Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Having the GOAT retire with us rules so hard. What an awesome few years. Let’s go get Carr now plz. Plzzzzzzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Having the GOAT retire with us rules so hard. What an awesome awful few years two decades.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mmmhhhhmmmm

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

hey!!!!!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tom Brady should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son? They’re little footballs!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Having the GOAT retire with us rules so hard. What an awesome few years. Let’s go get Carr now plz. Plzzzzzzz.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/tampa-bay-buccaneers

I don’t think so, Tim.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

because of*

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1620872808413921280

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Brady used his last satan wish to ruin the career of next Brady, that’s why he’s retiring.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
49ers are just cursed at QB.

The Kaepernick Curse.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

TheBizzness posted:

Brady used his last satan wish to ruin the career of next Brady, that’s why he’s retiring.

Media: Purdy was the last pick in the draft, and look at him now!

Brady: well gently caress this guy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

The Dark One was like what should we give him? And Tom answered I dunno something where he has to deal with Tommy's Johnson

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Has a rookie QB ever started in a Super Bowl, or even a Conference Championship before Purdy? Seems rare for rookie QBs to even make the playoffs to begin with, which makes sense since they're either a high draft pick and thus starting on a flawed team, or they're sitting behind an established vet their rookie year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Ben Roethlisberger went to the AFCCG as a rookie

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Mega64 posted:

Has a rookie QB ever started in a Super Bowl, or even a Conference Championship before Purdy? Seems rare for rookie QBs to even make the playoffs to begin with, which makes sense since they're either a high draft pick and thus starting on a flawed team, or they're sitting behind an established vet their rookie year.

uhhhhhh

Mark Sanchez, bitch

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Shaun King also took the 1999 Bucs to appeared with the 1999 Bucs in the NFCCG.

He lost 11-6 to the Rams, which was a scorigami!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nodoze posted:

I forgot about this because, as probably with everyone else, my lasting memory of that game is Tebow running like 30 yards backwards

Incredibly, these were 2 different games! The Pats absolutely smoked Tebow twice that year. Once near the end of the regular season (28 yard sack) and a month later in the playoffs (Brady punts on 3rd down for the memes).

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kawalimus posted:

I more mean the arm collision reason for it

I had the same thought. Getting your arm hit during a throwing motion isn't common, but it happens frequently enough that I'm surprised Purdy got such a bad injury from what seemed like a routine arm hit. Must have just been right in the sweet spot

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Docjowles posted:

Incredibly, these were 2 different games! The Pats absolutely smoked Tebow twice that year. Once near the end of the regular season (28 yard sack) and a month later in the playoffs (Brady punts on 3rd down for the memes).

Yeah the actual sack was in the other game, but he ran backwards about 25 yards near the end of the game and tried to throw on the run and couldn't get anything on it lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

No rookie QB has even won more than 2 playoff games or appeared in a Super Bowl. As others have mentioned, several have made it to the Conference Championship before Purdy, including Roethlisberger, Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Shaun King, and a couple of Rams QBs nobody remembers from way back (Pat Haden and Dieter Brock, the latter of whom was a 34-year old CFL vet but an NFL rookie).

The obvious common thread with all of them is they played for teams with incredible defenses, often extremely good running games, and in almost every case the QB was generally just asked not to gently caress up for the most part. Ben infamously was only throwing like 20 passes a game in his early years, for example.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just remembered something, anyone auction off Tom Brady’s last balls again?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

If Brock Purdy gets Tommy John surgery he is not coming back to playing professional football in six months.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

If Brock Purdy gets Tommy John surgery he is not coming back to playing professional football in six months.

Sounds purdy bad ....

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Toaster Beef posted:

Delhomme had TJS in October of 2007 and then was the week 1 starter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3068983

posted:

Delhomme's rehabilitation is expected to take seven to nine months. Delhomme has said he's confident he'll be ready for the start of training camp in July.

6 months is on the optimistic end of that spectrum but he could still be ready to play in September if everything goes well

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
This is amazing:

https://twitter.com/ArashMadani/status/1620813739200253953

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

I just googled other QBs who have had it and Jake Delhomme came up. They predicted 7-9 months of recovery for him, and that was like 15 years ago. If he was a baseball player there would be no way but the mechanics of throwing a football are way different. I wouldn't bet against him being at training camp

edit: drat you Nodoze :arghfist:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

I just googled other QBs who have had it and Jake Delhomme came up. They predicted 7-9 months of recovery for him, and that was like 15 years ago. If he was a baseball player there would be no way but the mechanics of throwing a football are way different. I wouldn't bet against him being at training camp

how did jake's career go after that tommy john surgery

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Year after was pretty ok! THEN he fell off a cliff.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
With the effectiveness of modern TJS, the Eagles may have made Brock more powerful than we ever imagined.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Awesome

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rogue Elephant posted:

edit: drat you Nodoze :arghfist:

I always get Jake Delhomme and Jake Plummer mixed up in my head.

Edit: Probably because they came into the league the same year.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Silly Burrito posted:

Just remembered something, anyone auction off Tom Brady’s last balls again?

Id bet Mike Evans didn’t give it away this time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1620899215030521856?t=7CIVtqa8KKr1kcb_rz_X_Q&s=19

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/OfficialAFL/status/1620838843690917888?t=N3pM1M4m5bp__az93cHbmQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/OfficialAFL/status/1620837010905907202?t=dyV7t_3OdsOLfzbkxBqv4w&s=19

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 2, 2023

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I saw the Eagles OL was put on the NFL exempt list, is that an automatic removal from the active list, or is it a tool provided by the NFL to the team to place a player on the inactive list if they so choose?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I saw the Eagles OL was put on the NFL exempt list, is that an automatic removal from the active list, or is it a tool provided by the NFL to the team to place a player on the inactive list if they so choose?

It's basically a tool the league gives teams in extraordinary circumstances--such as this one--so they can fill the roster spot.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
With his retirement, will Tom Brady finally retreat into the gently caress Tomb?!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Awesome link. Palmers an oddly awesome story teller!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Just in time for one of the XFL or USFL to fold, we’re good for bad off-season football substitutes for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002