Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

would love a playable fem beast race that isn’t tall sexy/cute or short sexy/cute ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Surely someone has the Au Ra reversed gender dimorphism tweet on hand

aers
Feb 15, 2012

making the f hroth anything other than a midlander with different bone scaling requires them to make a new version of every single piece of gear in the game

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

aers posted:

making the f hroth anything other than a midlander with different bone scaling requires them to make a new version of every single piece of gear in the game

Maybe they'll share the lalafel skeleton.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

aers posted:

i namedropped the charr before but i'd be entirely for them sharing the m hroth skeleton

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Maybe they'll share the lalafel skeleton.

I believe that'd be an entire playable race of Dulia-Chais, which, y'know, fine with me

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Btw every child model in the game? Technically a male midlander.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

does that make Zero a large child

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Zenos is technically a "monster" (Aka custom model).

[edit] Oh wait, Zero, lol.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Just give the male model an underwear top. EZ PZ.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Sunday Morning posted:

Just give the male model an underwear top. EZ PZ.

"So it turns out Hrothgar are true eusocial creatures and non-reproductive worker females are outwardly indistinguishable from males, so here's a Hrothgar with a sports bra. Also we made a few more cute anime hairstyles"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

There's a bunch of characters that are their own model from what I can tell based on trying to put regular clothes on them with mods. The various iterations of Zenos for instance, his clothes are locked to him, you can't just put the summer vacation shirt on him. Gaia is the same, her outfit is just built into her model, you can't change her into regular player clothes. Some Scions like Y'shtola mostly use player model but with unique faces. Y'shtola's face is unique but is tied to one of the other player face options and just overrides it I think. Alphinaud and Alisae both share a male body, so gender locked clothes you can put both of them in men's only outfits but not women.

Then you have a characters like Tataru, or Godbert or I think even Graha who you can just completely recreate with what the players get.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Don't think players can get as red as G'raha?

Edit: crooked backs and necks put me off male viera, fhroth better have good posture.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/MiliesYam/status/1621006759535202304

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

There was a brief moment in time where the servers didn't validate the input for hair color and would allow you to set colors unavailable for players to select via memory manipulation.

At least one person in a FFXIV thread of old had such a character and it was amazing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Macaluso posted:

There's a bunch of characters that are their own model from what I can tell based on trying to put regular clothes on them with mods. The various iterations of Zenos for instance, his clothes are locked to him, you can't just put the summer vacation shirt on him. Gaia is the same, her outfit is just built into her model, you can't change her into regular player clothes. Some Scions like Y'shtola mostly use player model but with unique faces. Y'shtola's face is unique but is tied to one of the other player face options and just overrides it I think. Alphinaud and Alisae both share a male body, so gender locked clothes you can put both of them in men's only outfits but not women.

Then you have a characters like Tataru, or Godbert or I think even Graha who you can just completely recreate with what the players get.

Yeah in PBC for a while we had a Godbert cosplayer but I haven't heard from them in a while, maybe a mod made them change, maybe they got tired of the gimmick, maybe they moved to TPT. I don't know.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Emzedoh posted:

Don't think players can get as red as G'raha?

Edit: crooked backs and necks put me off male viera, fhroth better have good posture.

G’raha is mostly player available assets, but the Allagan eyes are more red than the player has access too, yeah.

Estinien is also 100% player assets other than his two hair styles.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Galaga Galaxian posted:

He's actually a Mount, not a monster. But still a custom model.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah in PBC for a while we had a Godbert cosplayer but I haven't heard from them in a while, maybe a mod made them change, maybe they got tired of the gimmick, maybe they moved to TPT. I don't know.

Probably just got tired of the gimmick, I see Godberts all the time. People live running around the naked Manderville Man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RME posted:

There’s even fewer skeletons than I thought in this game

They gotta keep it legal in China.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Incidentally the Scions actually have player faces model-wise, the reason they have custom faces is just for their textures i.e. the Archon tats and Y’shtola’s eyes from HW on.

This is why there are very convincing Thancreds and Uriangers and such among players.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

hopeandjoy posted:

Incidentally the Scions actually have player faces model-wise, the reason they have custom faces is just for their textures i.e. the Archon tats and Y’shtola’s eyes from HW on.

This is why there are very convincing Thancreds and Uriangers and such among players.

I think Y'shtola actually does have a full on unique face compared to the others though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Colors are weird because of my gif-maker, but Sidewinder is the coolest animation that never gets seen because you're always weaving it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Macaluso posted:

I think Y'shtola actually does have a full on unique face compared to the others though.

She does have a unique face model in her character data, but its a customized version of one of the face models players can pick. I'm not even sure whats that unique about it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

She does have a unique face model in her character data, but its a customized version of one of the face models players can pick. I'm not even sure whats that unique about it.

Neck tattoos and then later eye textures, as said before.

Just like G’raha technically has a custom face but the only custom parts are his tats and eyes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I thought textures, eye options at least, could be done independently of face model?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Are those things in G'raha's hair technically a hat, then? I thought he just had a customized version of that hairstyle.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cabbit posted:

Are those things in G'raha's hair technically a hat, then? I thought he just had a customized version of that hairstyle.

No that’s a custom hair. You can tell because the braid is better modeled than the og one.

His ARR model and Exarch models use the player version though (with a custom gradient on the Exarch).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
And of course, the classic: most Garleans are a hyur or elezen body with a different head slapped on top. With varying levels of and sources of 'uniqueness'; Varis' face is a modified Xaela.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cleretic posted:

And of course, the classic: most Garleans are a hyur or elezen body with a different head slapped on top. With varying levels of and sources of 'uniqueness'; Varis' face is a modified Xaela.

And Solus, the one time we see him in Bozja, is Varis with two Ramuh beards stuck on him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Once you learn that Nero is an elezen wearing a different head you really can't stop seeing it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Cleretic posted:

Fun fact, Aymeric and Edmont are also modified m!Au Ra heads.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bruceski posted:

Colors are weird because of my gif-maker, but Sidewinder is the coolest animation that never gets seen because you're always weaving it.

wait do you snap your fingers as the explosion goes off?

that loving rules

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yugiri with her mask on is a catgirl beneath it because they hadn’t finished the Au Ra models yet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Fran's not a player-character race Viera, either.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FuturePastNow posted:

does that make Zero a large child

I believe Zero uses a female midlander model, has a custom face, but actually uses male midlander animations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

RME posted:

There’s even fewer skeletons than I thought in this game

Figuring out which rig is being reused is always a fun game when there's a new enemy type in a dungeon or raid. Omega being a Gigantoad is probably the best one, but there are also a lot of Zurvans and Sephirots around in the various post-HW raids.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Funky Valentine posted:

Once you learn that Nero is an elezen wearing a different head you really can't stop seeing it.

Actually most of the really tall Garleans use the elezen skeleton. Livia, Gaius etc

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Xerophyte posted:

Figuring out which rig is being reused is always a fun game when there's a new enemy type in a dungeon or raid. Omega being a Gigantoad is probably the best one, but there are also a lot of Zurvans and Sephirots around in the various post-HW raids.

A lot of Shivas, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Other than Cid, I think they were all Elezen until Endwalker too, right?