Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
low-tax
pro-growth

:thunk:

pro-growth
low-tax

:thunkher:

this is not axiomatic, dunno why people think it is, well, I guess I DO know, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Bastard tax

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Diet Crack posted:

because you're a lowlife and it's way above you.

Yet another classist attack.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Some people need to touch a stove to see if it's hot, some people don't learn the first time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Is this crazy HDR or is he that colour IRL?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am all in favour of setting fire to liz truss again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1621155704144023555

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
ARE LIZ beat Richie once, she can do it again.

LET THEM FI-- oh it's been done.

That reminds me is lettuce sorted out yet? First it was eggs, then cream crackers, now I can't get a butterhead lettuce for my BLM I mean BLT?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
We can go lower.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I think one thing that’s not remarked on about the average Tory voter when it comes to Sunak is just how massively racist they are. I’m convinced a part of his terrible ratings compared to Boris are to do with his skin colour

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
BRIT-BRITAIN-LIMBO

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Low tax cannot fail, it can only be failed.
Brexit cannot fail, it can only be failed.
Boris cannot fail, he can only fall upwards.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dear god yes. Let's have 6 more PMs before the next general election.

I can't believe we've got potentially 2 more years of this poo poo.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s one of those things i never understood was why brown didn’t do a snap election to cement his place as PM, but maybe the savaging he got from the press would have happened sooner idk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Brown should have pushed tony blair in front of a literal bus at the earliest opportunity, the UK would have been better off and he would have been more popular for it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s one of those things i never understood was why brown didn’t do a snap election to cement his place as PM, but maybe the savaging he got from the press would have happened sooner idk

tbh, Brown himself must still be kicking himself to this day that he didn't because it would have given him time to fully work through 2008 financial crisis rather than have to hand it over to the scumfucks who ruined this country

as a bonus if he'd won then Cameron and Clegg would likely have resigned as leaders

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, Nov-Dec 2022 :siren:

*tap tap* this thing on? Before I get into January's update and the annual committee elections, let me just, uh, catch up on a couple of months of bookkeeping. Yeah, my motivation for many things - including these updates - took a significant nosedive after dad informed us of his stage IV cancer the week after mum's funeral. Life is a gently caress sometimes.

A surge of Christmas spirit in December left the fund looking nicely healthy - heartfelt thanks as always to the generous! It's kind of impressive how stable the fund has been throughout its existence; we have almost never needed to deny an application, nor have we made any big pushes for additional donations, and yet the balance has never dipped below £1k or exceeded £4k.

Graphs below, and next post should follow within a few days.

November Stats:

December Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts to date:

Cumulative donations and payouts to date:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
brown never had prime minister in his locker.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Geez Maugrim, I'm sorry to hear you keep getting awful news like this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

It's easy to understand, he was a loving coward. Not much else to it unfortunately.

Maugrim, deepest sympathies on that double whammy of loving horrendous news. As someone who has benefited from the fund I just want to thank you for the time & effort you & everyone else puts in, it's a real source of calm knowing that if things get bad because something unexpected breaks & suddenly I'm in the shitter financially for the month there's a safety net there for those emergencies. It just removes a major source of stress.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

forkboy84 posted:

Dear god yes. Let's have 6 more PMs before the next general election.

I can't believe we've got potentially 2 more years of this poo poo.

7 years

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Only Kindness posted:

What are you blokes thoughts on dogs

dickdorkins.png

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
can't imagine why

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Doing what's right for the country == doing things that are unpopular, such as underpaying people, because underpaying people is good for the country.

Sure, makes perfect sense. Did he forget that he's prime minister?

Weird how these masters of the universe are actually just smol beans that can't get anything done uwu

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would love to give nurses more money but my hands are tied I'm only the Prime Minister :kiddo:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
I just twigged he's doing the There's No Magic Money Tree poo poo but with more words.

Hey Richie, there clearly is a Magic Money Tree, just ask Michelle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

smellmycheese posted:

I think one thing that’s not remarked on about the average Tory voter when it comes to Sunak is just how massively racist they are. I’m convinced a part of his terrible ratings compared to Boris are to do with his skin colour

I dunno, the country's in crisis and Sunak's visibly out of touch and out of his depth and is spending as much time as possible hiding from the public. His performance since coming in objectively has been poo poo, so it's not surprising that people are saying so.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1621306107074412544?t=GE010JQQfKrAOiW646h6MA&s=19

I'm told that's 17/20 council seats in Bristol West now Green. Time for a second MP (please?)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They should form together into a council megazord and beat up neighbouring councils.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/isabeIIeee/status/1621188192924745728

Looks like a normal enough house to... oh. Oh!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

That street looks like an absolute devil to park on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Worth the asking price just for the treasure within, tbh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god I keep seeing more of them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The real treasure is the 2 bed semi for less than 10 years salary

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHLIW0UvIxc

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The real treasure is the 2 bed semi for less than 10 years salary

Welcome to the North of England friend.

If you're willing to live in a depressed former mining village with no jobs you can get a house for half that that isn't even a fixer upper

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah you can find nicer looking stuff than that for about 50k round here, it's the only thing that gives me the faint hope of being able to own somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the big jars of marbles and golf balls (?) are going to be a bugger to move