Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have finished my Barbie Dream House :toot:

The open 3 open windows took FOREVER, there was a lot of trial and error, they used up a lot of item slots and originally there were 5 that I had to reduce down to 3 because they just used too many items. The ones I did keep though, the light comes through at specific times to give the illusion that it's the actual sun and the windows really do open up to outside. Also I really wish the wood on the rose trellis' changed color and not just the flowers, and I wish I could change the appearance of the maid. At the very least I'd like her dress to be pink. I also absolutely hit the item limit. Come on YoshiP just give me a few more so I can fill up the rest of my house with Namazu.

Here's two shots of the windows with the light coming through:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Haha I get this

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

It's such a highly specific joke that a very very small subsection of internet dorks are going to get, but goddamn did it put a big grin on my face when I saw it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Valentine's event: Wear what you want so you can feel true to yourself
Also Valentine's event: The outfits are gender locked

Also also Valentine's event: Beatin and Aenor trying very hard to out-innuendo each other.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Valentine's event: Wear what you want so you can feel true to yourself
Also Valentine's event: The outfits are gender locked

Also also Valentine's event: Beatin and Aenor trying very hard to out-innuendo each other.

I mentioned it already upthread, but there's universal versions of each set in the files, but those versions have some gaping holes in the model geometry for opposite genders, so it's likely just something the team didn't have the time to fix and thus kept locked. I'm sympathetic in this case because of how clearly having universal sets was meant to be the theme of the whole thing, and that there's a pretty staggering number of new sets the team had to pump out for 6.3's deadline.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Third ARR relic weapon finished, third time saying "those books were a pain, never again."

I'm sure I mean it this time.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Bruceski posted:

Third ARR relic weapon finished, third time saying "those books were a pain, never again."

I'm sure I mean it this time.

Just seven more times and you'll have to mean it!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vermain posted:

I mentioned it already upthread, but there's universal versions of each set in the files, but those versions have some gaping holes in the model geometry for opposite genders, so it's likely just something the team didn't have the time to fix and thus kept locked. I'm sympathetic in this case because of how clearly having universal sets was meant to be the theme of the whole thing, and that there's a pretty staggering number of new sets the team had to pump out for 6.3's deadline.

Not only are they facing gaping holes, but as I understand it Hrothgar and Roegadudes don't even have proper geometry for the female version. (If someone can actually check that I'd really appreciate it, I'm going by hearsay.) It's sort of an interesting corner of development, because in doing their best and getting this far they're inadvertently showing just how hard it is to gender-unlock these outfits.

I suspect that the people saying that they could just flip the switch are actually playing characters whose overall model is close enough to the other gender to avoid the worst of it; male miqo'te and viera, female elezen, lalafel in general. They're probably neglecting the extremes that actually do need the work.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

Not only are they facing gaping holes, but as I understand it Hrothgar and Roegadudes don't even have proper geometry for the female version. (If someone can actually check that I'd really appreciate it, I'm going by hearsay.) It's sort of an interesting corner of development, because in doing their best and getting this far they're inadvertently showing just how hard it is to gender-unlock these outfits.

I suspect that the people saying that they could just flip the switch are actually playing characters whose overall model is close enough to the other gender to avoid the worst of it; male miqo'te and viera, female elezen, lalafel in general. They're probably neglecting the extremes that actually do need the work.

I mean, flat out we know that the effort that goes into two gender locked outfit is the same as one gender unlocked outfit. Because that's how the modelling works out.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

what's the shortest a dungeon gets in leveling roulette? i assume the shortest possible pull is ifrit, but that's not a dungeon. prompted by a 10 minute sastasha run and the realization i have no idea what's quick and what's not beyond feel.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOKItaf2khM

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd say 10 minutes is pretty close to as short as it gets in Leveling Roulette

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Valentin posted:

what's the shortest a dungeon gets in leveling roulette? i assume the shortest possible pull is ifrit, but that's not a dungeon. prompted by a 10 minute sastasha run and the realization i have no idea what's quick and what's not beyond feel.
I swear I've had a sub 10 minute Aurum Vale in leveling roulette, but it was an absurd stars aligning thing with the team being instantly down to follow my stupid pulls. I think AV is probably the shortest dungeon potentially but it almost never goes that way.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The pros to speed-running Aurum Vale are that you only need to kill the three bosses and the three Goldvines along the way - there are no other pesky interactions slowing down a full wall to wall pull.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i had a goon run where we smashed piss vale in i wanna say 7-8 minutes (not a blu party, just a full leveling roulette party). it was exhilarating

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hogama posted:

The pros to speed-running Aurum Vale are that you only need to kill the three bosses and the three Goldvines along the way - there are no other pesky interactions slowing down a full wall to wall pull.

If you're a real sicko you can have the tank sac-pull by just grabbing agro while everyone else does nothing but run alongside and then let the tank die at the boss room. All the mobs will just walk back to their normal positions and you can just raise the tank.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Lord_Magmar posted:

I mean, flat out we know that the effort that goes into two gender locked outfit is the same as one gender unlocked outfit. Because that's how the modelling works out.

Yeah, but the argument around this event isn't for one gender-unlocked outfit, it's for two gender-unlocked outfits.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The genderlock on the clothes is even more ironic when you consider this year's holiday event storyline

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For anyone that's interested in showing off their cool house, Foxclon (the head community guy who co-hosts the PLLs with YoshiP) is going to do an "intermittent broadcast series" called Mister Foxclon's Neighborhood where he pops by. If you want to put your plot out there, info on how to invite him is in that post. They specifically call out this first one not having a theme, so I'd assume those will be a key part in future streams.

For this first one they're accepting entries up until the 10th of February, and the stream will be on March 2nd.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

HOW? I tried floating a Namazu and he just stayed resolutely on the floor.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Dareon posted:

NPCs (mannequins, vendors, retainers and the like) are a little weirder about it, they'll 'float' but also snap right down to the first surface they can find. So you have to force them to obey physics and have something to stand on.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Valentin posted:

It depends on dps classes a lot, but 8 minute Sastasha's and Tam Tara's are what I shoot for when tanking. I think the new Copperbell isn't far off either, along with Totorok? ... but I haven't run the EW versions of those enough to remember. Aurum Vale is about 8 minutes as well. Haukke is pretty fast too, and I forget how long Brayflox takes but you can drag all the trash between bosses 1-2 and 2-3 to the bosses themselves. Some of the HW dungeons are around there as well: Sohm Al, Vault, Gubal. Again, I forget how fast the new Aery is, only run it a handful of times.

After HW I don't think there are any super speedy ones.

Are we talking about LDR specifically? Some of the 5678 dungeons are pretty fast too.

derra fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 2, 2023

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

super sweet best pal posted:

The real Chad move is to switch to controller mode with rumble on and then lie down on the couch and fish while watching a movie.

DUDE THIS IS SO FUN. thought i was the only one.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I got me some new drat portraits. This time I've been futzing with the lighting. I'm quite happy with how they look.

This portrait thing just bullseyes my old art kid tendencies and I am powerless to resist. "Sure, the duty finder just popped, but wouldn't you rather spend the next 10 minutes making micro-adjustments to your mug shot instead?" Why, yes I would, brain. Thank you!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

derra posted:

I forget how long Brayflox takes but you can drag all the trash between bosses 1-2 and 2-3 to the bosses themselves.
holy poo poo your healers must either be gods or hate you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dareon posted:

Go outside then come back in. No joke that's it. NPCs are weird where if you float to put them on a stool or something, they will snap back to the ground when you leave the menu. But if you then go righty outside then come back in they will be on whatever thing you're trying to float them on to

derra
Dec 29, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

holy poo poo your healers must either be gods or hate you

You really have nothing better to do than spam your Cure 2 equivalent at that level anyway, I've healed it myself plenty of times.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

derra posted:

You really have nothing better to do than spam your Cure 2 equivalent at that level anyway, I've healed it myself plenty of times.

I've wiped when healing that first pull of brayflox so many times because it's at a weird point in the leveling curve, and I never anticipate what buttons don't work.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

How is Bozja for 80-90 XP?

Macaluso posted:

I have finished my Barbie Dream House :toot:
loving incredible

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 2, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Guys, I... I think Hildibrand might actually have a good plan?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Heran Bago posted:

Still good. If you're on a DPS job, it's probably the fastest way to get to 90. I think I did it in 6-6.5 hours or so with Zadnor zone 3 skirmishes + CEs.

For tanks and healers, I assume it'd be faster to queue for dungeons.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Heran Bago posted:

still faster than everything but leveling roulette if you can stand the godawful grind

Z3 skirmishes are 250k xp, CEs are 500k xp

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I should really try to unlock Zadnor for my 70s stretch of leveling Summoner. It might not be terribly fast compared to Southern Front but I'll at least be doing two things at once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DR kicked my rear end but thankfully I still beat it. Zadnor is nice.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Good to hear. Can't do Frontlines anymore. I can rack up the assists as WHM but the murderball just isn't fun or interesting anymore.
I'm down for leveling roulette and sometimes even normal raids, dungeons, and trials. Alliance raids are fun but they take just take too long.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Trinity Avowed is still one of my favorite bosses to learn in this game, and probably my favorite in Shadowbringers. Particularly in Delubrum Savage - it builds off of what they do in normal mode and everything falls into place once you understand it, but before you get there it's a chaotic mess that it feels like you're just barely getting a grasp of.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's only a few max level dungeons once you're in EW to gain a level. Healer especially will have minor queue times, and even dungeons are far more interesting than most of the other options.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd say prioritize Shared FATEs and Trusts over Bozja until those are capped. Some of the bicolored gem rewards still go for a lot of gil on the MB.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Heran Bago posted:

Good to hear. Can't do Frontlines anymore. I can rack up the assists as WHM but the murderball just isn't fun or interesting anymore.
I'm down for leveling roulette and sometimes even normal raids, dungeons, and trials. Alliance raids are fun but they take just take too long.

I need 3 more frontline wins for garo then I can leave it alone until 7.0 and I want the xp