Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

FractalSandwich posted:

How do Nilou teams deal with the fact that you can't reliably trigger all your reactions with the one character you've stacked EM on, like Hyperbloom and Burgeon? Do you just stack HP on Nilou and rely on any party-wide buffs you can get as your main source of EM? Or are you supposed to somehow scrounge up three full sets of EM gear?

Instructor set gives free EM, plus Nahida's Ult, plus getting hit by a dendro core via Nilou's passive

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Instructor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

Probably quite a bit, since apparently this world runs on predestination (seemingly). I guess our not being in irminsul would explain why she couldn't see anything, assuming her scrying is just reading the future from the tree or whatever. Not sure if the story said irminsul only holds that which has happened, or everything. Plus, it seems like everyone else seems to know an absurd amount about the way the world works, and just could not possibly be bothered to share that knowledge until something's gone to hell.

More ~*deep lore*~ speculation: We know the Akademiya nuts were able to use the Akasha system to accurately predict the movements and decisions of their head campus cop just from feeding in all the data his Akasha terminal had, and the Akasha system seems like it was just a much shittier and more limited version of Irminsul itself. Presumably, if you have Perfect History Of The World, you can extremely accurately predict the future on timescales that matter to mortals. That's probably why Mona's predictions seem to always be perfectly accurate: she's just tapping into Laplace's Demon Tree, and only going as far as single human lifetimes.

The big hinting to me is that either Teyvat is just The Matrix, or Celestia/Heavenly Principals is overlaying a The Matrix overtop of Teyvat and using humans as the favored processing medium for whatever reason (and really pissing off what's left of the vishaps in the process, lol).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FractalSandwich posted:

How do Nilou teams deal with the fact that you can't reliably trigger all your reactions with the one character you've stacked EM on, like Hyperbloom and Burgeon? Do you just stack HP on Nilou and rely on any party-wide buffs you can get as your main source of EM? Or are you supposed to somehow scrounge up three full sets of EM gear?

You really just want to press E three times for her hydro field and then switch away. If I go to my HP% maidens beloved Barbara afterwards(with Nahida's E on the enemy of course), her AA kills things pretty fast somehow, lmfao.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Nilou blooms seem to work like you'd expect - the character that creates the bloom is the one that uses their EM, plus the Nilou ascension buff (+9% damage for every 1k HP above 30k). Nahida at a total of 834% bonus damage hits a wet enemy, does 21.7k bloom damage. Kokomi at 499% bonus damage hits a dendro, does 13k bloom damage. Given how dendro tends to dominate over hydro, you could build EM Kokomi/Barbara and try and exclusively use them as a trigger, but I preferred to run Yelan so I'd have some grouping, and just sort of switch between spamming normals on Nahida and Kokomi depending on what I needed for more blooms.

You could give Nilou an EM sword, and with a few lucky substats and buffs probably hit 500EM pretty easily, so she'd be an ok trigger herself, but I just avoid using her on-field as much as possible, which is a bit disappointing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Reformat posted:

More ~*deep lore*~ speculation: We know the Akademiya nuts were able to use the Akasha system to accurately predict the movements and decisions of their head campus cop just from feeding in all the data his Akasha terminal had, and the Akasha system seems like it was just a much shittier and more limited version of Irminsul itself. Presumably, if you have Perfect History Of The World, you can extremely accurately predict the future on timescales that matter to mortals. That's probably why Mona's predictions seem to always be perfectly accurate: she's just tapping into Laplace's Demon Tree, and only going as far as single human lifetimes.

The big hinting to me is that either Teyvat is just The Matrix, or Celestia/Heavenly Principals is overlaying a The Matrix overtop of Teyvat and using humans as the favored processing medium for whatever reason (and really pissing off what's left of the vishaps in the process, lol).

Ever play Transistor (by the same people who did Bastion) or SOMA?

All pure speculation but since its plot related spoiler tags:
I get the impression Teyvat is a little of both but created by a higher power. So a re-programmable reality that isn't just a computer sim since it's "real but mutable" however also works a bit like one, to an extent. Possibly powered or running on actual magical principles. Also an ark of sorts with people trapped inside it who are better off not knowing both that its an ark, also whatever its an ark running from.

The heavenly principles chick in the intro is basically Clu from the Tron movie. A system administrator who deletes corrupted data and harmful software. Or forbidden knowledge and harmful descenders.

Then again it could just be a Pillar of Eternity situation where The whole world is just running on the principles of ancient machinery created by the long dead which controls life, death & magic and the handful who know the truth and maintain the system are the beings we call gods, who were once regular folks before they got powers by tapping into the machine. Hence the plot to seize heaven.

Super bonus dumb plot idea:
It's just people living in a TARDIS inside a large room configured to look like an entire fantasy world, since time lord timeships can contain whole universes it's actually the equivalent of a long forgotten closet.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 1, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Nilou + Nahida is fantastic but the trouble is so is Nahida + literally anyone and there are enough modes where you can't duplicate characters across teams for this to be a problem

Nilou + Nahida + Yelan + Kokomi is downright lunacy. A small green child does hopscotch as everything explodes. But since its all 5 stars you'd hope so.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm slowly working on Yaoyao in order to pair with Nilou. What does a Nilou Bloom team look like when you don't have Nahida or Kokomi? My current thought is Nilou + Yaoyao + Collei/DMC + Xingqiu.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm slowly working on Yaoyao in order to pair with Nilou. What does a Nilou Bloom team look like when you don't have Nahida or Kokomi? My current thought is Nilou + Yaoyao + Collei/DMC + Xingqiu.

If you lack both nahida & kokomi the team you suggested seems like a reaonable alternative.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

that's basically the ultimate Nilou poverty team and then all of those characters except Yaoyao have 5-star replacements that perform roughly the same role

you could also do Nilou / dendro of your choice x2 / Barbara but i suspect the Yaoyao version is better, although i haven't leveled my Yaoyao yet

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That sounds solid. The only real draw back is, other than blooms, your only real damage dealers are Xingqiu and maybe Nilou. I only took Dendro Traveler's talents to 8 because I could never get good numbers out of them, and Collei isn't that much better.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DancingShade posted:

A small green child does hopscotch as everything explodes.

this is just every Nahida team

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I havent sweated this much in abyss for a year+. good times.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

No Wave posted:

I havent sweated this much in abyss for a year+. good times.

What tripped you up in the new rotation?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

The chicken+scorpion got me pretty good. I thought I could use Kokomi's burst and just mash out attacks to heal the huge amount of damage they had already caused.

It's a good abyss. Just some tough fights, no weird gimmicks or bosses that can decide not to take damage for a while.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Well, I did it twice. The first time I used Tighnari side 1 Haitham side 2 it was fine though much harder than normal due to weird stuff like the bots coming out one by one and the 12-3-2 ladies insta-summoning. The second time was Cyno side 1 (mostly fine but the scorpion + bird are super lethal) and Childe side 2 who died to kenkis over and over (I swear their AI has been upgraded).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 1, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

The chicken+scorpion got me pretty good. I thought I could use Kokomi's burst and just mash out attacks to heal the huge amount of damage they had already caused.

It's a good abyss. Just some tough fights, no weird gimmicks or bosses that can decide not to take damage for a while.

I'm trying the abyss now due to No Waves post, and having anyone who gets hit by the scorpion/bird dead before they hit the floor from juggling is just a big holy crap.

The loving stun locks from their attacks are also brutal. I may have to come up with a new strategy than off-Raiden national (Nahida instead of Xingqiu)

edit: Got it beat, with 28 seconds to spare. It really just came down to not doing anything but waiting for them to attack, and then surviving them with my bursts' invulnerability window. Also grouped them up nicely.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 1, 2023

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I found this cycle pretty easy and one shot everything. My floor 12 teams were Nahida/Raiden/Yelan/XQ and Sucrose/Fischl/Beidou/Yaoyao. Melt Ganyu would have been fine as well but I wanted to use Yaoyao.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Ever play Transistor (by the same people who did Bastion) or SOMA?

All pure speculation but since its plot related spoiler tags:
I get the impression Teyvat is a little of both but created by a higher power. So a re-programmable reality that isn't just a computer sim since it's "real but mutable" however also works a bit like one, to an extent. Possibly powered or running on actual magical principles. Also an ark of sorts with people trapped inside it who are better off not knowing both that its an ark, also whatever its an ark running from.

The heavenly principles chick in the intro is basically Clu from the Tron movie. A system administrator who deletes corrupted data and harmful software. Or forbidden knowledge and harmful descenders.

While I do not expect them to ever say the word "Honkai," I'm still pretty sure that Teyvat is related to Previous Era's Ark and at least part of the deal with Celestia blowing up a bunch of places and the Heavenly Principles locking any visitors in is to not draw Honkai's attention.

I saw a theory a while back that the Primordial One is actually the little painter girl from Honkai grown up with her powers having gotten way stronger, and while I'm not entirely convinced, especially with Teyvat's computer themes, I suppose a reality warper's painting would qualify as an overlay on reality like that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I will never not hate the Golden Wolflord fight

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Captain France posted:

While I do not expect them to ever say the word "Honkai," I'm still pretty sure that Teyvat is related to Previous Era's Ark and at least part of the deal with Celestia blowing up a bunch of places and the Heavenly Principles locking any visitors in is to not draw Honkai's attention.

I saw a theory a while back that the Primordial One is actually the little painter girl from Honkai grown up with her powers having gotten way stronger, and while I'm not entirely convinced, especially with Teyvat's computer themes, I suppose a reality warper's painting would qualify as an overlay on reality like that.

Yeah, I did a bunch of megaposts on this back in the day. The Ark was always a massive plot branch that never was explored* and left open for a massive reveal that obviously was never going to come in Honkai itself given where the plot goes.

There's also the fact that there's indications of early to at worst mid stage Honkai poisoning evident in some of the members of the populace, complete with some of the enemies that have gone a bit loopy (an early sign that you're going to die or if you're in a modern era likely get zombified) having it somewhat hidden on their models.

It seems like Genshin is kind of an alternate take on Honkai Impact's approach to dealing with Honkai. While Honkai Impacts focuses on the idea of fighting the Honkai in all out war (along with the ways that this can work or go horribly wrong for the people in that world, depending on the era) it does seem like Teyvat (itself a word meaning Ark when properly read) is the alternative take to dealing with Honkai's adaptive properties: Namely, to keep the technology level low as possible and die as peasants in the mud so it can lord over you like a shitlord and not outright exterminate you. Of course, as Genshin shows this tends to loving suck for the inhabitants in a variety of ways.

We've already got confirmation in Honkai that the previous era could make simulated worlds (literally data backups of people and even entire simulated worlds) too. Which could presumably mean that it wouldn't be any effort at all to just upload a bunch of people into it and shoot it off into space with the means to produce a civilization on a version of Earth that isn't a massive poo poo show.

However, a big thing with the painter girl theory is that if we go off of visual appearance and demeanor alone the antagonist in the intro is clearly either another Kiana clone, the even more misanthropic girl possessing her body, or maybe even one of this world's versions of Kiana herself. Who is in her void goddess outfit and persona. Which given the whole Herrscher of Void poo poo and how misanthropic and gleefully sadistic and destructive it is generally infers that something went horribly wrong and that the Ark is under hostile occupation of some sort in all likelihood.

* TL;DR When it became obvious that humanity was going to be wiped out they deployed several plans to survive to the modern era. One of them was to send out an "ark". Which weirdly looked nothing like an ark given it's relative size to the planet. It was implied they were some sort of person sized duo or probes or something like that. Said ark also matches the flight design of the twins and the weird spiraling lights in the intro representing them (along with matching the flight patterns of the different color representing the gacha pulls, oddly enough) perfectly.

It's noted by the survivors of the failed war that took place in previous era that the ark just seemingly vanished from reality the second it hit the outermost edges of the solar system, as if something had teleported it away or deleted it from existence. Note that Honkai doesn't go out that far, which is noted as being odd.

Edit: Also, the special glider design from preordering on consoles or whatever gave it is literally the emblem of the Fire Moth's resistance movement that got slaughtered after the previous era lost the war, collapsed into a Machiavellian poo poo show over time, and eventually managed to produce a bunch of survival plans like the Ark. It's lore description also notes the twins being spoken to by a woman that was probably Mei (As in, the Raiden Shogun who rides around in what is essentially a sword and robot duplicate. Her previous era reincarnation/whatever was a scientist.) was probably equipping them to flee the planet and wishing them good luck.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 1, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That's what I'm using, except alhatty instead of collei (mostly to try and figure him out, because he's super unbuilt and a bit too fragile to be comfortable). Works nicely enough, although I'd be happier with someone who had decent physical attacks, seeing mostly 3 digit white numbers makes me sad. For that, I'd probably start nilou's eeee, then once I'm resetting my dendro dudes, e na na na so there's more nice big blue numbers. It's nice to watch nilou dance about while things explode around her, and she's got enough health to not even remotely care.

Tree Reformat posted:

My nonsense theory: We're inside a planet. Hence the 'sky fake' nonsense, and it explains that one guy who's trying to map the horizon or something and doesn't understand why his math is all hosed up. It seems everything's reasonably pre-determined, which is how mona can read the stars; layla also has a line about how they've got star charts mapping out the future (and how incredible the things they say are). Too bad she'll never get permission to show us the cool future charts. That everything is managed also explains silly bullshit like nahida's mouse cursor, so that's nice and tidy. She's basically got admin access, and we're just lucky the god of wisdom isn't inclined to step terribly far outside of just knowing things. That always goes to poo poo in fiction.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait, you're telling me the plot of Genshin and Soma are the same?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Wait, you're telling me the plot of Genshin and Soma are the same?

Simon and Paimon are about as good at putting 2 and 2 together as the other so-

Wait. Simon...Paimon...?! My god, the connections were there from the beginning!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

That everything is managed also explains silly bullshit like nahida's mouse cursor, so that's nice and tidy. She's basically got admin access
A "root user", if you will.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm trying the abyss now due to No Waves post, and having anyone who gets hit by the scorpion/bird dead before they hit the floor from juggling is just a big holy crap.

The loving stun locks from their attacks are also brutal. I may have to come up with a new strategy than off-Raiden national (Nahida instead of Xingqiu)

edit: Got it beat, with 28 seconds to spare. It really just came down to not doing anything but waiting for them to attack, and then surviving them with my bursts' invulnerability window. Also grouped them up nicely.
I've run it a lot at this point. When I run Xingqiu or Zhongli it's fine, when I have no additional stagger resistance it is brutal. I shouldnt be surprised at this point but its pretty amazing the difference Xingqiu makes over Yelan in this chamber.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
There's finally enough Dendros in the game where the Mondstadt weapon domain isn't a pain in the rear end to farm :toot:

Now I can finally level up a bunch of weapons with minimal headache

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

if you run 3 hydro + nahida as the on-fielder it becomes a lot more reliable with nahida as the source of most of the reactions. probably alhaitham works too? idk
2 hydro 2 dendro is gonna be much more awkward though

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
lmao the new event quest lampshades the eternal "does the Traveler wander around with 4 random people he's met at all times, or just imitate their fighting styles?" question

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

lmao the new event quest lampshades the eternal "does the Traveler wander around with 4 random people he's met at all times, or just imitate their fighting styles?" question

Haven't done the event yet, but I wouldn't think the traveler copies them, I'd blame piamon summoning copies using the same handwave of leylines that make spirit memories and Paimon's star cloak and bits of constellations in their shifting space sections of her costume being hints of that. I guess paimon could be transforming the traveller or some weird interaction there too.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
The Traveler pretends to be the people they've met like kids playing make believe, but since they have the power of God and anime no one dares to question their terrible impersonations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MajorBonnet posted:

The Traveler pretends to be the people they've met like kids playing make believe, but since they have the power of God and anime no one dares to question their terrible impersonations.

Absolutely nobody questions the lunatic waving around a spear, two swords, and a floating book. Especially not when they can somehow use them all with weird elemental bullshit.

Unrelated to anything, layla's attack animations look kinda like she's playing tennis.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Layla’s best animation is still “press E to fall asleep”.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I have a bad case of honkai poisoning.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Does Traveller also imagine really hard that Lisa lives in his house? And that he made a library for her? And that they hung out in the library and she talked about inventing fabric softener?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Adams posted:

Does Traveller also imagine really hard that Lisa lives in his house? And that he made a library for her? And that they hung out in the library and she talked about inventing fabric softener?

the traveler is just subjecting paimon to all their messed up schizophrenic hallucinated friendship delusions, and she's just desperately trying to play along with all of them

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tree Reformat posted:

the traveler is just subjecting paimon to all their messed up schizophrenic hallucinated friendship delusions, and she's just desperately trying to play along with all of them

The real reason Paimon is taking the Traveler around to meet the Archons is in hopes that one of them will be the one to take the Traveler down

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Layla’s best animation is still “press E to fall asleep”.

location spoiler, i guess

Layla's quite powerful.

Nice that she can visit a powerful senpai, though. Lambad's tavern, 2nd floor is where Lisa's washed up for day 2, or maybe after you finish the domain the first time? Who knows if they're actually just moving her every day at server reset. Gonna spoil this in case someone's insane enough to want to comb the entire drat map looking for her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The banner rewards containing Inazuma talent materials suck. I have nothing on any of these guys left to raise.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I haven't tried this abyss yet, since I'm still waiting for Yelan to drop, but I thought it might be interesting to check the akasha site and see what the usage rates are atm. Alhaitham/Yaoyao were pretty disappointing before, but I'm pretty sure it might have been because people hadn't had time to raise them. Probably.

First of all, seething, bawling and sobbing, totally apoplectic, etc. that Raiden and Alhaitham knocked the kokofish out of the top 5. It was super funny and I want her back...
Other than that it, looks pretty much as expected I guess. At first I though Raiden was so high because she's technically one of the strongest "dendro" dps units but apparently all the teams are just Rational and Hyper Raiden :effort:

Yaoyao is pretty respectable, Faruzan at 24 while Sucrose is at 2.5 is a crime, Ning flopping from ~10 to nothing is expected but sad, same old stuff. 0.1% Candaces, do your best :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Archonex posted:

Yeah, I did a bunch of megaposts on this back in the day. The Ark was always a massive plot branch that never was explored* and left open for a massive reveal that obviously was never going to come in Honkai itself given where the plot goes.

:words:

However, a big thing with the painter girl theory is that if we go off of visual appearance and demeanor alone the antagonist in the intro is clearly either another Kiana clone, the even more misanthropic girl possessing her body, or maybe even one of this world's versions of Kiana herself. Who is in her void goddess outfit and persona. Which given the whole Herrscher of Void poo poo and how misanthropic and gleefully sadistic and destructive it is generally infers that something went horribly wrong and that the Ark is under hostile occupation of some sort in all likelihood.
:words:

Yeah I vaguely remember those, they're part of what got me interested in Honkai. At this point I probably get more excited about it's story updates than Genshin's, even if it's been going a bit downhill lately. Only read one of the manga, though--and at least in the main game and the Second Key manga (where Su (Doctor Alhaitham) makes Durandal experience his past life), it's really more of a minor plot branch with how little it's explored.

Anyways, no yeah, The Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles looks more like HoV Kiana than Ei looks like Mei. That's a different character, Genshin has a bunch of pretty crazy lore backstory of it's own now, just mostly either hinted at or tucked into books. The Primordial One is from the book the Abyss Order wanted in Enkanomiya, "Before Sun And Moon." Before the Primordial One showed up, the world belonged to the Vishaps and the environment was much more appropriate for them. The Primordial One came from "outside," killed/banished them and basically terraformed the planet for humans before making a bunch of gods and stuff. Got to assume it's generally true because Enkanomiya's god was killed for knowing it and we met one of the smart Vishap survivors in an event.

And if it's true, well, there's basically no way Teyvat is 100% simulation, because why in the hell would you include that? But then there's also still a lot of smulationy stuff--hence the "Adult Griseo is the Primordial One" theory. There's some hints her power is supposed to get stronger, and she can already paint "on top of reality," and come to think of it in her event that I don't know if it's a canon AU or not she even paints some living, breathing beings--presumably the humans of Teyvat come from that Human Genome she brought with her and some cloning stuff I've gotta assume came with, but the gods could be paintings.

So the idea is that Griseo went in the Ark with a bunch of human genetic material (confirmed) and presumably some cloning stuff. Somehow she wound up on Vishap World, where she painted gods to clear out the Vishaps, then presumably painted the "natural world" of Teyvat as we currently see it, for a bunch of cloned up humans to live in. And then I suppose that would make Dark Enkanomiya closer to Teyvat's actual default state.

I'm not sure I buy it because holy gently caress that power creep, but it makes a lot of sense to me and even explains why Teyvat is a fantasy setting.

Zenostein posted:

My nonsense theory: We're inside a planet. Hence the 'sky fake' nonsense, and it explains that one guy who's trying to map the horizon or something and doesn't understand why his math is all hosed up. It seems everything's reasonably pre-determined, which is how mona can read the stars; layla also has a line about how they've got star charts mapping out the future (and how incredible the things they say are). Too bad she'll never get permission to show us the cool future charts. That everything is managed also explains silly bullshit like nahida's mouse cursor, so that's nice and tidy. She's basically got admin access, and we're just lucky the god of wisdom isn't inclined to step terribly far outside of just knowing things. That always goes to poo poo in fiction.

This would also explain why The Abyss, which could be space but also looks a LOT like Honkai's Sea Of Quanta, is "down" instead of "up." It actually is up it's just that the world is upside down.

Also it occurs to me I have no idea how much to spoiler background lore and no idea how much to spoiler speculation based on background lore.