Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Speaking of Cat Turd, this rear end in a top hat has more than one billionaire at his beck and call:

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1620117357577519104?s=20&t=x8JCZoPcbH2xs7wC2PWVyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
do you think if we shipped all these assholes out to an island in the middle of the Pacific they'd be happy there?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Only if they're provided with a servant class to treat like poo poo.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Odysseus tied to the mast as his ship sails past catturd2.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://twitter.com/KeithMontalbo/status/1620386935603859460?s=20&t=oKzCQw49pn8ii1hkbkFLNg

If true, what????? But why?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'll put them back if you buy :eightbux:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

DeeplyConcerned posted:

do you think if we shipped all these assholes out to an island in the middle of the Pacific they'd be happy there?

Then nuke it with the rest of the world's arsenal, yes.

goatface posted:

They'll put them back if you buy :eightbux:

DM for paying customers only? It'll never work.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

I know that it will never happen, but I keep waiting for Elon to just snap and reply back to one of these whiny little tweets with "You're not being shadowbanned by evil liberal AI, you're not getting boosted by the algorithm because YOU'RE loving BORING!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

:qq: Al Gore Rhythms :qq:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I'm going to assume the feature started to massively fail, they couldn't prevent it so they removed it and they're just pretending it was intentional.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
What's in the 11 secret herbs and spices KFC?!? We demand to know!!! Also, I live inside your restaurant and shovel KFC into my mouth all day

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mal-3 posted:

I know that it will never happen, but I keep waiting for Elon to just snap and reply back to one of these whiny little tweets with "You're not being shadowbanned by evil liberal AI, you're not getting boosted by the algorithm because YOU'RE loving BORING!"

As though Elon believes or understands that

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Having lost access to the rest of us, they'd take turns playing the role of customer service employees and evil leftists. There'd be a whole economy built around taking turns complaining and being complained at. In seedy underground clubs, aggrievement-workers would dye their hair strange colors with berry juice and pantomime shadow banning accounts while sneering non-binarily in exchange for food and shiny stones, etc.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I never get tired of watching chuds melt down over this, it's the only thing twitter is good for anymore

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Deaths would occur immediately, spike around the 5-day mark and continue for approximately five weeks.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Battery Fyre Festival

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

gschmidl posted:

Battery Fyre Festival

we need to call ja rule. only he can save us

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

So if DMs are broken, I guess elon's plan to let any user DM a celebrity isn't happening

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

if they charged just 1$ per DM they could raise approximately 7.4 billion a month in extra revenue. bullish

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kazil posted:

So if DMs are broken, I guess elon's plan to let any user DM a celebrity isn't happening

How will the women of the world get unsolicited dick pics now? :smith:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

its just a dollar lmao what are you, poor?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ben shapino posted:

if they charged just 1$ per DM they could raise approximately 7.4 billion a month in extra revenue. bullish

$1 to send and $1 to receive. Bam. Just doubled your income

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Data Graham posted:

As though Elon believes or understands that

I know, I know. That's part of the reason it'd never happen.

(The other part is that Elon is also incredibly loving boring, which is why he gets along so well with his fellow reply guys.)

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Azhais posted:

How will the women of the world get unsolicited dick pics now? :smith:

Gonna have to bust out the Xerox and forever stamps for this one

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Reading Grimes DMS with Chelsea and assorted other people must have finally broken him.

"No DMS anymore, they only hurt me! No DMS for anyone!!!"

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Mozi posted:

conspiracies happen when someone fucks up and tries to cover it up, not out of some grand intricate plan to control the world

I forget what or who I am paraphrasing, but, the world doesn't change substantially because a bunch of shadowy people convened in a hidden alcove and made a pact

a bunch of shadowy people convened in a hidden alcove and made a pact because the world is changing and they don't like it and would prefer it didn't

i tend to have a hard time with conspiracies that would require more than about a dozen people to keep their mouths shut, and a dozen is pushing it. For instance, if your moon "theory" requires all of NASA to be on the take, it's probably bullshit

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Elon paid $44b to read his exs' DMs, and now that he's (finally) finished, he's turned the feature off so he doesn't have to read any additional content.

How long until he starts adding "Le" to the beginning of absofuckinglutely everything like a mid-to-late 10s channer?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Obsidianheart posted:

Elon paid $44b to read his exs' DMs, and now that he's (finally) finished, he's turned the feature off so he doesn't have to read any additional content.

How long until he starts adding "Le" to the beginning of absofuckinglutely everything like a mid-to-late 10s channer?

le concerning

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So far it still exists on my phone. But if they are doing it I'm sure it is the correct step forward to making twitter an everything super app like musk once claimed was his goal until he shifted his ambitions to being the worst poster on the platform

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Obsidianheart posted:

i thought that came from reddit

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DeeplyConcerned posted:

wait I think I saw this movie

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

kazil posted:

:qq: Al Gore Rhythms :qq:

Looking into this.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

So far it still exists on my phone. But if they are doing it I'm sure it is the correct step forward to making twitter an everything super app like musk once claimed was his goal until he shifted his ambitions to being the worst poster on the platform

update the app and let us know what happens, send me a DM about it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol now Elon's responding to Ian Miles Cheong whining about being suppressed

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Earwicker posted:

I thought it started with Pepe Lepew

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I thought it was “but I am le tired” from that end of the world cartoon that’s like 20 years old.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Speaking of Cat Turd, this rear end in a top hat has more than one billionaire at his beck and call:

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1620117357577519104?s=20&t=x8JCZoPcbH2xs7wC2PWVyg

If I had a nickle for every virulently transphobic billionaire who became a replyguy to a random crypto shitposter retiree from Florida, I'd have two nickles... which isn't a lot, but gently caress me that's happened twice now, right?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

shame on an IGA posted:

wait I think I saw this movie

luv bob the angry flower. he's my favorite mutual on twitter.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dr_rat posted:

You know what, if we were given a choice I think I'd choose the 17 internet explore tool bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Earwicker posted:

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought it was “but I am le tired” from that end of the world cartoon that’s like 20 years old.

All I really know is it was from those stupid rage comics that were the hot meme poo poo for a while, and I always thought those were a 4chan thing.

EDIT: I guess I was off on the time frame, it was the early 10s.