Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Can't wait to listen to the Black Adam episode. It's a worse movie than Morbius, imo. That was at least bizarrely entertaining, this is....drywall.

It's weird how little The Rock is on screen during the movie. He's present for maybe 25 minutes of the 125 minute runtime. Not that his character is particularly good, but this was supposed to be his big passion project. It was going to shift the balance of power in the DCEU (or whatever the line was), and it's something he supposedly shepherded over the finish line. And yet he's missing for huge chunks of it!

Just so strange all around.

When the trailers first dropped and we found out it was a JSA movie, I suspected it was two screenplays mashed together.

After watching it I think it's just one screenplay: A JSA movie with Black Adam as the villain. Once it turned into a Dwayne Johnson vehicle they would have re-worked it to make him the star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Next week's main feed episode: R.I.P.D. (the rest of this sentence is filler)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
When they said that I legit had a moment of "Wait, you already covered that, right?" and according to the list: no!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

secretly best girl posted:

When they said that I legit had a moment of "Wait, you already covered that, right?" and according to the list: no!

Hell, same. I could have sworn I listened to it in the past.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Yeah, they must have done an extended riff on it at one point, I had the same reaction, but Steve's "I've never seen it" is why I had to check.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Angry_Ed posted:

Hell, same. I could have sworn I listened to it in the past.

Same, my guess is I probably listened to an episode from The Flophouse, back when I used to listen to them :negative:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm shocked they've never done it. That drat running gag made its way into my lexicon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It seems like the kind of thing I would've seen in theaters, but I have no memory of it. Maybe I'll start watching it before the episode and realize I actually have seen it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

First time RIPD was mentioned was the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer episode (E175), October 2014.

I was there day one for RIPD because there was nothing else going on that day and I needed to see something.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What's the first appearance of the Hobbit Vomit sound? The whm wiki just lists it as a running joke but no specific page for it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

regulargonzalez posted:

What's the first appearance of the Hobbit Vomit sound? The whm wiki just lists it as a running joke but no specific page for it.

I think it was probably The Fellowship of the Ring episode

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It was definitely Fellowship, and I don't like that sound. It's a bad sound.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

INTERGANG

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

AND A GOOD INTERGANG TO YOU, MY GOOD INTERGANG

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

regulargonzalez posted:

Iron Crowned posted:

I think it was probably The Fellowship of the Ring episode

yep definitely the Fellowship episode.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

regulargonzalez posted:

Steve doing an impression of Beetlejuice vomiting on howard stern

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Adam episode is very good.

edit: FOR AN INTERGANG

explosivo fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 1, 2023

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

Black Adam episode is very good.

edit: FOR AN INTERGANG

I was trying to decide if I should watch the movie before listening, but I'm not sure I want to put myself through that. It looks like such a nothing of a movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrawn527 posted:

I was trying to decide if I should watch the movie before listening, but I'm not sure I want to put myself through that. It looks like such a nothing of a movie.
It is. Don't do it. I did and I got nothing out of it. The episode was pretty good but the movie isn't even a seeing is believing situation.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Can't wait to listen to the Black Adam episode. It's a worse movie than Morbius, imo. That was at least bizarrely entertaining, this is....drywall.

Agreed - Morbius at least had shirtless vampire Matt Smith doing a goofy dance, Black Adam is just dull as dirt.

Made for a great WHM episode, though!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's... kind of worth watching the first 10 minutes as a see-to-believe to see how ill advised it is to drop like 6 comic book Proper Nouns all at once. Get to the first needle drop, laugh out loud, then turn it off.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Black Adam has been sitting on my HBO watch list since it first became available there, on the off chance i get drunk and want to watch something stupid, but then i realize there is like 100 years of movies that are good that I have not seen or at least better trash so i get drunk and watch 9 to 5 or The Faculty.

edit: As someone doing rewatch of X-Files and is in the middle of season 8, Robert Patrick kind of rules in The Faculty.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 1, 2023

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Faculty should be a WLM. It's every terrible 90's teen movie run together but good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I haven't seen The Faculty since I saw it in the theater way back when, but I remember loving loving it back then.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh snap, I love that movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Faculty rules

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Skeleton league + Intergang collab when

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

INTERGANG ONLY COLLABS WITH INTERGANG

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
God, at least a Skeleton League wedding knows how to have fun. Intergang weddings are just the worst.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Look, i know the guys are all into bashing Marvel, but that is no way to name the next phase of their movies....

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

enigmahfc posted:

Look, i know the guys are all into bashing Marvel, but that is no way to name the next phase of their movies....

Finally, Ant-Man goes up someone's butt

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Oscar Om nom nom nom

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thanos suffering from the infinity stone of vindaloo

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the infinity stones cause constipation.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Deleter posted:

Thanos suffering from the infinity stone of vindaloo

You ate at an Indian restaurant? *snaps* There ya go! They cook with *ghee*. That's clarified butter. You get a rancid hit'a that and whuff, you can imagine.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

You ate at an Indian restaurant? *snaps* There ya go! They cook with *ghee*. That's clarified butter. You get a rancid hit'a that and whuff, you can imagine.

Fuckin Artie!!!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Ground Round really did a number on Andrew.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mweber posted:

The Ground Round really did a number on Andrew.

I just got past that part and what the gently caress :psyduck:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

explosivo posted:

I just got past that part and what the gently caress :psyduck:

I actually had to pause at that bit. I know America is hosed up but how the gently caress is that acceptable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

I actually had to pause at that bit. I know America is hosed up but how the gently caress is that acceptable?

Ground Round is also a restaurant chain that declared bankruptcy and shut down all operations while customers were still in the middle of their meals.