Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I was going to post this as well. Joe Manchin: man of the people, man of the American Left.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

These people are a loving wonder.

they refuse to address any issues of substance so this is what we're left with. completely meaningless posturing based on willful ignorance of the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

I was going to post this as well. Joe Manchin: man of the people, man of the American Left.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

These people are a loving wonder.

Why the gently caress does Manchin give a gently caress about natural gas, I thought all his money was in coal and wouldn't forcing people to buy electric stoves increase demand in states that use coal power plants?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

C-Euro posted:

Netflix announced something similar a couple of days ago to stop people from account sharing, I wonder who came up with their idea first.

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1620698418149752834

lol guess my dad's not going to be able to watch Netflix anymore since he watches it while on the road and doesn't have wifi at home.

EDIT: just saw the new pricing plan. lol, and lmao

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 2, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Crap, I assume this means that my Spring app workaround will no longer work.

I mean if you're going to just piss the money away Elon, why not light it in a fire like the Joker did, at least someone might get warm out of it.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I understand how netflix would know that 2 different networks are streaming, but how on earth are they going to determine which one in the primary one?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress does Manchin give a gently caress about natural gas, I thought all his money was in coal and wouldn't forcing people to buy electric stoves increase demand in states that use coal power plants?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Some anecdotal experience of living in a small town up north, Swickles:

When my dad finished his residency in Detroit he got a job as a surgeon up in Caribou, Maine. I had to look it up but the population of that town was <10k around 1990. Yeah, Caribou in the late 80's/early 90's ≠ whatever town you're looking at, but if there's one thing I learned is that those areas are incredibly conservative. If you pass as a cishet white WASP then you can be fine; other than that… good luck. Don't get me wrong that there are good folks in remote areas, but the fact there is little diversity can cause social stagnation.

As for the weather, be prepared for wondering when winter will end & lament when fall comes rolling in. Hopefully you'll find outdoor activities that you will enjoy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Netflix announced something similar a couple of days ago to stop people from account sharing, I wonder who came up with their idea first.

E:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1620698418149752834

They are gonna lose so many subscribers just from people who only still have Netflix because their adult child or friend or cousin or sibling or parent uses their account and then when they get cut off the person realizes they don't actually watch Netflix that much.

I use my parent's account and I see them at least once a month so I guess I need to remember to bring my tablet and cellphone and log into Netflix while I'm there. Gonna suck not being to use my desktop for Netflix.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Fyi they already walked that back yesterday

https://twitter.com/kendallbaker/status/1620990174128734208?t=xqOCy9wgNpJl8psEViMwAw&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I wonder if I'm gonna be hosed on my lake cabin login. Not that I watch a ton of Netflix there but it would be pretty dumb if I couldn't use it there.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Oh, good.

They're just trying to put that toothpaste back in the tube at this point, don't think there's much they can except hope they can survive the eventual streaming collapse and take advantage

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

National average for gas stove usage is 35%, and a lot of that comes from the 70% usage in California and NY, so he’s loving his own voters to keep rolling around in culture war bullshit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have a gas stove and if the government wanted to give me a subsidy to have an induction stove I would be very happy

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

I have a gas stove and if the government wanted to give me a subsidy to have an induction stove I would be very happy

100%. I bought an induction burner because boiling water on a gas stove takes for-loving-ever and by the time we moved I was cooking almost everything on it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Yeah came in here to post this map. Coal is such a tiny percentage of WV's resources. Manchin makes his money off of coal but he's also trying to represent his constituency (the corporations, not the citizens of course) in the only way he knows how

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I need Blindsite and any other Aussies to weigh in on this, I am losing my mind

https://twitter.com/offbeatorbit/status/1621208489547685892?t=pvfhaR5rvdQVBlX3SEFV2w&s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It’s fine. My friends do the same, pack personal bowls only. That way the last guy in the rotation doesn’t get hosed over

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Having visited Texas frequently, but only in the Spring and Summer, freezing to death was not one of the possible ways to die in Texas I'd ever considered.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1621248596094996487?s=20&t=y2bZuWcRVZQSIxaQPlTNxg

I would have guessed heat stroke, traffic accident, or gun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Freaquency posted:

100%. I bought an induction burner because boiling water on a gas stove takes for-loving-ever and by the time we moved I was cooking almost everything on it.

Sounds like you had a weak rear end gas burner.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Having visited Texas frequently, but only in the Spring and Summer, freezing to death was not one of the possible ways to die in Texas I'd ever considered.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1621248596094996487?s=20&t=y2bZuWcRVZQSIxaQPlTNxg
I'm sure Twitter people outside Texas are dunking on ERCOT, and ERCOT should always get dunked on, but Austin's blackouts are from tree limbs hitting lines. Austin City Hall fought Austin Energy over tree trimming and "won". This is what they won.

Same fight happened in the 90s and 00s in Houston and then after Hurricane Ike in 08 it took three weeks to remove all the trees and tree limbs from power lines. Now Centerpoint, our utility company, trims the hell out of trees. Ask my poor mangled white oak in the backyard :(

Either way, line crews in Houston are gonna get massive OT this weekend. Just cold rain for us.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 2, 2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wandler20 posted:

Induction will always beat gas, always

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/offbeatorbit/status/1621208489547685892?t=pvfhaR5rvdQVBlX3SEFV2w&s=19

Maybe makes sense with not great weed, but given how powerful stuff is nowadays I wouldn’t do an entire bowl solo unless I planned on spending the next 6 hours in existential crisis and dread, I may just be getting soft in my old age though

Edit: FWIW when I briefly lived in Australia 15 years ago we didn’t smoke bowls it was joints, and they were definitely passed around the circle

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Skwirl posted:

I would have guessed heat stroke, traffic accident, or gun.

Drake no: freezing to death

Drake yes: freedom to death

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

When it comes to narcotics my bag has always been uppers rather than weed so I'm not an expert but I have mostly seen joints with a bit of spin- I.e. weed and tobacco mixed together that we just passed around to smooth out the edges but I have seen some stoners just packing their own.

Like someone said we don't exactly get this pharmaceutical grade weed that's been gross bred and enhanced to have the power of Mike Tyson's left hook. It was mostly just bought from a dude someone knows and grown on a farm by either some hippie or bikie in a grow house.

My thc oil I have prescribed is pretty strong and consistent though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m thinking about fluffy rolls and biscuits.

Steam coming off when you slice ‘em in half.

Delicious.

Girlfriend brought me a whole rear end box full of regular and chocolate croissants they made in their pastry class this week

I was gonna roll with the five pounds I lost from covid but that’s probably coming back on quick now :v:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have been laughing uncontrollably at this

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1621278780600848384?t=_XXcQkCbrOBPVjJGtnZWjg&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I caught a part of Bomani Jones' new HBO show and it feels like it's trying to be like Bill Maher... but just isn't as funny. At least I don't think that Bomani's a terrible person like Bill though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

But even with gas it doesn't take long. I guess I have 22k btu burners so that's probably why I never noticed it taking long at all to boil water.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

:wrong:

Pron on VHS posted:

That’s right:

quote:

Food cooks faster. No other technology we’ve tested is speedier than induction. It cuts out the intermediate step of heating up an element and then transferring the heat to the pot. Compared with electric or gas, it cooks more quickly when you turn up the heat and responds faster when you dial it back down. You’ll find that 6 quarts of water will approach a boil 2 to 4 minutes sooner than on a gas or electric stove, which can definitely be helpful when you’re making dinner on a busy weeknight.

There are things that gas does better (anything in a wok for instance) bot how quickly it heats up pretty much can’t be beat.

That snippet from Consumer Reports also leaves out that you lose a decent amount of heat around the sides of the pot and burner, even if your cookware is sized appropriately since that’s how air works.

e: oh yeah, if you have a 22k BTU unit then you’re not going to have as much of a problem getting water up to temp. Most home ranges cap out at 18k BTUs.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1621282680108208128?s=46&t=BmOMOkIv_hMyZauMQ3uZzw

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

Girlfriend brought me a whole rear end box full of regular and chocolate croissants they made in their pastry class this week

I was gonna roll with the five pounds I lost from covid but that’s probably coming back on quick now :v:

This post was a roller coaster of emotion, reading each word.

Significant other in a party class sounds dank!!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This post was a roller coaster of emotion, reading each word.

Significant other in a party class sounds dank!!

She also works at a bakery and sometimes brings me sour dough and cheese bread and croissants and kouign amanns and poo poo made by extremely pro bakers it owns

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

She also works at a bakery and sometimes brings me sour dough and cheese bread and croissants and kouign amanns and poo poo made by extremely pro bakers it owns

It warms my soul that you have such a wonderful significant other, comrade :)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gas stoves are the shiiiiiiit if you care about cooking and I will have one the moment I can afford to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

I caught a part of Bomani Jones' new HBO show and it feels like it's trying to be like Bill Maher... but just isn't as funny. At least I don't think that Bomani's a terrible person like Bill though.

Less funny than Bill Maher sounds loving dire.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Can’t wait for the GDT.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why can’t they stop this???

But there’s likely little the state can do because while the state mandates that certain topics be taught, it does not govern details of what home school can and cannot include.

In Ohio, parents who want to home school their children must notify the local school district and provide 900 hours of instruction per year on a range of subjects including language, reading, geography, math and science. They also must provide an assessment of student work.

In a statement, Stephanie K. Siddens, Ohio’s interim superintendent of public instruction, condemned the Nazi home-schoolers but said nothing about how they might be stopped.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1621282093463396352

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 3, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I kinda think we should just kill people who unironically say "Hitler was right." I'm generally opposed to capital punishment and I don't think every racist deserves death, and obviously if there was some law that punished racism with death it would mostly be used to execute black people for calling someone "Karen." But if it was restricted entirely to executing people who think Hitler had some good ideas and were vocal about it I think we'd be better off without those people being around.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Why can’t they stop this???

But there’s likely little the state can do because while the state mandates that certain topics be taught, it does not govern details of what home school can and cannot include.

In Ohio, parents who want to home school their children must notify the local school district and provide 900 hours of instruction per year on a range of subjects including language, reading, geography, math and science. They also must provide an assessment of student work.

In a statement, Stephanie K. Siddens, Ohio’s interim superintendent of public instruction, condemned the Nazi home-schoolers but said nothing about how they might be stopped.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1621282093463396352

Cause they produce the best aero scientists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

Cause they produce the best aero scientists.

There are no scientists coming out of that home.