Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

tinstaach posted:

Shaun King also took the 1999 Bucs to appeared with the 1999 Bucs in the NFCCG.

He lost 11-6 to the Rams, which was a scorigami!

If the Bert Emanuel catch is correctly ruled there's a good chance the Bucs have a mini dynasty giving way to the Patriots' reign. I'm still mad about that game.

I was so glad when Dilfer went down around week 10 and King got his chance. Pretty dire I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Just remembered something, anyone auction off Tom Brady’s last balls again?

Giselle.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

God if only.

But the 49ers are on the Lance or Die train.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm always here for some drama like this.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1621154219700162569?s=20

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYLxeY_r_o&t=2659s
It should be queued to the Kelce's discussing Bosa with the Philly fans.

Edit:VV They both went to the University of Cincinatti, it's Bearcats, not Bengals.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 2, 2023

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

AFewBricksShy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYLxeY_r_o&t=2659s
It should be queued to the Kelce's discussing Bosa with the Philly fans.

Wearing Bengos gear is pure evil. Love it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nvm the guy two posts above said this

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Twitter decided it doesn't want users anymore so RIP Surrender Index

https://twitter.com/surrender_idx90/status/1621172691712589824?t=wmDIDVnzqMtGkQP_XLjJRg&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.nfl.com/news/robert-kraft-wants-tom-brady-to-retire-as-member-of-patriots-he-always-has-been-

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

I want Brady to do this and still come back next season

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

at least it went out with the worst punt of all time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wouldn't mind if they changed the pro bowl game to be only played once every five years instead of every year. And the players picked for it based on five full years instead of just one. To me that could add some prestige to the game. I know that they're not having it anymore as of right now. And also still lots of guys probably wouldn't want to do it. But there could be some spectacle in seeing the best players of a 5-year era as opposed to guys who might have just randomly had a good year.

But the big problem with the game is that the players don't really care about winning or losing it. So maybe instead of AFC vs NFC you might have it where the teams are over 30 years old vs under 30 years old. Or maybe 29 or 28 or wherever you need to put that so you have sort of evenly matched teams. Then the younger players will want to show they are better than the older guys that they might have idolized and maybe the older players want to show they still are the best. Or maybe even under 25 vs over 25. But that'd be harder to do the 5 year thing

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 2, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
typical bird fans

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1620888125944766466

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

I wouldn't mind if they changed the pro bowl game to be only played once every five years instead of every year. And the players picked for it based on five full years instead of just one. To me that could add some prestige to the game. I know that they're not having it anymore as of right now. And also still lots of guys probably wouldn't want to do it. But there could be some spectacle in seeing the best players of a 5-year era as opposed to guys who might have just randomly had a good year.

But the big problem with the game is that the players don't really care about winning or losing it. So maybe instead of AFC vs NFC you might have it where the teams are over 30 years old vs under 30 years old. Or maybe 29 or 28 or wherever you need to put that so you have sort of evenly matched teams. Then the younger players will want to show they are better than the older guys that they might have idolized and maybe the older players want to show they still are the best. Or maybe even under 25 vs over 25. But that'd be harder to do the 5 year thing

This is loving stupid as hell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The PFF list is generally a good resource for FA contract projections.
https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1621202721951961089

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kawalimus posted:

They've nixed the game entirely this year it's basically field day now which sounds fun.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I like the pro bowl this year because we will get headlines such as "Raiders trade pro bowl QB Derek Carr" and "Ravens bench pro bowl QB Tyler Huntley"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

This is loving stupid as hell

No it isnt. And even if it didnt work out at least they tried something different. I like the idea of a youth vs experience game. The icons of current football vs the up-and-comers. I think its a way better hook than afc vs nfc which nobodh cares about.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They've nixed the game entirely this year it's basically field day now which sounds fun.

I know. I was just thinking about the game and how little interest it ever drew and wondered if there could be a way to maybe jazz it up and give it more intrigue. So dont have it every single year and have a better hook than afc vs nfc is what I thought of.

Nov 6, 2002

the thing you're missing is that nobody will ever give a poo poo about the pro bowl game because the results don't matter and everyone just wants to not get hurt, regardless of whatever "brilliant" scheme you think you've come up with

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

the thing you're missing is that nobody will ever give a poo poo about the pro bowl game because the results don't matter and everyone just wants to not get hurt, regardless of whatever "brilliant" scheme you think you've come up with

It could still be competitive while being less physical. And I think bringing back the field day stuff is a real cool idea too but it will also lose its luster after a year or two of doing it and nobody will care. Thats just how these things go.

People can get hurt doing anything even field days. Look at Robert Edwards. He was doing a flag football game and got hurt. Guys can get hurt doing anything even field day stuff like dodgeball. So why not every 5 years do an actual game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Have free drugs at the Pro Bowl

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Doing something every 5 years is stupid as hell, as stated previously.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, like the Cowboys winning a playoff game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Why is that? The world cup is every 4 years. I just think theres more intrigue in a game with the best players over a 5 year period instead of the best players from one year. Not everything has to be every year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kawalimus posted:

Why is that? The world cup is every 4 years. I just think theres more intrigue in a game with the best players over a 5 year period instead of the best players from one year. Not everything has to be every year.

Because everything about it is meaningless. Just because you do it every 5 years doesn't bring some prestige to it.

Comparing the Pro Bowl to the World Cup is certainly a stretch.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wandler20 posted:

Because everything about it is meaningless. Just because you do it every 5 years doesn't bring some prestige to it.

It's a valid comparison in that Americans don't care about either

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Have them play rock n' jock basketball.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

The field day stuff is meaningless too. The point isnt to have "meaning" like an actual game but make it an attraction. And then other years could have other ideas like also have the field days every five years. And come up with other ideas for other years.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I had to watch this a couple times before I realized he just has a weird rear end hand tattoo and isn't wearing some kind of skeletor glove

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Video game tournament

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remove the prole bole and do real life 'fall guys' courses similar to japanese gameshow tv but very elaborate and huge

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Toaster Beef posted:

If Brock Purdy gets Tommy John surgery he is not coming back to playing professional football in six months.

He's not getting TJ, he's getting the UCL brace surgery which is 6 months apparently

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

No it isnt. And even if it didnt work out at least they tried something different. I like the idea of a youth vs experience game. The icons of current football vs the up-and-comers. I think its a way better hook than afc vs nfc which nobodh cares about.

I know. I was just thinking about the game and how little interest it ever drew and wondered if there could be a way to maybe jazz it up and give it more intrigue. So dont have it every single year and have a better hook than afc vs nfc is what I thought of.

You want a youth vs experience game while also doing it once every 5 years in a sport where the average career is like 2 years.

You are braindead

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

You want a youth vs experience game while also doing it once every 5 years in a sport where the average career is like 2 years.

You are braindead

The average career is 2 years because of low round draft picks and UDFAs who just barely make it into the league and don't get signed after their 3 year rookie deals or cut outright and not resigned. It wouldn't have any affect on this game because none of those guys would be in it.

Nov 6, 2002

yeah, it's not like top running backs come and go in five years... oh wait

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

yeah, it's not like top running backs come and go in five years... oh wait

That's one single position with a notoriously short lifespan and even then there are exceptions.

For most positions you can be one of the best at your position until around 35.

Nov 6, 2002

hmm, let's see so who are the top WRs from five years ago...

1. Jarvis Landry
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Michael Thomas

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Let the 1 year wonders have their pro bowls

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

hmm, let's see so who are the top WRs from five years ago...

1. Jarvis Landry
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Michael Thomas

lol

But it's about the performances over a 5-year period. Not just the top WRs from the year the game is played. But if it were 5 years ago and those guys had been the best over the last five years then maybe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

you'd also gently caress up a lot of contract incentives.