Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sneaky snake delivery!!! Please ignore my frayed brush it is my favorite!!!

I thought it wouldn’t make it to Sweden! It did! And I got the breaky one!!!!! I’m petrified to put it on anything because I’m in love aaaaaa omg

Admittedly whoever wrote KF HQ on the envelope made the K look a bit like L and whew, I don’t need letters from LF HQ. Feel like one from ol uncle ted would be safer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Who are the LF? All I get Googling "LF Sweden" is some bank.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe he means LF , the long lost political sub forum that was cspam before cspam existed. If I remember right they also had a pretty dope TF2 server

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Very glad Dan felt vindicated and has given up on Bray/Uncle Howdy. That his hope for something working out is finally gone.

I do think it's going to be funny in a few weeks with it comes back up again when Uncle Howdy does something even more stupid and outhere. And Dan gets sucked backed in

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The worst thing Alex Jones has ever done to me personally is cause me to think positive things, however briefly, about Piers Morgan.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

teen witch posted:

I thought it wouldn’t make it to Sweden! It did! And I got the breaky one!!!!! I’m petrified to put it on anything because I’m in love aaaaaa omg

I'm slightly jealous of the little breaky. I never posted my full KF button haul:

I was surprised at the first round, with Dan's Greek thing I assumed the cat was Selene, not Celine.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm slightly jealous of the little breaky. I never posted my full KF button haul:

I was surprised at the first round, with Dan's Greek thing I assumed the cat was Selene, not Celine.

Ah but you forgot his French thing.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm kinda curious about something from the past episodes. Past-Alex pronounces 9/11 as "nine-one-one". Is... that a thing people actually did? Granted that I'm not American, but I don't recall ever hearing it said that way before and it hits my ear really weirdly.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

bio347 posted:

I'm kinda curious about something from the past episodes. Past-Alex pronounces 9/11 as "nine-one-one". Is... that a thing people actually did? Granted that I'm not American, but I don't recall ever hearing it said that way before and it hits my ear really weirdly.

I remember some people doing it immediately after, before everyone had settled on a name. But now yeah it's weird.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Yeah I feel like in the immediate aftermath there was less cultural agreement on what "we" as a culture called it. I think had it been any other day, it would have been less of a thing but since 9/11 correlates to our national emergency number, some people was thought "nine-one-one" was significant.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm slightly jealous of the little breaky.

I love my Bachelor Squatch but the one I'm slightly jealous of is Sneaky Snake.

Also in button news I saw someone post a "hail Celine" design to the reddit that I haven't seen before so there might be new buttons in play or that one is just exceedingly rare.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord him trying ape Rush Limbaugh is so blatant in the past episodes. 2 terrible things together. Like making GBS threads on a pile of vomit.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Good lord him trying ape Rush Limbaugh is so blatant in the past episodes. 2 terrible things together. Like making GBS threads on a pile of vomit.

I honestly don't know which is more grating his rush impression or his modern voice

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mauser posted:

I honestly don't know which is more grating his rush impression or his modern voice

The answer is his Bernie Sanders impression.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey y’all

Lol

Lmao

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2023/02/01/infowars-alex-jones-says-he-lives-hell-texts-show

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Mauser posted:

It is absolutely his Rush impression, because I can barely make it through most of the past episodes with how he always pronounces words that start with "b" or "p" like he's Boss Nass from The Phantom Menace.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Was it known before this article that Alex is having an affair?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

coming closer to the current day in my far from comprehensive listen. Didn't seem to find anything about Alex dealing with Steward Rhodes going to jail, or just any sort of consequences that happen to the guests that are on his show. He just seems to ignore them? Am I right, or am i missing any particular episodes here?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

... a liiiiiiiittle sucky for meeeeee...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah that entire sex act is ruined now.

Thanks, Alex.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex being obsessed with the idea that his wife is cheating on him while cheating on her is like classical Greek opera level of irony

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's also another example of him assuming that's how other people will act because that's how he'd act himself and he can't imagine anyone acting otherwise.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Man, not only does "sucky" sound terrible, but it sounds like something a five-year old would call it.

I think JorDan saying that Past Alex was more mature than current-day Alex was on the mark

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

quote:

Bankston sent Hatewatch a statement Wednesday after the texts became public record: “A redacted copy of Mr. Jones’ text messages was included as an exhibit in a recent court filing. Over the past week, on three separate occasions, my law firm invited Mr. Jones’ lawyers to obtain a sealing order under Texas Rule 76(a)(5) to protect any confidential information in that exhibit, which we did not oppose. For unknown reasons, Mr. Jones’ lawyers declined our offer and chose not to take any steps to prevent these messages from entering the public record.”

lol lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I bet dan is gonna get the archive of all the texts and have an episode of the worst of them

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I bet dan is gonna get the archive of all the texts and have an episode of the worst of them

If anything on the internet has earned some dramatic readings, it must be these.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Hard to say if this is the sort of thing KF would cover. They tend to shy away from things about Alex's personal life and things he isn't directly bringing up on the show but a lot of this directly contradicts things he does talk about on the show so I'm not sure. Conservative hypocrisy is about the most played out topic there is but I still feel like it's important to keep highlighting it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I think the affair stuff will be off limits, but the parts about him boozing at the office and such they'll prob talk about.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In any case, this is a disgusting, albeit unsurprising, insight into the man.

And this is what, one of four pieces based on these texts?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Samovar posted:

In any case, this is a disgusting, albeit unsurprising, insight into the man.

And this is what, one of four pieces based on these texts?

Cinco, mi amigo.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Uber driver gave me a sucky

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Grand Fromage posted:

I think the affair stuff will be off limits, but the parts about him boozing at the office and such they'll prob talk about.
I wouldn't be surprised if they cover some episodes from the relevant days.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Glad to have confirmation as to the existence of "his wife's tennis partner."

Gotta be honest, I wasn't expecting "tennis" to be a euphemism, but retrospectively we all should've.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

teen witch posted:

Sneaky snake delivery!!! Please ignore my frayed brush it is my favorite!!!

Admittedly whoever wrote KF HQ on the envelope made the K look a bit like L and whew, I don’t need letters from LF HQ. Feel like one from ol uncle ted would be safer

My buttons arrived yesterday too, in Australia, straight on the jacket they go

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

Hard to say if this is the sort of thing KF would cover. They tend to shy away from things about Alex's personal life and things he isn't directly bringing up on the show but a lot of this directly contradicts things he does talk about on the show so I'm not sure. Conservative hypocrisy is about the most played out topic there is but I still feel like it's important to keep highlighting it.

Eh, I'm torn on the conservative hypocrisy thing. Highlighting it doesn't seem to accomplish anything. The root problem is that to a fascist, hypocrisy isn't a problem it's a privilege.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

bird food bathtub posted:

Eh, I'm torn on the conservative hypocrisy thing. Highlighting it doesn't seem to accomplish anything. The root problem is that to a fascist, hypocrisy isn't a problem it's a privilege.

No, the point is that you rub their faces in it continually, no matter how much they try to change the subject until they suffer a permanent nervous breakdown.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Yikes about those text messages to his wife and the private security guy stalking her

Edit: though, I will say that this is what I picture when I imagine a stereotypical marriage between southern conservatives

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It doesn't say so on the article itself, but the Bankston texts range between August of 2019 to May of 2020. Too early to relate to anything about the attempted insurrection, unless something else also got leaked.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Samovar posted:

No, the point is that you rub their faces in it continually, no matter how much they try to change the subject until they suffer a permanent nervous breakdown.

That's the problem I'm getting at, I don't think they ever will suffer from pointing out their hypocrisy. Again; to fascists this is a privilege. If they're owning the libs with hypocrisy, great, they'll keep doing it. It's another avenue of attack on their enemies. It's only a problem if you have any kind of, I guess, higher level ideology. If all you do is hate and all you want is to attack then gently caress it, hypocrisy all around, play with language, make your interlocuters sound ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So we know Dan has these texts too. I think what would be interesting to me would be an episode about his takeaways and what he thought was relevant to KF listeners that Hatewatch + SPLC might have missed. Just recapping these articles would be pointless because we can just read them.

I. Know. How. To read.