Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so they're selling that Lion for like 250 bucks of gold? lol they can eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
My guess is that once people burn that much gold they'll have another auction/bazaar event shortly afterwards.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I blew up my laptop, so I'm out, again. Yay?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kinda torn. I could get the Lion, but it would mean blowing through most of my bonds and blueprint fragments, including my universal ones. As well as practically all of my holiday loot crate gold but I don't really care about that, but the bonds and universal fragments would hurt. Potentially. Then again I haven't really spent my bonds on much of anything with the idea that one day I'll grind enough ranked to get the Concept 1B, but then every time Ranked rolls around I quickly remember why I don't play a lot of Ranked.

I got the Object 780 last year and I think I've played it twice, so that wasn't exactly resources well spent.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

SpannerX posted:

I blew up my laptop, so I'm out, again. Yay?

Ow that sucks :unsmith:
I hope you didn't need it for school.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

sauer kraut posted:

Ow that sucks :unsmith:
I hope you didn't need it for school.

Well, I can use MY WIFE'S for that. I shouldn't have trusted a lovely converter. My fault. Oh well.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

gold but I don't really care about that
Wargaming are quite brilliant at making you believe the gold you paid 100's of bucks for is simultaneously worth nothing, and is also the reason why their loot boxes are "good value actually".

It's quite incredible to witness.

It's a $200 tank if you're buying it with gold lmao

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Khablam posted:

Wargaming are quite brilliant at making you believe the gold you paid 100's of bucks for is simultaneously worth nothing, and is also the reason why their loot boxes are "good value actually".

True, but I bought ~100 euros worth of boxes for the premium tanks. I got all three premium tanks I wanted (two T8 and one T9), which puts me way over the listed value of my boxes so the gold was just an extra. And there's really not a lot for me to use it on, since they very rarely sell any tanks for gold that I'd actually want to buy.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

loving unplayable today. Top-tier HTs cowering in a corner, the usual loving bullshit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Let me guess, all 15,000 tanks have already been purchased by idiots on NA?

I played with the calculator and found I could get away with 44k in gold if I dropped 170k in free xp and 1500 bonds (which would still keep me above 15k). That's still ludicrous for a tank, especially one you're forced to play at T10. The only silver lining to it is that my Progetto 46 crew is my most experienced, by far.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 2, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think the Lion sold out on the EU servers in under a minute.

I got mine at about 25 seconds past the hour and I got number 12308.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Khablam posted:

It's quite incredible to witness.

It's a $200 tank if you're buying it with gold lmao

Converting to FXP using gold is cheaper than using gold raw even if you use the default gold conversion.

Also, NA hasn't dropped their lion assembly shop yet as a heads up. Timer is marked for 8pm est.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Converting to FXP using gold is cheaper than using gold raw even if you use the default gold conversion.

Also, NA hasn't dropped their lion assembly shop yet as a heads up. Timer is marked for 8pm est.

If it goes the same as it did on the EU servers, you can be logged in prior to 8 PM and don't have to relog or anything. Maybe about 10-15 seconds before the scheduled time I got a popup saying the Assembly Shop was opening and I could assign my various things and then click the buy button. If you're planning on using free XP, get it converted ahead of time, because those things will probably go FAST. In fact you should probably plan out everything in detail in advance so you can just hit those buttons fast fast fast.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I will say that I expect a lot of comedy videos of bad lion players to come. That 4th shell is going to trap a lot of pubbies.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
On NA, the cosmetic version sold out within a couple minutes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TracerM17 posted:

On NA, the cosmetic version sold out within a couple minutes.

How much do you want to bet that someone suggested the cosmetic version be sold as an NFT?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I got the lion. Skill made a video and its recommended you spend free XP or as much as you can to offset the cost.

I like it. But right now everyone is using one and Tier X is a bit hosed right now. So instead I will be using Obj 268/4 to blast these guys down.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Katamari Democracy posted:

I got the lion. Skill made a video and its recommended you spend free XP or as much as you can to offset the cost.

I like it. But right now everyone is using one and Tier X is a bit hosed right now. So instead I will be using Obj 268/4 to blast these guys down.

I'd think the EBRs with the fuckoff HE shells would probably murder these things in spades.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

WORLD OF TANKS

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd think the EBRs with the fuckoff HE shells would probably murder these things in spades.

I am terrible at the EBR but so far the Obj 268/4 and Vz.55 just eats so much rear end.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I got one too, even though I've barely played this game over the past year. I'm mostly happy with the way this thing was implemented; it lets those of us who have almost everything unlocked (which, for me, is every tier 10 except for the 3 most recent ones*) dump some superfluous resources to get something new out of it. As far as the blueprints go, it was dumb that you can only cash in 32 or 64 of any type, because why bother limiting any of them if you're just trying to hoover up players' extra resources, and why not let us combine smaller amounts of various BPs as long as they add up to 32? Other than that, I don't give a poo poo about the gold value because at this point I have little need for it and still plenty more where that came from.

*(So, the Yoh, the Italian TD, and the new Chinese HT2.)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Words cannot express just how much I miss being able to deal teamdamage.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Jagzilla Jr. on the PTR.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

At 700 damage, not quite.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

At 700 damage, not quite.

Indeed, which is honestly a good thing. Wonder how durable that "300" armor is...

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

300 mm in the thin strip on the lower hull. Rest is 35 mm.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

Jagzilla Jr. on the PTR.

Are you serious WG?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Are you serious WG?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Some tanks are getting buffed. A hell of a lot of tanks are getting nerfed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze_E3PkBc-w

E: The M4 54 is getting nerfed to the ground.

Some guy on Reddit posted:

Comparison time, pre buff AMX M4 54:

15.15 second reload
0.34 dispersion
2.11 second aim time
0.10 Gun dispersion
0.18 Moving dispersion

Proposed nerfs for 1.20

14 second reload
0.36 dispersion
2.5 second aim time
0.14 dispersion turning the turret
0.15 moving dispersion

So the M4 is going to be worse than it was before the buffs it got a year ago, back when it was thought to be unusably poo poo.

E2: Lol the Progetto 65 getting nerfed again.

E3: Rhino's getting a buff... to its armour and gold pen. Still gonna have dogshit gun handling and DPM, ie. the problems people who like the Rhino wanted fixed.

Great work.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 9, 2023

Sayara
May 10, 2009
M4 54 deserved a nerf, but that is a bit overboard. I don't get the Progetto nerf though, it's not overperforming at all compared to other tier X mediums.

Also AMX 65t, the overpowered monster of tier 8 is getting nerfed. :aloom:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Also AMX 65t, the overpowered monster of tier 8 is getting nerfed. :aloom:

This.... I...

What the gently caress?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E2: Lol the Progetto 65 getting nerfed again.

Poor thing.
Guess having T34-85M dpm (IF you only use the top 2 shells), dodgy gun handling and getting dumped on by the Lión wasn't humiliating enough.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

Poor thing.
Guess having T34-85M dpm (IF you only use the top 2 shells), dodgy gun handling and getting dumped on by the Lión wasn't humiliating enough.

This super feels like them going "didn't buy the loving $200 tank because the free tech tree was almost as good? gently caress YOU!" and making sure the next time everyone pays up, because the Progetto 65 is already one of the worst performing T10 mediums in the game, so I don't really understand what's giving them the impression that it needs to be shitter.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol i sold my progetto after i got the lion since that's where my crew was going anyway

owned idiots

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

lol i sold my progetto after i got the lion since that's where my crew was going anyway

owned idiots

Don't sign your posts.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

fcuk

Sayara
May 10, 2009
So something pretty huge has been found out about some old mechanic, that the reticle is like 1.71x bigger than it's supposed to be. So getting the mod to fix it will make you feel tons more accurate, and even skill4ltu started using and liking it, even if he doesn't use other than MoE mod. Grab it here: https://wgmods.net/6349

It has something to do with a patch in 2015 when they hosed around with reticle size, and this fixes it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just lol at the AMX 65t being nerfed.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Saw that reddit post the other day as well and it more or less tracked with my gutfeel so I grabbed the mod. It's definitely noticeable and makes a lot of those miracle snapshots feel less like miracles.

Watch WG nerf shot distribution in retaliation or something now. Also loving lol at AMX nerfs. gently caress me for being like 80% of the way to unlocking the T10 amirite???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The dispersion thing makes me feel bad about all the shots I miss.