a drop.

Yeah... but you get a lot more credits than you need to open those reserves.

So I guess the best way is to figure out how many credits you need to guarantee opening the new pool 3 cards after a drop, saving those, and just use the rest to open up reserves. Because those card boxes will then contain tokens.

But there's still the pool 4 card you get every 40 reserves. It would suck getting a card as your pool 4 card right before it dropped to 3.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The Sean posted:

I literally just got Leader the other day and I barely got to try him. And I got Shuri last night before she dropped pool's.

Shuri is still P4 so that’s still a huge pull.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hmm. Should I still buy Abs Man now that he's 1000 tokens and I know that Zabu will be nerfed in a week?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Bottom Liner posted:

Shuri is still P4 so that’s still a huge pull.

Oh, yeah. You're right. I misread that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quackles posted:

Hmm. Should I still buy Abs Man now that he's 1000 tokens and I know that Zabu will be nerfed in a week?

I’ve been sitting on Mystique because like Abs Man she seems to be a card that fits into any deck w/ good Ongoings? While Abs Man fits into any deck you’d want to double up on On Reveals with?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
yea i need more emotes. Guy who looked like he was being an rear end was actually trying to give me more cubes. Snapped, spammed the fists and "snap?" and proceeded to pass every turn and play Luke Cage turn 6

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

The Sean posted:

New Leader just requires setup now. Anything that lets you play him early, and activate him in both the middle lane and the left lane has potential.

Wave + Leader + Beast/Absorbing Man should work well.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Quackles posted:

How close are you to finishing Pool 3? Because if you are close, you will get Abs man as a matter of course very soon.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Occurs to me that the new Leader is disqualified from Galactus decks. That's a huge deal for those decks which previously could put the opponent in a double bind of accounting for both the possibility that your opponent could play a massive Death+Whatever turn OR they could just play a Leader.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

doingitwrong posted:

Occurs to me that the new Leader is disqualified from Galactus decks. That's a huge deal for those decks which previously could put the opponent in a double bind of accounting for both the possibility that your opponent could play a massive Death+Whatever turn OR they could just play a Leader.
Did galactus decks run leader? I almost always lost to shang chi+death so I never bothered playing T6 out.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm weak.....I bought the pro bundle....

At least it wasn't a complete failure. Got enough tokens for...

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

How close are you to finishing Pool 3? Because if you are close, you will get Abs man as a matter of course very soon.

I currently have 19 cards to go, counting the pool 4 drops.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001
I keep forgetting to try this out -- if you play Zero on an "on reveal effects happen twice" location do the next two cards have their powers removed?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Quackles posted:

I currently have 19 cards to go, counting the pool 4 drops.

I would save three tokens unless you want to abuse Absorb Spider combo before the Zabu nerf.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Thanks to pool drop I picked up both Shuri and Bast today and capped off my Pool 4 again. Also the next bundles have been mined.

quote:

There are 4 upcoming bundles, some with collector tokens! Let's look at them:

Positively Charged :: Feb 7 - Feb 28. Price: 8000 gold. Gains: 3000 Collector's Tokens, 6000 credits, 155 Mr. Negative boosters, Be My Valentine title, Mr. Negative avatar, and Mr. Negative variant.

Westview Story :: Feb 14 - Feb 21. Price: 2000 gold. Gains: I Love You title, Scarlet Witch avatar, Vision avatar, Scarlet Witch variant, and Vision variant.

Steamy Hells Kitchen :: Feb 14 - Feb 21. Price: 2000 gold. Gains: Are You... My Soulmate title, Daredevil avatar, Elektra avatar, Daredevil variant, and Elektra variant.

Birthpool :: Feb 22 - Feb - Mar 3. Price: 3200 gold. Gains: 1500 Collector's Tokens, 3200 credits, 291 Deadpool boosters, Merc with a Mouth title, Deadpool avatar, and Deadpool variant.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm weak.....I bought the pro bundle....

At least it wasn't a complete failure. Got enough tokens for...

Yesssss :hfive:

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I’m still relatively new to the game, and haven’t quite played a full season yet, but man people weren’t kidding when they said that growth comes to a grinding halt with the transition to Reserves. I know they offer a 1/4 chance if a new card but so far that doesn’t seem to be playing out for me that way. I did land Mystique recently so she’s been fun :toot: I’m looking forward to assembling some of the decks without having to include budget substitutions.

I’ve been inching through the 50s for like a week and just can’t seem to crack 60 with my cheapo Blue Kazoo deck or DoubleDino (thanks to the aforementioned Mystique). Any tips for efficient progression (ie, not throwing money away)?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Thanks to pool drop I picked up both Shuri and Bast today and capped off my Pool 4 again. Also the next bundles have been mined.
3000 tokens for an 8k gold bundle??? gently caress yeah!!!! Deadpool bundle looks sick as well. Sorry pro bundle buyers you've been scammed.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 31, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I don't know how yall had the patience to save up reserves, I burn through credits as fast as I get them..

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I don't know how yall had the patience to save up reserves, I burn through credits as fast as I get them..
Its ez once you've got most of pool 3. And totally trivial once you've completed it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just gotta play like the pros!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They’re tempting me with that Deadpool bundle

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Got through 408CL of reserves and the worst part is actually all the animations around upgrading and opening. It gets old.

Very first pack was Orka, my next card was Dazzler 84CL later. Top-tier cards with great synergy, I'm so lucky to get these series 4 and 5 blessings.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

FlamingLiberal posted:

They’re tempting me with that Deadpool bundle

Nothing can compete with the Nyan Chimichanga Cat variant, but it's decent.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is there a thing with Jessica Jones that if the zones move around she doesn't get buffed?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

uXs posted:

It would suck getting a card as your pool 4 card right before it dropped to 3.

Yeah this just happened to me, got she hulk from a reserve like 4 days ago :v:

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is there a thing with Jessica Jones that if the zones move around she doesn't get buffed?
In order to get the buff, you can't play anything at the location she was originally played, even if she moves from there.

The animated effect can be buggy if she moves, but it will still grant the bonus consistently.

Edit: I misread your question, I see you're asking about the location moving, not the card. I think in that case you can't play anything on the original location, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You cannot play a card in the location she was played in no matter where it moves to. It's an edge case interaction but yes.

The card says "here" but it should read location.

Edit: f,b

To add more content, a new datamined variant is an instant buy when I see it in shop.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ellaybee posted:

I’m still relatively new to the game, and haven’t quite played a full season yet, but man people weren’t kidding when they said that growth comes to a grinding halt with the transition to Reserves. I know they offer a 1/4 chance if a new card but so far that doesn’t seem to be playing out for me that way. I did land Mystique recently so she’s been fun :toot: I’m looking forward to assembling some of the decks without having to include budget substitutions.

I’ve been inching through the 50s for like a week and just can’t seem to crack 60 with my cheapo Blue Kazoo deck or DoubleDino (thanks to the aforementioned Mystique). Any tips for efficient progression (ie, not throwing money away)?

Honestly, we'd have to know what S3 cards you have to be any help. Though you're probably just stuck in the 50's anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Meanwhile I get my 4th Jubilee variant..