Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't disagree, except having the pandemic happen all at once isn't a rewrite iirc

in the games the cordyceps starts in south america, and news clippings do mention tainted food as being a potential vector. but it takes months for it to spread across the us and presumably the world. i don't think we hear anything about other continents, but given that there aren't chinese or russian drones doing recon missions over the usa i assume they got got too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

McCloud posted:

It's also worth reminding everyone that apparently the video game coming out is about putting down a goblin protest movement for equal rights.

You know...these guys

That's just a tory MP they shouldnt have equal rights

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Amanda Waller loving sucks, and there is no loving way comics wise that Superman would show up to talk to someone at her bidding, loving dumbass movie.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

DAM

anyway, here's the AI doing something unexpected

https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeCarefulSoymilkBudStar-j3QvVai4E5Nim09k

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harry Potter is making wire glasses in style, with it, hot decades after it's release

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Serf posted:

in the games the cordyceps starts in south america, and news clippings do mention tainted food as being a potential vector. but it takes months for it to spread across the us and presumably the world. i don't think we hear anything about other continents, but given that there aren't chinese or russian drones doing recon missions over the usa i assume they got got too

fair enough

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Koirhor posted:

Amanda Waller loving sucks, and there is no loving way comics wise that Superman would show up to talk to someone at her bidding, loving dumbass movie.

Amanda Waller is only intimidating because shes only survivor, politically or otherwise, of Lex Luthor's Presidential cabinet.

And I doubt that anybody can adapt that storyline without making it about Trump and not Bush so I'd much rather they don't..

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Koirhor posted:

i just interpreted it as her bluffing and that superman was there to talk to black adam of his own volition and she just wanted to take credit for it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Without knowing the context and just posting I like Amanda waller if she's who I think she is
I like she's the face of the banal evil of the establishment the heroes are protecting.
She's like if marvel took Nick Fury and what he is seriously

But they made her a joke in suicide squad 2 and undermined all that. If the final shot was all those rebellious workers being black bagged it woulda still worked.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

E it keeps happening!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Edit isn't quote

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mantis42 posted:

there's a twitch stream that just airs AI generated Seinfeld, what a time to be alive

https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever

there are like 14000 people watching this now, all hooting like baboons in the chat. i wonder how many of them are actually people.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

there are like 14000 people watching this now, all hooting like baboons in the chat. i wonder how many of them are actually people.

I stuck around for five minutes, and have seen lots of non-twitch friends link it in chats and on fb. It's been growing organically in viewership since I saw it at 4000 yesterday morning, so probably all legit viewers who watch a few minutes then link it to their friends

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Communist Thoughts posted:

... If the final shot was all those rebellious workers being black bagged it woulda still worked.
Yeah but the actors worked so well we got the second-best DC series ever out of it (Batman 66 being the best). And keeping dangerous/unpredictable people around for missions where they will likely die seems to be her thing (my retcon).

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Communist Thoughts posted:

Without knowing the context and just posting I like Amanda waller if she's who I think she is
I like she's the face of the banal evil of the establishment the heroes are protecting.
She's like if marvel took Nick Fury and what he is seriously

But they made her a joke in suicide squad 2 and undermined all that. If the final shot was all those rebellious workers being black bagged it woulda still worked.

i have the day off work, so i think i'm gonna watch SS2, birds of prey, shazam, dark phoenix, ghost rider 1@2. i think that's the only 'main' supe movies i've missed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just watch blade 6 times

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

The whole movie looks like they filmed an AI generated expansion of a mock script excerpt from an SA front page article from 2008

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Captain Jesus posted:

The whole movie looks like they filmed an AI generated expansion of a mock script excerpt from an SA front page article from 2008

the only shred of creativity here is the music which appears to be chiptune roughly massaged into a cinematic score

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

mastershakeman posted:

i have the day off work, so i think i'm gonna watch SS2, birds of prey, shazam, dark phoenix, ghost rider 1@2. i think that's the only 'main' supe movies i've missed

That's a lot of sitting around. You should go outside.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
lol look at this dork who wants to touch grass

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How do they not get the point?
It's a necessary antithesis to the last two decades of zombie media. Maybe not central to the plot but absolute essential for contextual (and meta-textual) understanding of the world.

this world is not like Dawn of the Dead or Walk Dead, etc. There is still beauty, and hope, for a living a happy, long life with the people you love. That's worth fighting for. Victory is not pyrrhic like it would be in Walking Dead, just putting off an inevitably gruesome death.

Because over the last 20 years people have come to believe the most cynical crapsack take on reality and that better things aren't possible in life so its "unrealistic," that better things are possible in fiction. Fundamentally the American way of life reinforces the idea tbat the world is not worth fighting for

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

KomradeX posted:

Because over the last 20 years people have come to believe the most cynical crapsack take on reality and that better things aren't possible in life so its "unrealistic," that better things are possible in fiction. Fundamentally the American way of life reinforces the idea tbat the world is not worth fighting for
it's actually because if things can be OK, then their fantasy of being a badass survivor who chooses who lives and who dies doesn't work.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
if the 'necessary antithesis to two decades of zombie media' is a reheated take on a bad video game script about zombies, then lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I enjoyed both games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

death to videodrome imo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm not staying that as a judgment of the quality of the episode (which I liked but that's not important)

if the question is "why do we have an entire episode mostly about people that aren't Joel and Ellie" the answer is either the cynical "this is a San Junipero with zombies emmy grab" or that it's meant to teach us something about the themes or world of the story, and if it's the latter then it seems pretty obvious as a refutation for the far more prevalent nihilistic post-apocalyptic media of this era.

Who wasn't expecting Frank to try to bash Bill's head in when he starts playing the piano? Or for Bill just to leave Frank in the pit to die? We are primed for that brutality to the point where the lack of gore and devious plotting against each other nearly short-circuits our suspension of disbelief
Instead we get two people who still treat each other like real humans would when they're in need, in spite of the state of the world

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
my takeaway from ep 3 was that every dude needs a feller to snuggle with during the apocalypse

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Who wasn't expecting Frank to try to bash Bill's head in when he starts playing the piano? Or for Bill just to leave Frank in the pit to die? We are primed for that brutality to the point where the lack of gore and devious plotting against each other nearly short-circuits our suspension of disbelief
Instead we get two people who still treat each other like real humans would when they're in need, in spite of the state of the world

It was clear they were were flirting at dinner.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

give me a funny show to watch so I can get over how depressing you all are

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I started watching Reservation Dogs the other day and it's pretty good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Buck Wildman posted:

Veep

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

okey doke

alrighty

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
reservation dogs is both funny & depressing, and also good as hell

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

if you dont understand why sad puppies and rabid puppies were so horrible it was basically the same thing of their violating some imaginary rule that most people had never even thought was actually a rule until the puppies tried to do it

this is where knowing stupid pop culture poo poo that doesnt make sense takes you it helps you better understand later unrelated stupid pop culture poo poo that also doesnt make sense

I thought the puppies were horrible because they were reactionary assholes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

it's great, i love it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

Letterkenny

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

Grandma's Boy

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just watch 30 rock again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

Vice Principals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Fellatio del Toro posted:

just watch 30 rock again

does not age well