Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Sam's club carts absolutely blow. The never ending barrage of overly happy people trying to sell you cell phones, tv service, and gas/electric rates can also gently caress off at Sam's. Only reason we joined was it was free last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wendigee posted:

their black diamond spreadable extra sharp cheddar cheese is amazing for party platters.. way better than the poo poo they sell at kroger or walmart

:goonsay:

edit: its a giant tub and ill have to throw most of it away probably but it's quite tasty. Fairly sharp. I'll serve it with the snacks at a friends birthday tomorrow.

Spread cheese lasts forever. I've probably had one opened for a month and it didn't mold.

pentyne posted:

Speaking of total fails, the lobster/crab bisque from both places is also just plain bad. Like it's just the industry standard for a premade soup bisque.

True. The lobster bisque from the 'co was super sweet I think.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

My parents have both Costco and Sam's Club memberships and routinely go to both. I have no idea what the gently caress is wrong with them. Why would they need to go to both I don't understand this. Late stage consumerism or whatever I guess. :confused:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco Buisness Centers sell the polish dogs as a 15 pack.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mental Hospitality posted:

My parents have both Costco and Sam's Club memberships and routinely go to both. I have no idea what the gently caress is wrong with them. Why would they need to go to both I don't understand this. Late stage consumerism or whatever I guess. :confused:

I used to have a Sam's club membership through work. It's honestly better for stocking things like snacks for employees and smaller convenience store like items, because there are a lot more items packaged for resale. Those things and drinks I always found to be cheaper, but other than that, aside from the occassional deal you can only get at Sam's club, it's really not worth it.

Sounds crazy, but Costco, with all it's bulk items, is better for a household.

Also, maybe your Costco sells cigarettes, but mine doesn't, but the Sam's club did. So if you were a smoker, cheapest way to get cigarettes. I used to see dozens of resalers there with carts and carts full of items for their shop, including thousands of dollars of cigarettes.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
People who are Sam's Club fart more.

In an un controlable Fashion.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The gas station at Sam's was empty both times I went by. I wonder what the prices were because the Costco gas lines spilled out to the street.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fail club gas is half Dr. Thunder. Rotten stuff

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I heard Sam's Club doesn't even sell PowerAde. What they got is called SPORT DRINK! Fail.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

poverty goat posted:

costco dogs have been mediocre since they stopped using hebrew national in 2008. you might as well just get a dog at sam's club now

Ban this filth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just went to the 'co to return something and pick up some paper products. Plates, toilet paper, Kleenex. I left $233 poorer. As is tradition.

I got the aged balsamic vinegar a while back it was super sweet and I don't want super sweet vinegar. It's been sitting on my counter for 2 weeks while I was wondering who I could give it to and then remembered that Costco has a wonderful return policy.

I walked in and said I wanted to return it and don't have my receipt.

Sure thing. She scans my card and asks if I wanted the money back on my credit card.

Yes please.

Done. :grin:

I picked up those street tacos. How do you guys heat that up?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

take it to the costco thread

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

take it to the costco thread

This is the costco thread.

Sam's is just in your twisted imagination.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I planned on going to Potbelly afterward to pick up a sandwich for tonight and Costco had $100 Potbelly gift cards for $74.99. Not sure how they do that but cool. I rarely go there though so I didn't buy it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

poo poo club

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just went to the 'co to return something and pick up some paper products. Plates, toilet paper, Kleenex. I left $233 poorer. As is tradition.

I got the aged balsamic vinegar a while back it was super sweet and I don't want super sweet vinegar. It's been sitting on my counter for 2 weeks while I was wondering who I could give it to and then remembered that Costco has a wonderful return policy.

I walked in and said I wanted to return it and don't have my receipt.

Sure thing. She scans my card and asks if I wanted the money back on my credit card.

Yes please.

Done. :grin:

I picked up those street tacos. How do you guys heat that up?

I've never had a good experience with any dressings at my local church. One of the very few things I buy at Walmart. Unless you are buying ranch (who does) they only have like 1-2 options. The Olive Garden Italian dressing they have isn't half bad though, it just might be about to expire by the time you buy it. Same with BBQ sauce. I wanna try that Bachan's Japanese BBQ sauce one day, but it's just a ton of sugar, like most sauces.

Costco does have really good seasonings though. Both the Kinder's Lemon Pepper and Seafood seasoning are great. The Barramundi w/ Kinder's Seafood seasoning fried up in a little olive oil is one of my favorite meals. The Woodfired Garlic seasoning isn't as amazing, but I've found it's good in small quantities mixed with other seasoning.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

El Padrino posted:

Ban this filth

Lol at cheerleading Costco hot dogs when they ditched the good hotdogs a decade and a half ago

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Black diamond extra sharp cheddar spread is like crack.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pub cheddar is trash cheese for trash people, perfect for a poo poo club shopper

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's not pub cheese that poo poo sucks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Losedigee trying to cop my kimchi clout by being the "pub cheese" guy in the poo poo club thread

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Black diamond extra sharp cheddar pub cheese (the one that tastes like trash)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco members should be allowed to spit on Sam's Club members

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco members should be allowed to spit on Sam's Club members

They are

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Black Diamond isn't even from Wisconsin. It's CANADIAN!!!

I get my spread cheese from the promised land of dairy.

Merkt's or Kaukauna. :colbert:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

Pub cheddar is trash cheese for trash people, perfect for a poo poo club shopper

heard the foundations of new Sam's Club locations is poured using pub cheddar

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

bagmonkey posted:

heard the foundations of new Sam's Club locations is poured using pub cheddar

No no no, it's all provided in the name:
SAM'S CLUB
CUM SLABS

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Wendigee posted:

Black diamond extra sharp cheddar spread is like crack.

Because it taste like rear end

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Is that stuff just like cheez wiz but in a jar instead?

I will say, some cheese spread on tomato basil Wheat Thins used to be my favorite snack when I was fat and likely heavily attributed to being fat.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ShowTime posted:

I will say, some cheese spread on tomato basil Wheat Thins used to be my favorite snack when I was fat and likely heavily attributed to being fat.

Yes

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Smugworth posted:

HARD AGREE

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Merkt's or Kaukauna. :colbert:

they actually sell both of those at my walmart, and thats what I grew up on but i think the black diamond is better :ssh:

only available at sams club anymore from my local markets.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ShowTime posted:

its not even similar to cheezwhiz gross. Smug is showing his lack of knowledge in the delicious real cheeses available that have added cream to make them spreadable and fridge temps. Its still firm and in no way goopy. Wisconsin knows whats up. must be refrigerated as its real dairy.

cheezwhiz is shelf stable goop that is never firm. it is a liquid. and the only flavor is salt.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Imagine the rancid farts losedigee huffs in his studio apartment after a night of binge drinking and eating only pub cheese with a spoon

poo poo club

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

you're posting like nom.... are you a true apostle?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

he was the first true believer

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I forgot to mention a new item at my local Costco (and apparently all Costcos as of last month) and they are actually pretty darn good, and on sale (maybe just for me). Like $6.50/bag for a big 7oz bag. The website sells them for like quadruple the price based on weight.

https://www.wildebrands.com/products/buffalo-style-chicken

If you are trying to cut carbs, a serving comes out to 160calories, 5g carbs and 10g protein. Good snack or side item while helping get some protein into your diet. Very good buffalo flavor too. I was kind of surprised. Powdered Buffalo flavoring is usually very salty and overly tangy, but I didn't get much of that. Right amount of tang and heat.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

he was the first true believer

What a retard lol. Hello idiot, crapple!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShowTime posted:

No. Not the spread cheese I get. It's cheese with some stuff to soften it.

edit: it was harder to find the ingredients for cheese whiz. The first result was from walmart and not kraft or whoever owns it. I got this from their canadian website. Or some random one. "kraftheinzfoodservice.ca"

quote:

Ingredients: modified milk ingredients, cheese (milk ingredients, modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, colour, microbial enzyme, lipase), water, corn maltodextrin, salt, sodium phosphates, seasoning, sodium alginate, ground mustard, lactic acid, sorbic acid, colour.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Whoa. Wisconsin GRADE A cheese. That's quality stuff. Just 1 tier below Wisconsin GRADE AA cheese. That's almost the highest tier Wisconsin cheese you can get.

I'm never going to Wisconsin after reading they grade their cheese.