Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Welp, social media is informing me there's free shipping for buying Cannibal Corpse branded coffee for US citizens TODAY ONLY. Thought I'd let you know.

PS you can use your wrong one to gently caress with switchblade to undo the packaging, so that is a bonus

LOL sniped

PS2 Obituary + Immolation should come to europe thanks

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

Decibel Tour announced: Dark Funeral, Cattle Decap, 200 Stab Wounds and Blackbraid. Coming to town on my birthday...

Holy poo poo there's a Michigan date and it's on my only friend who listenes to metal's birthday.

Definitely going

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

All these tours and Winnipeg is getting gently caress all. Our local guy is really making GBS threads the bed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Laughs in Florida again.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Still waiting to hear anything from RPM fest, the sick central MA fest near Labor Day. Wish I could make the drive down to NYC for that Decibel tour but I'll be in the Carolinas visiting a new niece, which is probably worth it

Looking forward to Vomit Forth in a couple weeks, Lorna Shore after that, Morbid Angel after that... starting to book the good stuff

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Decibel Tour announced: Dark Funeral, Cattle Decap, 200 Stab Wounds and Blackbraid. Coming to town on my birthday...

$28.50 and a few weeks after my birthday, gently caress yeah, hell yeah

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lmao went to grab the MMF 3 day pass and parking. It was just shy of $600.

noooooope.

5 awesome local bands here in town at least a sunday a month for 10 bux. i can deal with that.

looks like ill be going down to chicago for obituary after all

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Radio Paranoia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH1k0UsLsyg

Austere is back from hiatus! This new track isn't as emotive as "To Lay Like Old Ashes", but I'm excited to hear what the full album sounds like.

Oh hey what a nice surprise!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Philthy posted:

Milwaukee Metal Fest just announced a bunch of bands. This is taking place during the same days as MDF.

Suicidal Tendencies. goddamn thats a bucketlist band for me. If they did an Infectious Grooves set I'd die so loving happy.

Tickets go on pre-sale TOMORROW. etix.com use code MMF23

MDF is taking 2023 off, right? I might go to Milwaukee for this.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

MDF is taking 2023 off, right? I might go to Milwaukee for this.

I thought MDF 23 sold out already and it's happening. I might be totally hosed in the head on this, so there's that.

Edit: they did, but hell in the harbor is the replacement so it's .. still sort of happening? it's a lot of bands

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Philthy posted:

I thought MDF 23 sold out already and it's happening. I might be totally hosed in the head on this, so there's that.

Edit: they did, but hell in the harbor is the replacement so it's .. still sort of happening? it's a lot of bands

MDF 2024 pre-sale sold out.

hell in the harbor is 2023.

(i am going to both)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
curious how much those ran you? im totally in shock at the $570 for a single person for 3 days and parking for the MMF and pretty bummed out

this isn't normal is it?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I don't think I've ever paid more than $300 for the 4-day MDF pass

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Spanish Manlove posted:

Laughs in Florida again.

Tampa gets a shitload of shows... South Florida not so much. Mortician rolled up last Sunday but... Sunday.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

East coast central florida never gets any good metal :negative:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Philthy posted:

curious how much those ran you? im totally in shock at the $570 for a single person for 3 days and parking for the MMF and pretty bummed out

this isn't normal is it?

hell in the harbor was $260, mdf 2024 (early bird price) was $258.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
MMF only seems to be $388 for 3 days tho, where are you getting $500+ at?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

East coast central florida never gets any good metal :negative:

The most random show coming up is Mastodon, Gojira & Lorna Shore in... Boca Raton?! I'll take it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Weaponized Cum posted:

The most random show coming up is Mastodon, Gojira & Lorna Shore in... Boca Raton?! I'll take it.

Does this mean Mastodon is for old people now?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Does this mean Mastodon is for old people now?

I had lunch in Boca today and I was the youngest person in Mizner Park. I'm 34.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Weaponized Cum posted:

They're playing a bunch of outdoor amphitheater-type venues, and those tend to be in random suburbs in a lot of areas. The Bay Area stop on that tour is in loving Concord.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Incoherence posted:

They're playing a bunch of outdoor amphitheater-type venues, and those tend to be in random suburbs in a lot of areas. The Bay Area stop on that tour is in loving Concord.

Nobody wants to go to loving Concord.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weaponized Cum posted:

I think it’s hitting St Augustine. It’s tempting lol

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I believe a parking pass for three days is $105 plus hotel room would easily be $500+. I'm thinking that's where the number came from.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think it’s hitting St Augustine. It’s tempting lol

there's a good chance i'm going but i'd rather go to the tampa date at Jannus where Lorna Shore is headlining

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
If you guys like soulfly-ish tribal metal, these guys seem pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crklp_mUeFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX66TtJtNXM

Any other bands with cool tribal drums, flutes and so on?

henpod fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 1, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I added in parking which was over 100, then the fees on top came to $570.

Edit: Sorry, the balcony access came to $570. Without balcony access it comes to $502.

The parking in that area is rough... you want to do the parking.

If it was 300 all in, I'd still be hesitating but I'd pull the trigger. I feel like an old man yelling at cloud still. Anyway.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 1, 2023

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

henpod posted:

way in the prog-power vein but try Myrath if you like that kind of heavily syncopated percussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXqG_WKcFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYyCHfeWZ0

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CornHolio posted:

I believe a parking pass for three days is $105 plus hotel room would easily be $500+. I'm thinking that's where the number came from.

ah got it.

for MDF the hotel for the weekend (wed-mon) is usually around $1100 alone.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

henpod posted:

Cemican https://youtu.be/9UTRDQtpgL8

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tour announcements are really picking up steam. Carcass and Dead Congregation both have American tours in the spring.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Carcass AND Municipal Waste? gently caress yes.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Good lord, I love it. Cheers.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Local shop posted albums they got in. One was from Hellish. These dudes are from Chile, I think. Told them to hold one after listening to this. I dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0tWUjWDPE0

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

henpod posted:

Good lord, I love it. Cheers.

cemican loving rules. you have been posting here for a long time so i was not going to just suggest a bunch of standard folk metal, but there are ton of neat bands from various parts of the world that might fit the bill of what you were looking for. just putting " X-Country Folk Metal" into youtube will pull up all kinds of stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tour announcements are really picking up steam. Carcass and Dead Congregation both have American tours in the spring.

gently caress, another loving miss here. Goddamn. Our "big" announcement yesterday was this:

Vitriol and Wormwitch

Our guy must have no money - thats really the only explanation. They full renovated the major place for metal over the pandemic and now that all these bands are back out there we're getting jack squat.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Witch Vomit is touring with Dead Congregation :black101:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Snowy posted:

Witch Vomit is touring with Dead Congregation :black101:
fuuuck guess I gotta drive to Baltimore on a Tuesday

e: that date is with Phrenelith :shrug: still owns

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

WoodrowSkillson posted:

cemican loving rules. you have been posting here for a long time so i was not going to just suggest a bunch of standard folk metal, but there are ton of neat bands from various parts of the world that might fit the bill of what you were looking for. just putting " X-Country Folk Metal" into youtube will pull up all kinds of stuff.

Very good suggestion :). Going to go think up some super obscure countries / cultures now.

henpod fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

https://twitter.com/ZODIAC_MF/status/1621516831772282885?s=20&t=hwUSN5AFv4_S60RrAIswMw