Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sprout question, what is the sort of time of an average, successful, savage-tier battle?

About 10 minutes for most, although there's some which are two 7.5ish minute phases with a checkpoint if you beat the first phase.

You can shave a couple of minutes off by being good players with good gear. 11 minutes is about the maxiumum before you hit an enrage and get auto-wiped.

Ultimates, as well as being longer (the dragonsong one is about 18 minutes, not sure about the new ones) are much faster paced and dense. Savage tends to give you a quick breather between mechanics, Ultimate much less so.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sprout question, what is the sort of time of an average, successful, savage-tier battle?

10-11 mins.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ConanThe3rd posted:

8-11 minutes. The final fight of the tier is broken up into 2 halves each on the short end of that scale with a checkpoint in the middle.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Anywhere between 7 and 12 minutes.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CJ posted:

I wonder how many groups have cleared an ultimate completely blind without any addons. I assume most people use strat guides to help them, but for the people doing it blind once they have to sit through 15 minutes of fight while still paying attention just so they can see a couple of seconds of the mechanic they are progressing up to. I get sick of progging the end of 11 minute savage fights so it sounds miserable doing that in an ultimate. Given, that i can understand the temptation of using addons to cut down on the amount of pulls you need to do for information gathering. When everybody is using at least some addons and you only get punished if you leak your screen i can see why people would do it.

Also sucks that SE's privacy settings are so bad that they can't hide their character to escape the harassment if they wanted to.

people should use addons to skip your posts imo

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
If you mean time from first trying the fight to clearing it, rather than length of a successful pull: that varies by quite a lot. Going by the statics in PCD for this tier -- admittedly a very small dataset -- the average seems to be around 3-4 hours for each of P5S and P6S, then 6-8 hours for P7S, and finally 20-40 hours for P8S. More in some cases; I am still working through the last parts of P8S after some 50h on it.

P8S feels like a difficulty outlier though, like a lesser version of where E8S was last expansion. E12S and P4S, the tier end bosses between them, were both considerably easier for me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What's PCD?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Please Calm Down, the EU goon FC

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

These are my best times for the current Savage tier, we're still working on the second half of P8S

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

P7 is definitely an outlier when it comes to clear time. P8Sp2, my fastest time is 8:12.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SettingSun posted:

P7 is definitely an outlier when it comes to clear time. P8Sp2, my fastest time is 8:12.

Checkpoint Savage Fights are often shorter than other fights, so in tiers with 2 part savage fourth floors you'll find the third floor is the longest fight.

Even saying that, P7S is long even for a third floor.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the worst thing about p7s is that nothing happens until 7 minutes in

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Truga posted:

the worst thing about p7s is that nothing happens until 7 minutes in

:emptyquote:

I love purgation as a healer because it's an interesting use of my resources to make sure everyone is not dying, but man can it come 5m sooner into the fight please? :(

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I hit level 90 back when EW first came out but haven't done anything at level 90 since. I've just been leveling all of my DoH/DoL and combat jobs to 90 since then. Is it too late to catch up on the harder level 90 content now? I've never actually joined a static or anything like that but am interested in what that would look like for a late-comer who has casually played the game for years and is finally getting more serious

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd say Hydros is the best part of Eureka because of how conveniently laid out it is. First couple levels are in the center, rest are in the west, max level+ stuff in the east. It's a big open plain so bunnies are more convenient. No narrow corridors with rear end in a top hat dragons.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

biceps crimes posted:

I hit level 90 back when EW first came out but haven't done anything at level 90 since. I've just been leveling all of my DoH/DoL and combat jobs to 90 since then. Is it too late to catch up on the harder level 90 content now? I've never actually joined a static or anything like that but am interested in what that would look like for a late-comer who has casually played the game for years and is finally getting more serious

There are still groups learning the new Extreme trial, so that's an easy bet. Most of the dare I say more skilled players have moved on, but you can still get a new group for it. Same as the Unreal trial.

Savage is a bit tougher, since that tier is like 5 months old now. Most of the groups running it are just for reclears, but it's not impossible to find people learning or practicing it from the start. Grab some 620 tomestone or alliance raid gear, or get the crafted 610 / upgrade it, and your gear is more than fine.

In 3-ish months when the next Savage tier drops, you'll be in a good position to start ground floor. You'll need the new crafted set, and you'll be on equal footing to everyone else, since it will be better than today's BIS.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd say Hydros is the best part of Eureka because of how conveniently laid out it is. First couple levels are in the center, rest are in the west, max level+ stuff in the east. It's a big open plain so bunnies are more convenient. No narrow corridors with rear end in a top hat dragons.
yeah Hydatos is miles better than Pagos/Pyros, even Anemos is lovely in comparison

aers
Feb 15, 2012

CJ posted:

I wonder how many groups have cleared an ultimate completely blind without any addons. I assume most people use strat guides to help them, but for the people doing it blind once they have to sit through 15 minutes of fight while still paying attention just so they can see a couple of seconds of the mechanic they are progressing up to. I get sick of progging the end of 11 minute savage fights so it sounds miserable doing that in an ultimate. Given, that i can understand the temptation of using addons to cut down on the amount of pulls you need to do for information gathering. When everybody is using at least some addons and you only get punished if you leak your screen i can see why people would do it.

Also sucks that SE's privacy settings are so bad that they can't hide their character to escape the harassment if they wanted to.

every group seriously going for world first has multiple people sitting outside the raid working on strats for them. some (not all) groups also use these outside people as mechanic callers, although more often its a person actually in the raid doing that.

also every ultimate world race since ucob has featured trigger use

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Frosty, the guy that's ran the world first events since like Heavensward, basically said going forward his events will only recognize groups that stream/record their progress.

For what that's worth.

This might be pretty dead territory at this point but it doesn't really matter. Someone could be using zoomhacks and simply be one of the non-streaming members, unless they require all members to be streaming but so far no team has done that IIRC.

Even then there's no way to enforce a display capture, and any overlay on the window would be invisible. Even the cheaty parts like telesto, triggernometry or trigevent, splatoon, they're all implemented either as overlay plugins or use imgui to draw over the game window and that doesn't get captured unless you go out of your way to do so.

There's really no way to verify not having any addons unless every player is verified as being on a console.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Eureka's still good for poetics, so I guess if you're doing it for that weapon or something then fire up an anima quest and do that simultaneously.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

parasyte posted:

There's really no way to verify not having any addons unless every player is verified as being on a console.

XIVLauncher/Dalamud plugins aren't doable on consoles right now (it might be possible with jailbroken consoles, no idea what the status on that is).
ACT (and therefore Cactbot, Triggernometry etc...) is still possible by routing the traffic through a PC running that, because it doesn't directly touch the game, it's only reading the network data as it passes by.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

super sweet best pal posted:

Hydatos is great for the convenience but it takes away something that became part of the fun of Eureka for me: sneaking around mobs in tight areas. Navigating through the north area of Pyros in the high 30s-low 40s was a thrill for me

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Tamba posted:

XIVLauncher/Dalamud plugins aren't doable on consoles right now (it might be possible with jailbroken consoles, no idea what the status on that is).
ACT (and therefore Cactbot, Triggernometry etc...) is still possible by routing the traffic through a PC running that, because it doesn't directly touch the game, it's only reading the network data as it passes by.

The XIV parsing plugin depends on reading the game's memory for things like the party and entity lists. Someone can share their ACT setup and cactbot overlays over the network, but you still need a PC XIV client to function in the first place.

editing now that i've gone down the rabbit hole: in fact the XIV parser requires a valid ffxiv exe because it loads that to get the Oodle library loaded to even do the packet decompression in the first place. in addition to reading combatants, party members, the player themselves, the zone and mapid all from memory. there's quite a bit of data like maxhp that doesn't come across the network, and while it's technically possible to build a parser that doesn't depend on reading ffxiv process memory, afaik nobody has bothered to do so

parasyte fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 1, 2023

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
For anyone who hasn't noticed, you can buy the opposite gender Valentine's items from the vendor and put em in the armoire, so it doesn't matter that your free coffee is only for your current gender. Costs a pittance of gil. It warns you you'll "never" be able to equip em but I don't believe that. Best to have it stored away just in case.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SuperKlaus posted:

For anyone who hasn't noticed, you can buy the opposite gender Valentine's items from the vendor and put em in the armoire, so it doesn't matter that your free coffee is only for your current gender. Costs a pittance of gil. It warns you you'll "never" be able to equip em but I don't believe that. Best to have it stored away just in case.
wasn’t true for last year’s either. Don’t get scammed by no good punk yoshi p!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You can grab also past event items from the Recompense Officer, as long as you've completed the event.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
is anyone else absolutely horrified by the end of the newest custom delivery quest? just gonna grow me some new Andens when I want!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1620872419404828673?t=YTPGE_avNVrLxOB82JppIg&s=19

Soken and co. crunching it it seems

I don't envy that workload but the bangeeers

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

is anyone else absolutely horrified by the end of the newest custom delivery quest? just gonna grow me some new Andens when I want!

That’s the Fae! [Uproarious laugh track]

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

hazardousmouse posted:

they lean way into it, hover your mouse over the mount window with the new mount selected

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1620872419404828673?t=YTPGE_avNVrLxOB82JppIg&s=19

Soken and co. crunching it it seems

I don't envy that workload but the bangeeers

Quite something from someone who didn't stop working while possibly dying in a hospital bed

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

hazardousmouse posted:

It certainly is not what I expected.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Quite something from someone who didn't stop working while possibly dying in a hospital bed
I’m just glad it wasn’t like Tezuka

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

:golfclap:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It just keeps happening

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nero would so be the one who'd say gently caress state secrets, there's an e-argument to win

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

It's unfortunate, as I think they fully intended to not have gender locks on the gear this time around by default (considering the entire plot of the new event and all), but ultimately ran out of time. Anamnesis shows that there's already models of the gear for both genders, but there's a still a bunch of visible model seams where things don't close cleanly, so they chose to keep them separate for the patch launch until they could be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol