Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

so you're saying they broke the best part about the new version

They fixed the worst part about the new version :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Goodsmile cannot do this to me, I have a mortgage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1621149587405938689?s=20&t=lm1ie_Om1W3ZGGe-lscRMg

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

pog

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheOtaking/status/1620915256322330624?t=B7faQRlHyQwUF7won10vow&s=19

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's true lol. wtf are these studios doing making 3 shows at once and being booked out to 2045. i guess as long as the publishing company checks or w.e. come in you can just shovel that out forever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kadokawa has 50 identical fantasy series they need made a year, there's simply nothing we can do.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Kadokawa has 50 identical fantasy series they need made a year, there's simply nothing we can do.

it's cool to have to wait half a decade for HnK or CSM season 2 while those studios animate poo poo like I Was an Amateur Flautist in the Real World, but Here in My Isekai World it's Turned Me into A Legendary Bard

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Content will continue to be made until morale improves.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean also theyd have the manpower if they paid animators more. there was an industry poll and something like half the animators that enter the industry drop out within 3 years because they cant sustain themselves. like to be clear other reasons for retiring from the industry (overwork, family issues, wound up not liking the work, injury/illness,) arent even being counted here, its solely people going 'i wasnt making enough money to live off of.'

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

it's true lol. wtf are these studios doing making 3 shows at once and being booked out to 2045. i guess as long as the publishing company checks or w.e. come in you can just shovel that out forever

Mappa animator labour camps.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

seiji mizushima (director of d4dj)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yxF3UKnV04

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Healthy chuckle in the Shirobako movie

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We've tried everything except paying the wage slaves more and we're all out of ideas.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oh gently caress I am going to watch the poo poo out of the Aardman Star Wars.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Seafood posted:

We've tried everything except paying the wage slaves more and we're all out of ideas.

we've spent 4 trillion dollars on this fancy rendering software and all it did was make us need more support staff that get paid more than the animators anyway. well, guess we need more CGI

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Endorph posted:

i mean also theyd have the manpower if they paid animators more. there was an industry poll and something like half the animators that enter the industry drop out within 3 years because they cant sustain themselves. like to be clear other reasons for retiring from the industry (overwork, family issues, wound up not liking the work, injury/illness,) arent even being counted here, its solely people going 'i wasnt making enough money to live off of.'

yeah this is the root cause really, on both ends. anime is artificially cheap to make becuase they dont actually pay the animators, and because its cheap to make companies like kadokawa just greenlight an anime for every title in their catalog instead of picking their spots

marumaru
May 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

I Was an Amateur Flautist in the Real World, but Here in My Isekai World it's Turned Me into A Legendary Bard

lol

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the light novel chapter where the protagonist buys 100 slaves to start an orchestra harem is an unfortunate turn

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Saw an ominous sight on my way home from the movies the other night...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's cool how the worst poo poo ive ever seen in my life is almost always the most popular

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Southern Cassowary posted:

the light novel chapter where the protagonist buys 100 slaves to start an orchestra harem is an unfortunate turn

but they all want to be slaves! and speedreaders criticize the fact that all slaves are female a lot but that's just an odd coincidence!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Srice posted:

Those are definitely a bunch of words strung together.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sore Dart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the sao movies are decent. asuna plays tekken in the first movie.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

it's cool how the worst poo poo ive ever seen in my life is almost always the most popular

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86GZpO_ZeU

Just noticed that Minami dropped a new song, nice. Cool MV too.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

Yeah I'll watch it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Who are any of those characters tho

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Yeah I'll watch it

Since it is part of my new years toxx, I must watch it as well....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I generally don't care about SAO and found the TV series people said to be good to be very meh and I ended up quite liking Progressive when I watched it on Crunchyroll so I'll probably catch this if it's playing locally

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i thought that girl had a scythe but it was just a ponytail. i guess it could still be a scythe

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86GZpO_ZeU

Just noticed that Minami dropped a new song, nice. Cool MV too.

sick. you're right the video is a lot of fun

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the SAO series where none of those people show up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

kater posted:

Who are any of those characters tho

Two of the three largest characters on the poster are the main characters of the franchise

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also Agil's on there. Hi, Agil!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Srice posted:

finally some progressive anime

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Big Leg posted:

i thought that girl had a scythe but it was just a ponytail. i guess it could still be a scythe

I didn’t even see her I thought it was a cloak.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
if i watch the first progressive movie will i have enough context to understand what's going on in Sword Art Online: The Movie - Progressive - Scherzo of Deep Night? apparently some of the lads are excited about this and it's fun to go to movies with your friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

kater posted:

I didn’t even see her I thought it was a cloak.

real art like sword art online movie posters can have many valid interpretations