Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6991185776037891333

Edit: this is some control Devil poo poo:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7166784606740565291

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Aquarium... Spear?!

DENJI SPINAL CORD SWORD

Ran out of chapters this is bullshit

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 1, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I love Asa's expressions, they perfectly capture the shitshow that is her life right now.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

strugglin’

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

MorningMoon posted:

Aquarium... Spear?!

DENJI SPINAL CORD SWORD

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015269

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015506

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015504

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I had read up to 119 on the app, thanks tho.

Glad I caught up on the literal day Nayuta showed up again. Didn't have to wait any time lol

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Fivemarks posted:

https://twitter.com/Void_Dot_Exe/status/1615801600232296448?s=20 This is really close to what we actually got and thats rad

Ah look at Denji putting his hand on her head! So cute!

Denji: "NAYUTA SPINAL COLUMN SWORD!"

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 1, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Okay morning moon is caught up, no more spoiler tags!

Because Nayuta fired her chain at Asa’s head and not her heart, I’m guessing it means she sees Yoru and is going to yank him/her out

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I mean, Yoru is a thief for stealing Asa's body.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Steve Yun posted:

Because Nayuta fired her chain at Asa’s head and not her heart, I’m guessing it means she sees Yoru and is going to yank him/her out

Nayuta hating Yoru but being totally cool with Asa would be an interesting twist.

Turns out she has no issue with her brother/roommate dating, she just doesn't want any body snatching devils making schemes and being weird in her apartment.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There's been like loving two straight months of chapters where man whatever happens next could be amazing. That's a good run of tension.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I (17F) visited my sorta-boyfriend’s (17M) apartment for a mummy movie date. We started making out, then his sorta-sister / sorta-friend roommate (??F) came in and shot me in the head with some kind of chain. What does this mean?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Elite posted:

I (17F) visited my sorta-boyfriend’s (17M) apartment for a mummy movie date. We started making out, then his sorta-sister / sorta-friend roommate (??F) came in and shot me in the head with some kind of chain. What does this mean?

It means you're a thief.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Also keep in mind that this is technically a family reunion between Nayuta and Yoru given they're both Horsemen.

We've already seen what Yoru thinks about Fami, I can only imagine the relationship with Makima/Nayuta.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I hope War dunks on Control for getting killed and reborn as Fujimoto's kid sister.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I feel like this could go a lot of directions.

It sorta depends on how much information Nayuta retained as the Control Devil, like does she recognize War? Does she still want to destroy war, death, hunger, etc? (Kinda think not on this one, given the arrangement with Denji and such)

I'm also not sure if the control chain is necessarily lethal, like it probably is, I don't recall anyone coming back from being directly controlled that couldn't also revive with some blood and even then I'm probably misremembering and she just held on to some devils. Asa is a unique case too, like it's probably a safe bet that she can revive from blood, but she's not really a fiend, she's not like Denji, she's basically a dissociative identity fiend at best based on current knowledge.

At any rate they'll have to address Nayuta's deal with Asa if she's not dead, temporarily or otherwise, so that'll probably get things moving, especially if War recognizes Control.

Somehow regardless of what happens Denji still won't be revealed as Chainsaw Man because that'd be funny.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

new thread title imo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

what if Nayuta is able to control Yoru with the chain, but Asa is able to control the body regardless

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

MorningMoon posted:

what if Nayuta is able to control Yoru with the chain, but Asa is able to control the body regardless

Nayuta walking to the park with 7 dogs and Asa on a chain

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
What if chainsaw man but 50 pochitas

https://twitter.com/NezukoSocial/status/1620476410145148928?cxt=HHwWgMDQmbOti_0sAAAA

Also this feels pretty in character

https://twitter.com/Avafaid/status/1620182432594149378?cxt=HHwWhIDS4dPVhfwsAAAA

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

apparently the word nyauta used can also be translated as homewrecker

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Very cool how devils powers are interpreted

The conquest horseman; when I think of conquest I think of wars and colonization but instead is interpreted as coercion and manipulation

Darkness’ power is interpreted as fear of the unknown, so it does weird inscrutable things

Maybe because chainsaws don’t just cut, they also eat away material, Pochita can eat devils and erase them.

I’ve been nursing a fan theory that eventually we’ll find out that Pochita isn’t actually powered by the fear of chainsaws but the fear of extinction and is actually a primal fear. Erasing things from history just seems way too powerful for a regular Devil

Very curious to see how Famine’s power is interpreted.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve been nursing a fan theory that eventually we’ll find out that Pochita isn’t actually powered by the fear of chainsaws but the fear of extinction and is actually a primal fear. Erasing things from history just seems way too powerful for a regular Devil

We get in the comic that Chainsaw Man's power is mostly fueled by demons fear of him not humans so his power level is only kinda related to fear of chainsaws anyways.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
An explosion of huskies

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Sam Sanskrit posted:

We get in the comic that Chainsaw Man's power is mostly fueled by demons fear of him not humans so his power level is only kinda related to fear of chainsaws anyways.

Yeah not so much a fan theory, maybe more of a daydream

I think they mentioned that human fear of him also powers him to an extent, they say when people start hero worshipping him he supposedly gets weaker? But I haven’t seen that limit him in his fights so who knows

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 1, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I like that even in the human world his arrival still significantly imperils those in need of saving.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Yoru really wants that sword, but also, why did she take so long if that was her plan? Nonetheless, I believe all of Denji's kisses, so far, have transitioned into some episode of discord shortly after the kiss begins.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Flair posted:

Yoru really wants that sword, but also, why did she take so long if that was her plan? Nonetheless, I believe all of Denji's kisses, so far, have transitioned into some episode of discord shortly after the kiss begins.

Because, thanks to sharing Asa's brain, she wants the other sword, too. Means she's more likely to savor the moment.

Also, about Nayuta's plant.

Seen speculation that, because it's an Aloe, she's actually overwatering it. Meanwhile, Denji's is fine because he's doing the bare minimum.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Interesting theorizing that Asa’s tripping is some sort of subconscious self-sabotage to avoid feeling like she’s in control and therefore avoid responsibility for her unhappiness

The Control Devil having a new context as her nemesis would be really fun to ponder over

Too early to say this is what’s going on but it’s compelling enough to keep tabs on

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChainsawMa...utm_name=iossmf

I’m reminded of her last moments before she got killed and realized people were jealous of her and she could have been happy all this time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Oof.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Don't worry, Aki got revenge on them in their next snowball fight. Well, on Denji at least. Power ran away as usual.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hmm Japanese fans are refusing to buy the chainsaw man season 1 Blu-ray because they don’t like the show’s direction? What?

They’re even teasing the director on twitter with 1735 memes (the number of units they sold)

People really upset that Makima’s butt is smaller

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If they don't like it why should they buy it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also makima is a white woman of course she's got no rear end

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Stairmaster posted:

Also makima is a white woman of course she's got no rear end

Post/username combo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm Japanese fans are refusing to buy the chainsaw man season 1 Blu-ray because they don’t like the show’s direction? What?

They’re even teasing the director on twitter with 1735 memes (the number of units they sold)

People really upset that Makima’s butt is smaller

What was reported, but I don't know if it was accurate, is that people were complaining about it feeling too western in terms of style and animation.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
The manga feels like it’s drawn some of its inspiration from western cinema. Fujimoto himself has said as much. I don’t feel like it’s untrue to the source material to stay within that style.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

There was a conscious decision (that the director explained in detail) to make it look more like a movie instead of looking like an anime, which people generally weren’t thrilled about.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I think those people are lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
It looks really good? Like, not perfect, I think the colors could be a little more lush, but the art direction feels really consistant

My only complaint is that I wish they had made Makima look a little more bloody and sinister after she was shot and she was standing behind the guy, but the tension and pacing of all those scenes felt good

I hope the low DVD sales doesn't affect the next seasons. There is SO MUCH from this manga that needs to be animated