Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

As of 1/30/2023, Nikola Jokic is now averaging a triple double on over 25 ppg/11 rebounds/10 assists. He is now shooting over 63% and is the first player ever with a .700 TS% on over 10 shots per game in a single season (and he averages over 15 shots per game). Of players scoring over 20ppg he is second of all time in 2 point fg% in a season at over 67%, only surpassed by Chamberlain who shot above 68% in 1966-1967

Oh but what's this? Chamberlain shot 44% from free throws that season. Jokic shoots 82.5% from FT and 38.8% from three. And 40% of Jokic's shots are 3-10 feet away from the basket where he shoots nearly 64%!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

what did wilt shoot from 3 though?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

like a Renaissance painting

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Embiid dominated the greatest center of all time and I'm happy for you euph =)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

now this is posting

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
jokic ftmfw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tristeham posted:

jokic ftmfw

ubmp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My most recent basketball opinion stems from the 1990s rivalry between the Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls. As a junior jazz child soldier I just kinda got taught the gospel of Karl "The Mailman" Malone and John "The Next Larry Bird" Stockton. Do I need any updates to my basketball lore?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope the sixers can show up tonight against the magic

the Monday night game was an understandable loss after nets/ nuggets

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

My most recent basketball opinion stems from the 1990s rivalry between the Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls. As a junior jazz child soldier I just kinda got taught the gospel of Karl "The Mailman" Malone and John "The Next Larry Bird" Stockton. Do I need any updates to my basketball lore?

if you like Stockton there is a similar player on Denver

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

In 4 seasons Nikola Jokic has ZERO conference championships, 885 turnovers. He has started 0-1 in 3 of his first 4 playoff games. His teammates hate him. He’s terrible for chemistry. He has no heart no desire to win. he is 16-25 vs teams over 500. Sixers are 22-8 in their last 30 games with Joel Embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the last time jokic and Denver was good (the bubble ) was when Denver had a center

not a coincidence

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

if you like Stockton there is a similar player on Denver

Ah good, the rocky mountainholms still produces b-ball players. I thought the church ball courts were abolished after Charles Barkley performed the chaos dunk for Inside the NBA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the most solemn and religious player today is probably Kyrie Irving if that is what your are after

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes, thank you NBA thread and euphronius. I will read the Wikipedia on K Irving. Ol guy is in town and he likes talking basketball in a metaphorical spiritual character kinda way.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

the last time jokic and Denver was good (the bubble ) was when Denver had a center

not a coincidence

jamal murray is a center?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

KirbyKhan posted:

i have an update for you: there’s a guy who hangs out in bars in shenzhen and tells everyone that he’s karl malones nephew

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you liked Karl Malone there isn’t really anyone like him now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are there any right wing black players right now ?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

are there any right wing black players right now ?

jonathan isaac

edit: MPJ is called MAGA Porter Jr by the fanbase, no idea if he's political at all but he's antivax

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Euph, turns out the sixers get more favorable calls than the celtics (in crunch time at least):

https://sports.yahoo.com/sleepless-...-222212957.html

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Euph, turns out the sixers get more favorable calls than the celtics (in crunch time at least):

been saying this. it’s the only reason i fear the sixers in the playoffs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i think pascal siakam is right handed

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

fart simpson posted:

been saying this. it’s the only reason i fear the sixers in the playoffs

embiid was whining to the media about refs after losing to the magic lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

regular season so I’m not too concerned

I’m glad the refs tho are waking up to their moral responsibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the magic are legit good you don’t have to use scare italicas. yossarian was on them earlier and correct