Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If you ever get Beta or above, perk resets are free. No idea what the cost will be when I drop to the free tier though, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nearly fuckin there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ruggan posted:

If you ever get Beta or above, perk resets are free. No idea what the cost will be when I drop to the free tier though, lol.
it's 5g times the number of times you've reset, capping at 100g.

they're not free if you're paying for beta :agesilaus:

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Nearly fuckin there

I was wondering, “what is the game like when you can just gift stacks of precious OJ all day…” whoa.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Falling behind on Exploration compared to the other skills. Please send any useful items to Big Joey Crabs thank you.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Genericide posted:

Falling behind on Exploration compared to the other skills. Please send any useful items to Big Joey Crabs thank you.

Some oj and onion soup awaits.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

That was a lot of OJ. Thank you!

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.
Has there historically been a Valentine's day event? I'm Exploring 91 and not even half-way to 99. It feels very daunting. Thanks, though, for the frequent goon OJ gifts from MarcusSA and others.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah there should be an event.

Also I’m gonna keep dumping that Oj lol I have so much of it!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Genericide posted:

Sent over some onion soup.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Enjoying the new password history function.

lol typing in "gold"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it allowed me to get the last four passwords i hadn't done

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

What's the best way to create glass bottles: explore Mt Bannon for unpolished shimmerstone -> polished shimmerstone -> glass orb -> bottle or explore Ember Lagoon for glass orb -> bottle? Glass orbs don't seem to drop enough to even though I need twice as many shimmerstone to make glass orbs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Twincityhacker posted:

What's the best way to create glass bottles: explore Mt Bannon for unpolished shimmerstone -> polished shimmerstone -> glass orb -> bottle or explore Ember Lagoon for glass orb -> bottle? Glass orbs don't seem to drop enough to even though I need twice as many shimmerstone to make glass orbs.

I'd do Mt Bannon till you GM the Shimmer then move on to Ember personally

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Don't discount cane pole either, stone + wood + mushrooms to cover a lot of simultaneous other crafting.

You also need the pocket watches much later on so it's never too early to start collecting them.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
For pure number of glass bottles per stamina, I think ember lagoon wins. But yeah the other drops aren't as exciting.

I'm stuck on ATI XVI, I should have seen those dragonflies and grasshoppers coming and upgraded the lemur sooner :doh: if anyone want to send me some, I'd be happy.

NFX fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 1, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol @ not paying attention that I needed 50 cutlass and completely ignoring them in the exchange center.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

NFX posted:

For pure number of glass bottles per stamina, I think ember lagoon wins. But yeah the other drops aren't as exciting.

I'm stuck on ATI XVI, I should have seen those dragonflies and grasshoppers coming and upgraded the lemur sooner :doh: if anyone want to send me some, I'd be happy.

Is your farming name = forums name?

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

koshmar posted:

Is your farming name = forums name?

Yup that's me. The li'l polar bear looks so happy sliding down that small ridge!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Teapots in Borgen’s Shop today, that’s good news.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Referee posted:

I'm burning through so many LC01s to get coins to stock up on as many teapots as possible.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Referee posted:

I am half tempted to to buy the last three I need to futureproof myself.

But at 250AC a pop...

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

Referee posted:

Also in soap shop.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The February theme is awful, but they finally got rid of the "Your Crops are Ready" message when using grape juice.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

koshmar posted:

The February theme is awful, but they finally got rid of the "Your Crops are Ready" message when using grape juice.

Yeah, this is the first seasonal theme I’ve disabled

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
This is the first one I haven't immediately been horrified by and turned off. Probably still will but it's not bad.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

H110Hawk posted:

This is the first one I haven't immediately been horrified by and turned off. Probably still will but it's not bad.

It’s pretty off putting if you’re used to dark mode. I could see it being okay if you’re on light mode. The winter one didn’t bother me, but this was a immediate turn it off.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I swear they set the quests just to give you a dilemma. I need 2000 large nets for one and 500 of 4 types of Glacier Lake fish for another.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

monkeytennis posted:

I swear they set the quests just to give you a dilemma. I need 2000 large nets for one and 500 of 4 types of Glacier Lake fish for another.

The next one wants 4400 Large Nets.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Klungar posted:

The next one wants 4400 Large Nets.

loving lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Now they’re coming for my nets?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Unless I'm somehow missing it, this questline is not seasonal, so probably hold off on at least the 4.4k one until after the VDay Event gets announced.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

NFX posted:

Update: i got all the insects I need, thanks a lot! One grape juice more and I'll have the final cotton and get that tower key.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Hell yeah! Can't wait for all the antlers and fruit.

The T100 quests sure look miserable though

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Grape Juice Waterfall went on sale today, and I snapped it up after running a few masteries to build my gold up. Seven daily loads of instant crops instead of four sounds just fine to me.

My next task is to get enough masteries to get past my current Tower limit, which is L29. Fishing Addict looks like the only merit badge I could possibly attain any time soon, and that looks like utter pain even with Cat's Meow.

On the plus side, once I eke out twelve more honey and polish off A Way Back II, my ever-growing need for honey will tail off for a bit.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

delfin posted:

Grape Juice Waterfall went on sale today, and I snapped it up after running a few masteries to build my gold up. Seven daily loads of instant crops instead of four sounds just fine to me.

Ooof. I just bought that yesterday. = (

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Speaking of grapes, now that the 200 wine/200 GJ quest is a distant memory, what's a more typical ratio for them in trade? I just hit the point where Captain Thomas is becoming a lush.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

delfin posted:

Speaking of grapes, now that the 200 wine/200 GJ quest is a distant memory, what's a more typical ratio for them in trade? I just hit the point where Captain Thomas is becoming a lush.

Let me know when to stop sending you grapes.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

delfin posted:

You can't trade either. You can only trade grapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Unponderable posted:

You can't trade either. You can only trade grapes.

That's what I meant. The Captain wants 185 wine over the next two quests, so... a minor timesink squashing grapes.