Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1620512519772340231

Why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Make it part of the young sheldon universe

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dexter Babies

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A) lol

B) I thought it wasn't Showtime anymore :confused:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A high school just filled with teen versions of all the people he killed throughout the series.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Having rewatched dexter recently the first few seasons are really good.

Lol @ this garbo though

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Only if it stars Michael C. Hall in his "young dexter" wig.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I've never seen that show and I'm not really curious about it, but isn't it about a guy who starts a serial killing and is really good at that?
So either this prequel is about some slight psychopathic person, who hasn't really done anything big yet, or they retroactively make him a murderer way earlier.

On more positive serial murderer talk: You is comm8ng back soon.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

I've never seen that show and I'm not really curious about it, but isn't it about a guy who starts a serial killing and is really good at that?
So either this prequel is about some slight psychopathic person, who hasn't really done anything big yet, or they retroactively make him a murderer way earlier.

On more positive serial murderer talk: You is comm8ng back soon.

It's about a guy who's been a sociopath forever and his dad convinced him to only serial kill bad guys. I think he was a teen for his first kill tho, so either it's going to be "Teen Dexter" or about a kid that tortures dogs

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Well, the second version is certainly a character archetype I haven't seen as the protagonist on tv all that much.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This is a terrible idea. I can't wait for the forums thread on it. Those have always been amazing. Some all time greats.

Medullah posted:

Only if it stars Michael C. Hall in his "young dexter" wig.

See? Already giving us the good stuff.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Young Dexter x Young Sheldon crossover is gonna be 🔥🔥🔥

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Arist posted:

How does Young Rock fit in?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

The twist is that Young Dexter and Young Sheldon secretly switched places and no one noticed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I knew it. I knew there had to be some karmic backlash for that last Dexter miniseries being so good.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

I knew it. I knew there had to be some karmic backlash for that last Dexter miniseries being so good.

Speaking of which, why not just do a Harrison spin-off?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

secretly best girl posted:

I think "so good" is overselling it. It was pretty good for most of it, and ended kind of stupid. Which is miles better than the final season of regular Dexter, granted. But that's a low bar.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Look, it was good enough that I actually recommended it to people and they didn't get mad at me, so I consider that solid enough.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

New Blood got us to subscribe to Showtime for a month to watch it, which let us watch Yellowjackets, so it was definitely overall a positive in my book!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/stevedildarian/status/1620552815759478784
Yes

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, Warner Bros Discovery is chasing FAST while Comcast decides, uhhh, maybe not.

https://www.engadget.com/peacock-stops-offering-its-free-tier-to-new-subscribers-195856662.html

They are nixing the free tier.

quote:

The free tier still exists but is only available to current users who cancel their Premium subscription or those who had access to one of the paid tiers for free — for example, Cox internet customers.

I'm not clear on if that means on CURRENT subscribers can access the free tier if they cancel or if it means anyone who has a paid sub can access free afterwards.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/james-gunn-unveils-dc-slate-batman-superman-1235314176/

Discovery's putting a lot of money on doing a Disney Marvel ripoff, but I can't imagine that superheroes are still going to have the cultural dominance that they currently hold in half a decade from now.

Also lmfao, a Green Lantern show except it's set on Earth and is styled after True Detective is going to get a lot of people mad. I don't care one way or the other, but I don't think that's the popular appeal of the character.

Wonder Woman, but it's also Game Of Thrones!

Give it a few years, we'll have "Batman but Severance!" as well.

Edit: In other news, Amazon's adaptation of The Power is finally coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1TJngN90w

Lowkey suspect it won't get renewed because it's taken so long to come out / all the expensive reshoots / Amazon seems to be struggling with it's YA female focused shows and might be getting out of that programming line. I dunno if they'll actually end up adapting the book either tbh, this ad suggests mayyybe but the tone seems a bit off. Seems more like they wanted a girl power version of The Boys.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 1, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/kendallbaker/status/1620525272297771008

RIP college kids

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Or, you know, people who only watch Netflix on their phone on the go and never log into it when they're at home on wifi.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's going to be hard to claim every new show is the most watched premiere ever now.

But they still will.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh good, now I can cancel netflix since I can't watch it at work over lunch or at the girlfriends, or at my folks place in Florida when I visit.

gently caress em.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Arist posted:

RIP college kids

RIP Netflix

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
they're lucky if people log in every 31 days on any network

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

All my poo poo is running through Nord so they can eat my rear end.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Comcast has a FAST, though

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol at opening up HBO Max and seeing a Linda Ronstadt thing in the trending section.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

For real, I am also thinking about the people in my parents neighborhood which is like 40% snowbirds and almost all of them have Netflix. Good luck talking them into buying two subscriptions or walking a 90 year old on the phone how to "unblock" their TV.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CBS has ordered a pilot for a reboot of Matlock, starring Kathy Bates.

Um. Okay.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That sounds hilarious :allears:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Timby posted:

Um. Okay.

I'm good with this.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

RIP the customer service department getting 3000% more work and a cut budget.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Timby posted:

Um. Okay.

and a new Good Wife spinoff featuring Elsbeth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Azhais posted:

and a new Good Wife spinoff featuring Elsbeth

Hell yeah, that's going to own. steering right into the weird.

Oh it's going to be a Poker Face as well
https://twitter.com/RKing618/status/1620625253188923392

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ugh, Elsbeth is great in small doses but that quirkiness wears really thin after multiple episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I think "so good" is overselling it. It was pretty good for most of it, and ended kind of stupid. Which is miles better than the final season of regular Dexter, granted. But that's a low bar.

No idea what y'all are talking about, it was a hilarious at times because of how clownishly bad and hackneyed it was, same way the shittiest of Dexter was, and the miniseries is more shittiest Dexter.