Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
A shame, I really wanted to watch Brady suck rear end for another season.

E- best snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'll believe it if he's not on a roster in October

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he'll be back when it isn't enough to bring giselle back

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone hear “I’ve got you Babe” on a radio somewhere?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brady don't retire, coward.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/ahmaad___/status/1620584871885414400?s=46&t=RQqE75H3PdgnVBP9Krz6gA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Brady’s last act in professional football was to so totally gently caress over Josh McDaniels. Bravo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady’s last act in professional football was to so totally gently caress over Josh McDaniels. Bravo.

Actually it was to lose his family to have his first ever losing season and her embarrassed by the postseason Cowboys.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm sad to see Tom go. The best to ever do it.

Now you guys need a new villain.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You are now allowed to count out Touchdown Tom

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fsif posted:

Actually it was to lose his family to have his first ever losing season and her embarrassed by the postseason Cowboys.

Yeah the last game was unfortunate but you can get another family hopefully a wife who isn’t sleeping with the ju-jitsu instructor (that happened).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Rodgers

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Tom Brady got divorced so he could get tackled by 300 lb defensive linemen just to retire at the end of the season lol nice job bud

I'm officially counting out Touchdown Tom

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wandler20 posted:

Agreed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brady retiring means Rodgers is definitely coming back for one more season at least. Rodgers does not want to go into the Hall the same year as Brady.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Brady retiring means Rodgers is definitely coming back for one more season at least. Rodgers does not want to go into the Hall the same year as Brady.

I totally believe the theory that at least part of why Brady didn’t want to go out last year was so he didn’t have to deal with the 95% Steelers crowd in 5 years.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

edit: wrong thread

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean this all assumes Brady gets in on the first ballot.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm just glad Tom Brady played long enough for Joe Borrow to kick his rear end.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m bummed. A lot. Not gonna suddenly backtrack and say I think it’s the right idea after spending a month saying I want him to stay pad on a stacked team. But I can at least say that this was a better way to bow out than most. No “will he won’t he” no pomp. Just a blunt video message not some big production or the fake retirement last year when he was just trying to be traded until the Bucs owner called his bluff which was just embarrassing.

But well everything must end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHjnuWkYT68

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvXm5HuR72k&t=34s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quit at the end of his only losing season ever. Coward

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I bet mostly this is what I said in the last News thread. Or the one before it. Elite athletes never really go out on top. They go out when they feel like they just can’t really do it anymore. Last year he could have been the MVP, was a play or two from making it to the NFCCG again. Probably wouldn’t be able to deal with walking away while still thinking you’re the best. But after this year where yeah there were flashes but overall things just didn’t look right? Maybe that’s the sign to walk away before it gets far worse fast.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The son of a bitch literally did it all. The second he left New England Belichick just ate poo poo HARD and Brady promptly won a Super Bowl again. 10/10, no notes.

This season Brady broke the 4th quarter comeback and game winning drive records Peyton Manning held, literally the only (good) volume stat records Brady didn't have already locked up in 2021.

As a side note, Favre's interception record is hilariously untouchable lol

code:
Rank	Player	        Int	Years	
1	Brett Favre+	336	1991-2010	
2	George Blanda+	277	1949-1975	

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also lol that he forced Arians out and ruined Byron Leftwich's career in his absurd vanity season.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
His competitive nature won't allow him to hold back.

After 3 months he'll be bored, an opportunity will arise, and Tom Brady will be back to turn all our frowns upside down

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/10piwcz/highlight_jalen_hurts_10_most_improbable/

Here's a Jalen Hurts AJ Brown highlight video.

Jon Robinson needs to explain his thought process on this trade, because it will never make sense

He thinks he can replace good players in the draft easily. He did the same poo poo with the RT he drafted, and his attempt to replace Conklin have been...underwhelming.

He then used those savings to overpay mediocre free agents. There's a reason his rear end got canned.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1620774339267424256

This isn't sticking, he's gonna embarrass himself even worse in 2023.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just republish all the poo poo from last year with updated stats and notes about his divorce and the FTX poo poo

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
It’s a somber day, Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl in 2001 was the divergence point for the bad timeline. We’d be living in a utopia if not for Mo Lewis and the Jets.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1620774339267424256

This isn't sticking, he's gonna embarrass himself even worse in 2023.

2023: XFL
2024: CFL
2025: FAM as a member of Caudillos de Chihuahua handing off to Trent Richardson

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Black Lighter posted:

One way or another, though, there's a non-zero chance that an NFCE team ends Tom Brady's career in the next few weeks. As the NFCE alone is capable of doing.

Called it. Sucks that it had to be the Cowboys, but it was always gonna take an NFC East team to bring us back to the good timeline.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The greatest to ever be.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tacky bitch timed it so he could spend the break before the Super Bowl getting his dick sucked.

Also lmao

https://twitter.com/1pantherplace/status/1620776138472837120?s=46&t=eLgsJyd-6DK44dLexv96sQ

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Quick, someone do the math on a Rodgers for Derek Carr trade

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Tacky bitch timed it so he could spend the break before the Super Bowl getting his dick sucked.

Also lmao

https://twitter.com/1pantherplace/status/1620776138472837120?s=46&t=eLgsJyd-6DK44dLexv96sQ

Was this a thing Rhule said?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He’s retiring because his CBS deal is bigger than any team was going to pay him for next year and he’s dead broke from his crypto failure.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/sn_mlb/status/1620786731422474240

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No Butt Stuff posted:

Was this a thing Rhule said?

I think it's riffing on something Rhule said about Jay-Z taking years to become successful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Surely Bartolo Colon is still in one of those Mexican leagues right