Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

watched this many times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR8WaSnidvM
this one too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qMM5XkMQw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No joke, these videos are what finally inspired me to play the game.

I wore Dick Mullen's Hat as often as possible because I was so touched that Annette gave it to me, and I took every opportunity to annoy Kim by talking to him about the paranormal and cryptids. I think he secretly liked it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If your Empathy/Esprit is high enough it will assure you that he absolutely does secretly like it and it pains him to tell you to stop wasting time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If your Empathy/Esprit is high enough it will assure you that he absolutely does secretly like it and it pains him to tell you to stop wasting time.

God I love Kim.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I knew it, the whole playthrough he was giving off powerful "I think this is all bullshit, but damnit it's just so fun I can't completely hate this nonsense" vibes.

Is it possible to not solve the case? Like, is there a time limit and if you pass it without triggering certain events you lose your job or something?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 29, 2023

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is it possible to not solve the case? Like, is there a time limit and if you pass it without triggering certain events you lose your job or something?

nope, the only 'bad' endings are game overs, or I guess softlocks if you somehow completely screw yourself over with important checks. i think even the most hosed up, alcoholic, racist, do-nothing Harry will still get taken back onto the force if you make it to the end.

there's no time limit but realistically you'll naturally exhaust everything there is to see by like day 5

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There is actually a special ending if Kim gets shot and you don't bring Cuno to vouch for you, where the 41st will only take you back if you've internalized Waste Land of Reality or just mechanically haven't had alcohol since monday. Otherwise Harry gets ditched in the fishing village and lives out his days with Idiot Doom Spiral and Don't Call Abigail.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There is actually a special ending if Kim gets shot and you don't bring Cuno to vouch for you, where the 41st will only take you back if you've internalized Waste Land of Reality or just mechanically haven't had alcohol since monday. Otherwise Harry gets ditched in the fishing village and lives out his days with Idiot Doom Spiral and Don't Call Abigail.

jesus that's rough, i didn't know that.

also, i posted this in the goty thread, but i downloaded some software that lets you extract assets from unity games, so i did it with disco elysium, and unfortunately it's only the clothes and items and stuff, i was hoping the level assets were there, which were all modeled in pretty great detail in blender, but in the end they might have just used them as a reference to paint over basically, and i dont think the actual 3d model files are in the game as theyre not really necessary since you never see more than one angle of anything. but there's two models for a left middle finger and a right middle finger, which is funny, i didn't think they'd go through the effort to stick two separate meshes on your hands just for that one scene, because the character model doesnt have individual fingers, i thought they'd sort of fake it somehow. also pictured is the neck tie in the spirit and the boombox

imhotep fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 29, 2023

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lol

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

this isn't loss, but it is disco

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I really like the date you can go on with Lilienne, I think that's part of the game that deserves more praise.

There's probably a way you can play it where it goes terribly, but on my playthrough it was an extremely hopeful and uplifting moment. I'm not sure if this stuff is really spoiler worthy, but I'll go ahead and black it out anyway just to be safe: Harry and Lillienne are both people who're struggling to move on from relationships that ended tragically. I'd argue that Lilliene's situation is even more tragic than Harry's: her husband drowned while drunk at sea and now she has to raise three kids on her own while also working to support herself and her family. Outwardly she appears to be handling it significantly better than Harry handles his lost love situation, but a lot of that is just a pure survival thing (like she says, she can't afford to mourn) and she still remains very guarded against the idea of starting a new relationship symbolized by her literally carrying around a sword at all time that she says is to fight off men. Then Harry asks her on a date and (depending on your stats) she says yes, then you go on a walk, have a really nice conversation, watch the sunset and.... that's it. The date ends there, and Lilliene makes it clear she's not interested in a second one. But it doesn't feel like a failure, especially since (at least in my playthrough) the game makes it clear that the reason she doesn't want a second date isn't because of anything Harry did or said: She just doesn't want to start a romantic relationship with another alcoholic so it would take Harry being sober for a full year for her to even consider something more, which is a super valid reason not to date someone especially considering how her husband died. Still, even though she doesn't want more, she still had a good time and the date leaves her feeling happier and a little more healed than she was before. She gives Harry her sword because she doesn't need it anymore, the date has shown her that she's capable of letting down her guard and moving on, and so is Harry. Two lonely and sad people were able to come together and have a nice time for a little bit, and proved to themselves they're still capable of having nice times despite everything they've been through and can have them again with other people in the future. The whole thing was just so nice, sweet, and human.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Harry and Lillienne are both people who're struggling to move on from relationships that ended tragically. I'd argue that Lilliene's situation is even more tragic than Harry's: her husband drowned while drunk at sea and now she has to raise three kids on her own while also working to support herself and her family. Outwardly she appears to be handling it significantly better than Harry handles his lost love situation, but a lot of that is just a pure survival thing (like she says, she can't afford to mourn) and she still remains very guarded against the idea of starting a new relationship symbolized by her literally carrying around a sword at all time that she says is to fight off men. Then Harry asks her on a date and (depending on your stats) she says yes, then you go on a walk, have a really nice conversation, watch the sunset and.... that's it. The date ends there, and Lilliene makes it clear she's not interested in a second one. But it doesn't feel like a failure, especially since (at least in my playthrough) the game makes it clear that the reason she doesn't want a second date isn't because of anything Harry did or said: She just doesn't want to start a romantic relationship with another alcoholic so it would take Harry being sober for a full year for her to even consider something more, which is a super valid reason not to date someone especially considering how her husband died. Still, even though she doesn't want more, she still had a good time and the date leaves her feeling happier and a little more healed than she was before. She gives Harry her sword because she doesn't need it anymore, the date has shown her that she's capable of letting down her guard and moving on, and so is Harry. Two lonely and sad people were able to come together and have a nice time for a little bit, and proved to themselves they're still capable of having nice times despite everything they've been through and can have them again with other people in the future. The whole thing was just so nice, sweet, and human.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

lmao

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Oh thank the Innocences if we can finally get some good news on future developments

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Sorry if it's been explained already, but what is ZA/UM functionally able to do with the property at this point?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hopefully nothing since the people who created the setting got kicked out. I think it’s currently up in the air legally?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Wafflecopper posted:

Hopefully nothing since the people who created the setting got kicked out. I think it’s currently up in the air legally?

Whatever the emote is for this raises more questions :harrier:

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Just let me cyber date Kim.

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 2, 2023

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I would buy the hell out of a Kim Kitsuragi dating sim.
I mean the game is already halfway there, but I need them to add the option to maybe give your partner a little kiss?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I mean the game is already halfway there, but I need them to add the option to maybe give your partner a little kiss?

Full penetration with a French accent. Also Kim has a monster cock.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Justin Keenan put it best, "the thing about desire is that it’s stronger when it’s not totally satisfied."

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Youremother posted:

Justin Keenan put it best, "the thing about desire is that it’s stronger when it’s not totally satisfied."

U have not been introduced to Kimzilla.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Side-eyeing the silhouette of the monster through those cargo pants will be enough for me.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Would Kim gently caress Titus? Whose gay? Find.out.on this season of Disco Elysium.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Harry is tragically straight, it's one of his many flaws.

E: Also Kim has standards, I assume.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Harry is tragically straight, it's one of his many flaws.

Also Kim has standards, I assume.

Everyone's Harry is gay for Kim

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Zero doubt in my mind that Harry is bisexual. None. 100% certainty.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Nvm:edit I made a mistake Kimzilla is perfect

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 3, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Get laid you freaks. Its what Kimarry would want.

KORNOLOGY fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 3, 2023

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Been watching Columbo and boy is there a lot of Columbo in Disco Elysium.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’m kim irl.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

MizuZero posted:

I’m kim irl.

I'm logging off but you are not Kim. His hole is immaculate. He kisses like (whatever the best kisser is)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Someone's got a high electrochemistry

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Wrr posted:

Been watching Columbo and boy is there a lot of Columbo in Disco Elysium.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"We'll find your gun, Lieutenant Columbo. Yes we will!"

"I, uh, actually don't carry my service pistol when I'm on assignment, sir."

"Oh...... Wonder whose gun that was..."

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
You know, Mrs. Columbo, her lungs glow. Can you believe that?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Oh, y'know, my own wife can the same way. Sometimes I can go four, five days without seein' her! Mostly when I'm in the doghouse, that is. But, well, ma'am, there's no easy way to put this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

columbo except he has The Expression

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like the implication throughout the game that Harry had actually seen the cold open and knew exactly what happened, but ended up forgetting about it after blacking out. There's probably a One Last Thing somewhere I'm forgetting about, but I think that's the more fun Columbo homage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

KORNOLOGY posted:

Full penetration with a French accent. Also Kim has a monster cock.

Sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/MH8sRT9.mp4