Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Old news!

Gotta keep up man!

:blastu::murica:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Is it? Says it happened at 12:40 am on January 30th, and looking back at the thread I am not seeing it and don't have anyone ignored?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Exactly! That's like, 2 or 3 mass shootings ago.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I thought we covered cop murder too? The last page is a paraplegic being gunned down by police. Also why aren't the mass shootings in the thread

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

It was a joke about the depressingly high rate of mass/cop shootings in this country. And I'm not looking the average numbers up because then I'd have to admit I probably guessed low.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tenkaris posted:

Is it? Says it happened at 12:40 am on January 30th, and looking back at the thread I am not seeing it and don't have anyone ignored?

Hmmm, I could be mistaken. I do remember the story though. I mean, chances are something exactly like that happened recently too because..... well USA.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
sorry: the car was driving at them in an aggressive manner so they shot him in the back of the head? am i reading this right?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

InsertPotPun posted:

sorry: the car was driving at them in an aggressive manner so they shot him in the back of the head? am i reading this right?

Exactly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That car was no saint.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Speaking of cursed things

https://twitter.com/becausemiami/status/1621240801807187968?s=46&t=MTky-falg3uy8-cfTliDVw

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wow. Just. Wow.

Deliberate or stupidity? It's Florida so it could go wither way.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol that makes the player flair halo is kicking out this month look overwhelmingly sincere

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got this email from a range I used to go to.

Yeah ok. Hero training.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

All you need to know: Take the phrase "just post" and replace the word post with "start blastin."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It should be a 5 second class.

Run.

You are not a hero and you are not trained to do this and an 8 hour class (with lunch) will not prepare you for anything close to a mass shooter situation and there is a non-zero chance that you'll injure or kill an innocent person.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
Hopefully there’s a short section about being killed by the police when they show up even though you are CLEARLY the good guy blasting into a crowd.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Vim Fuego posted:

Imposter Syndrome: A guy on his way to do a mass shooting inadvertently becomes "the good guy with a gun" when the first person he shoots is a mass shooter. His life changes and all his problems are solved but can he handle his deep seated guilt and the knowledge that he's a fraud?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Wasn't there a discussion about this earlier ITT, or was that somewhere else? I don't know if there are statistics to support it, but it seems to me that the open-carry nut covered in guns would be the first guy a mass shooter would want to get rid of?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It should be a 5 second class.

Run.

You are not a hero and you are not trained to do this and an 8 hour class (with lunch) will not prepare you for anything close to a mass shooter situation and there is a non-zero chance that you'll injure or kill an innocent person.

That lunch better be drat good, since it's the only thing you're really getting for that $120

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mister Speaker posted:

Wasn't there a discussion about this earlier ITT, or was that somewhere else? I don't know if there are statistics to support it, but it seems to me that the open-carry nut covered in guns would be the first guy a mass shooter would want to get rid of?

imo there is exactly 1 reason to open carry a firearm.

Intimidation. That's it. That's the positive.

There are a whole lot of potential negative consequences though. You are now the #1 target.

*comeandtakeitjeep.jpeg*

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, true. I have my suspicions of people who CCW as well, but open-carry is absolutely some ridiculous insecure poo poo. If I ever found myself in your country in some wack-rear end OC state, in line behind some doofus like this for a coffee, it'd probably become a problem because IDK if I'd be able to help myself from laughing.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

gently caress all republicans.

These pins seem like a great way to signal who's completely in the pocket of the gun lobby.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'm in canada if you guys want I can bing search 'how to do a revolution' for you and post the results here so you don't show up on any lists

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

https://twitter.com/fox12oregon/status/1621221990408327168?t=LXqngM3BViv7FCSHfVlJyw&s=19

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Speaker posted:

These pins seem like a great way to signal who's completely in the pocket of the gun lobby.

That's what the "R" in front of their name means.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

i can't believe someone would vandalize a perfectly good wall with some cop's names.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mister Speaker posted:

i mean the irony is always super obvious that if they didn't live in such a secure part of the world that someone would simply clonk them on the back of the head and steal their expensive poo poo, but for some reason no one ever points this out to the heavily armed men twitching if you come within 6 feet of them.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JacobDCharles/status/1621236459842981888

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can we just start again from scratch please?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
maybe we should just let Trump build a wall all around the usa, roof and all, and then never talk about it ever again.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

flubber nuts posted:

can we just start again from scratch please?

Current policies will lead to a complete social reset within the century. The politicians are doing exactly what you want.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hot take here guys but the legal system in the United States is loving stupid. Love to base all my laws in the year 2023 on what a bunch of dudes 1787 thought was best. Things haven't changed since then and our understanding of things is still the same as it ever was so this is all great. Great.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
but they wrote it down and signed their names!

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hot take here guys but the legal system in the United States is loving stupid. Love to base all my laws in the year 2023 on what a bunch of dudes 1787 thought was best. Things haven't changed since then and our understanding of things is still the same as it ever was so this is all great. Great.

The fifth circuit are nuts. They're making it easier to murder your partner if you have a slight disagreement which is insane. But hey, that's where we are.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Luckily there's the SC to keep decisions like these in check!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Actually, it’s based on what we claim a bunch of dudes in 1787 thought was best, which coincidentally is “whatever I personally think is best when bringing them up in an argument”.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It also borrows heavily from Roman Republic, a system that totally didn't collapse into authoritarianism as soon as a few guys stopped following the rules without repercussions

naem
May 29, 2011

the ironic thing about mass shooter training is that future shooters are attending

there is not some shadowy stranger lurking to appear out of the darkness to shoot people it’s fellow students and coworkers with mental health problems

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

naem posted:

the ironic thing about mass shooter training is that future shooters are attending

there is not some shadowy stranger lurking to appear out of the darkness to shoot people it’s fellow students and coworkers with mental health problems

Maybe that’s the trick, they just mass arrest everyone who shows up to the training.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

beautiful.

at my beach they have plaques on certain benches that were donated by locals and i removed all the pig ones that literally said BLUE BLOODS (there were two) and threw them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
God Bless the United Shates --

https://twitter.com/FireTrumpToday/status/1621306284934074370