Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

funny seeing everyone in and around the chief's orbit show just how gotten to they really were by the 3-0 poo poo now that they finally won one in return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I feel like the Chiefs were really playing with a chip on their shoulder. I also think the mayor of Cincinnati is dumb as gently caress and probably should've kept his loving mouth shut with his dumb gently caress "proclamations". That clearly got under the skin of at least Travis Kelce who mentioned it no less than 3 times after the game was over.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Rookie contributions in a big AFCCG

- Pacheco: almost 100 yards from scrimmage, a few big first downs
- Jaylen Watson: day 3 rookie picks off Burrow
- Joshua Williams: day 3 rookie who also picks off burrow
- Bryan Cook: tips the ball that becomes Williams pick
- Karlaftis: Sacked burrow once, got some other pressures
- Skyy Moore: biggest punt return in Chiefs franchise history

Not too bad. All played a ton of snaps too with all the key injuries

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The337th posted:

funny seeing everyone in and around the chief's orbit show just how gotten to they really were by the 3-0 poo poo now that they finally won one in return

We are finally accepting that the Chiefs are good but there’s about 3 decades of finding ways to gently caress up spectacularly that leads to some weird PTSD.

I had a group text last night when it was 13-6 who were basically saying Chiefs were hosed and were going to lose over and over. It just is what it is.

That said, I think most people are just happy they’re going to the Super Bowl and don’t have to listen to the home alone kid drop sound bites.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Rookie contributions in a big AFCCG

- Pacheco: almost 100 yards from scrimmage, a few big first downs
- Jaylen Watson: day 3 rookie picks off Burrow
- Joshua Williams: day 3 rookie who also picks off burrow
- Bryan Cook: tips the ball that becomes Williams pick
- Karlaftis: Sacked burrow once, got some other pressures
- Skyy Moore: biggest punt return in Chiefs franchise history

Not too bad. All played a ton of snaps too with all the key injuries

Don't forget that McDuffie was EVERYWHERE

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

What was it about being in three of the most recent four Super Bowls, every AFCCG in that span, making the playoffs for the last eight years straight, winning the AFC West the last six straight, and winning it all in 2020 made you entertain the idea this rag-tag group of underdogs from Missouri might be “good”?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/firsttake/status/1620088842584834050?s=46&t=lN_h5ZTDXPtepldzSzFnyQ

Dan Ooooooooohhh nooooooo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm happy with the Kellen Moore hire

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I'm happy with the Kellen Moore hire

I'd like to make fun of you here because of the lateral play, but I really do think Kellen Moore is pretty good and will work well with Herbert.

Less of a running game to work with in theory, but he'll probably figure it out. I suppose the question is how down and out was he to take the job or how confident he is Staley's gonna stick around?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was kind of amazing that they didn't mention Tyreek Hill once. Mahomes without his top three wide receivers, playing on one leg and Hill watching at home.

Someone on twitter is probably thinking up a "MVS is carrying Mahomes" hot take as we speak.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
MVS did have a surprisingly good game. Hope our receivers can get healthy. I went into the game with 10% hope of a win, happy Joe Cool will be watching the super bowl from his couch.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

that touchdown pass to MVS was *chefs kiss*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Green Bay fans at the beginning of the season couldn't stop saying how much MVS sucked.

I mean they were right but still

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He showed up.

Hard to believe he gets cut next season. Cap going up almost 20M and receivers aren't cheap. He's on a fairly friendly deal, although who knows with Burt Vinch at the helm

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if there are people out there who have no idea who Bort Vortch is because we all spell his name different every time we write it

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I'm sorry I doubted you, MVS

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
^^^^^^^^

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Brent Vetch lived one neighborhood over from me when I lived in Lees Summit.

He also lived one neighborhood over from Lowtax.

He used to spend a lot of time outside washing his truck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Brat Fetch is a goon

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Broncos Country, Let’s Trade!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:woop:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Continuing our win-now mentality with an average roster and no draft capital

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Sean Payton is gonna be here for years, don't worry. Wal Mart and Condi Rice aren't known for short attention spans............................................. :suicide:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The roster is fine. We needed a coach and a QB. We found the former and if he can fix Russ, we’re a playoff team.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I feel sooooooooo good right now. Is the nightmare over?!? Time will tell but drat it feels good right now.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Thrilled that Payton works with Russ instead of JHerbo (sorry Ross)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I feel sooooooooo good right now. Is the nightmare over?!? Time will tell but drat it feels good right now.

I'm actually optimistic about the team for the first time since we traded for Russ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes' bounty is going to break records

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sigh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Mahomes' bounty is going to break records

Thank God Denver now gets all the bounty jokes and the endless Dallas speculation.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

:laugh: the amount of poo poo Denver has thrown against the wall to maybe go full circle to 7-10

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hearing we might be wearing all whites at the SB

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

:laugh: the amount of poo poo Denver has thrown against the wall to maybe go full circle to 7-10

Sounds like an improvement, imho

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't even need a winning record- just gimme a team that isnt absolutely infuriating or sleep inducing to watch. I'm here to be entertained

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
The last time a coach I adore left a team I love, I ended up a Chiefs fan. I think there's a non-zero chance that my boy Payton taking the job in Denver ends up with me cheering for Orange Hors as like my fourth team. (I also think there's a non-zero chance that Payton just took this job to collect the 000s, and that he's going to sleep-walk through until they fire him for it lol.)

dingo with a joint fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 1, 2023

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Gramps posted:

I don't even need a winning record- just gimme a team that isnt absolutely infuriating or sleep inducing to watch. I'm here to be entertained

This. I just want the Broncos to be watchable again.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Thread title back in play for 2023!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm not too optimistic about this year - the roster is depleted of draft capital, the defense will regress without Evero, and it's hard to imagine what they can do for the o-line and d-line without a pick until the third round. A decent offense and stealing a game from the Chiefs is a win, even if they can't punch past Herbert and Mahomes into the playoffs.

But long term, the key to the hire is that Payton will have more power in the organization than Wilson - the fact that they traded picks only increases this. I suspect for at least last year, and possibly some of the time in Seattle, Wilson had the leverage to kind of do his own thing because the OC would take the blame for any failures. And Hackett was explicit over the summer about letting him help design the offense, and it turned out like The Homer. Now, it might take a couple years, but if the offense keeps struggling, Wilson will leave and Payton will stay, and everyone knows it.

The thing I'll be watching for is, will Wilson get to keep his personal QB coach.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

The chargers coach don't seem all that smart so there's a good chance the broncos will leapfrog them even if russ cooks nothing but TV dinners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao so do we now know why Carr wasn’t allowed to pursue a trade all of a sudden?