Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

just a heads up character's SP is on their stat pane in the menu right under Build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i like that ivy has terminal depression and her two retainers are a guy who posts on 2000s era internet forums and sword jock

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Hargrimm posted:

A lot of people seem to really like Ivy, but I just got one look at her insanely stupid wrist-spikes and face-grille design and said no. Maybe I'll use her on my second playthrough.

your loss

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The spikes and the grill are the best things about her design hth

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I firmly believe she designed her entire outfit herself. Sat on the floor surrounded by singed lace and ribbons melting glue with a fire tome until she got the perfect fit on her fascinator.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHKz8neg7w8

Can't wait for this mod stuff to grow, it's only week 2

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 3, 2023

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ivy is the primary reason that I wished you could use castle outfits in battle because her veil is cool but the face grill thing is too silly for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Metis about to come in and say "it's called a fascinator you fool"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think the fascinator fits her vibe, and the spikes rule. Looking forward to roasting fools with my goth princess/queen malig knight.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Chapter 23 story

So much of this story could have been avoided if Zephia wasn't the worst surrogate mother imaginable. Also; am I supposed to pity her now? No. Not even a little bit.

Ivy is the only character whose look I changed. Everybody else I found I just preferred their base style or didn't care. Not Ivy though. Call it a fascinator if you want, it's a face-grill.

Also: Is the Tiki map the only available DLC atm?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ChrisBTY posted:

Chapter 23 story

So much of this story could have been avoided if Zephia wasn't the worst surrogate mother imaginable. Also; am I supposed to pity her now? No. Not even a little bit.

Ivy is the only character whose look I changed. Everybody else I found I just preferred their base style or didn't care. Not Ivy though. Call it a fascinator if you want, it's a face-grill.

Also: Is the Tiki map the only available DLC atm?

Also the 3houses emblem bracelet

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

none of you have ever worked in a craft shop where you had to clean up all the glitter and feathers from the hat section and it shows

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ChrisBTY posted:

Chapter 23 story

In hindsight her whole thing is that Zephia learns about the concepts of "family" and "children" from Sombron, who describes them as desirable because they're both useful and unerringly loyal, and disposes of them if and when they fail to meet one or both of those criteria. So yeah Zephia did love the Hounds but her idea of what "love" for one's family even is ends distorted because of Sombron, which is why she kills Marni and turns on Mauvier once she feels they've stopped being loyal. It's only at the very end when Griss and her are dying that she realizes her love for them extended beyond utilitarianism.

That said I agree it absolutely could have been executed better. I think the Hounds really suffer from having most of their characterization shoved into the end game even though they had plenty of opportunities to do more with them while they were blasting off again chapter after chapter, and Sombron really hurts for getting virtually zero screen time pre-endgame outside of Ch. 10.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ch 23 yeah i think the idea of the hounds is neat but their execution is a bit fumbled. itd help also if we got to see any scenes of them really being family. we get the scenes where they're gaslighting veyle but, well, thats the stuff where they're gaslighting veyle.

and honestly making only one of them recruitable and its the one that was obviously the most normal and least crazy from minute one kinda undermines their own message. like gently caress it, why not let marni be recruited. seeing her try and navigate all the hosed up stuff she did would be more interesting than her just being sad when she died. heck, it being her that got recruited instead of mauvier would be a neat twist. have her be the one trying to make the sacrifice play for the person she sees as more noble and worthy of redemption than her but then things dont play out that way and she has to live with it.

even with the game's more simplistic storytelling you could fit an angle like that in i think

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Endorph posted:

ch 23 yeah i think the idea of the hounds is neat but their execution is a bit fumbled. itd help also if we got to see any scenes of them really being family. we get the scenes where they're gaslighting veyle but, well, thats the stuff where they're gaslighting veyle.

and honestly making only one of them recruitable and its the one that was obviously the most normal and least crazy from minute one kinda undermines their own message. like gently caress it, why not let marni be recruited. seeing her try and navigate all the hosed up stuff she did would be more interesting than her just being sad when she died. heck, it being her that got recruited instead of mauvier would be a neat twist. have her be the one trying to make the sacrifice play for the person she sees as more noble and worthy of redemption than her but then things dont play out that way and she has to live with it.

even with the game's more simplistic storytelling you could fit an angle like that in i think

i wanted marni to be recruitable simply because her supports would've been absolutely unhinged. ...So, you know, she'd fit in perfectly with the rest of the lunatics on the somniel. :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
based on datamining, there's very plausible speculation (but not true confirmation) that the other three hounds will be playable in DLC. Which, if true, kind of sucks that they held it back for the DLC. There's like, a handful of spots where they do the conquest thing of leaving something unexplored so they can charge you thirty bucks for it. Never even remotely as bad as Conquest about it, of course, but it still is a little annoying

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
griss being playable would have also been extremely funny. hell yeah dude, i will fuel your masochism for my own benefit

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

With the power of DLC, perhaps Griss will someday get to live the Nostank life he clearly craves.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
My guess is that if we get to play the hounds it’s a pre/side/interquel thing like the Deliverance dlc for echoes or Wolf campaign for Houses. We play as them doing stuff “off camera” as it were.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
IS needs to stop being cowards and give us Bolting since we have something similar already with Astra Storm.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally, I've done it. I've unlocked fishing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It makes hanging out in the base all worthwhile

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hargrimm posted:

A lot of people seem to really like Ivy, but I just got one look at her insanely stupid wrist-spikes and face-grille design and said no. Maybe I'll use her on my second playthrough.

I appreciate that if she dares to look down, she'll stab through her jaw with that neck spike. Fantastic design, no notes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Alright, tried to make Alfred work on my maddening run, absolutely gave up when Amber had better stats at the same level. More importantly, Alfred after being in every single battle had like 400 sp.

Amber came with 800 sp.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Alfred is okay, he's a good candidate for Ike tbh. He's the tanky cavalier.

Also I made Alcryst into a warrior for the better str gains but at what cost... he looks absolutely atrocious.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

cheetah7071 posted:

based on datamining, there's very plausible speculation (but not true confirmation) that the other three hounds will be playable in DLC. Which, if true, kind of sucks that they held it back for the DLC. There's like, a handful of spots where they do the conquest thing of leaving something unexplored so they can charge you thirty bucks for it. Never even remotely as bad as Conquest about it, of course, but it still is a little annoying

More about it in this Serenes post.From what's presented, I do agree that these seem to be alternate versions of the Hounds rather than the people themselves. Or they're pulling a Quattro and they're the Hounds wearing sunglasses and talking very unconvincingly about not being the Hounds. This is why you're not allowed to wear accessories in cutscenes, because otherwise you could take the sunglasses off.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This game needs an SP refund option. I bought Wrath for Panette but I'm never going to take Ike off of her so that's a wasted 2000 SP I'll never get back

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Ometeotl posted:

This game needs an SP refund option. I bought Wrath for Panette but I'm never going to take Ike off of her so that's a wasted 2000 SP I'll never get back

It's me, the person who bought The chain attack skill for people who cant chain attack in their class.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

FrickenMoron posted:

Alfred is okay, he's a good candidate for Ike tbh. He's the tanky cavalier.

Also I made Alcryst into a warrior for the better str gains but at what cost... he looks absolutely atrocious.

I left him as the French arrow man and he's absolutely devastating, but he's also a massive downer so I dropped him lol

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Tae posted:

Alright, tried to make Alfred work on my maddening run, absolutely gave up when Amber had better stats at the same level. More importantly, Alfred after being in every single battle had like 400 sp.

Amber came with 800 sp.

generally you should try and give more than 100 (or 200 with a bond ring) xp to a unit that you want to use, independent of that being how you give them sp.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

He just looks miserable.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

He just looks miserable.

Well of course he’s miserable, you took away his fancy shirt and made him stand in the cold desert night.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

To be fair, Alcryst always look miserable.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FrickenMoron posted:

It's me, the person who bought The chain attack skill for people who cant chain attack in their class.

I also might have done this but I have nothing else I wanted to buy for that character so it's a useless wash anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Alcryst single handedly destroys an entire air wing of deadly enemies "why am I such a stupid loser!?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JBP posted:

Alcryst single handedly destroys an entire air wing of deadly enemies "why am I such a stupid loser!?"

I can relate to that.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Alcryst's unique promotion gets Luna and he has crazy high dex so it procs all the time. I don't think Warrior is worth it for the potential of a little bit of strength.

Ometeotl posted:

Did the exact same thing.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

He gets +4 str at base after reclassing as well, which is quite a lot. And even in the endgame he's only gonna have like, 30+ dex. Personally I'd rather have the str bonus that's always there

Warrior is also backup type, so you can do fun things with longbows proccing chain attacks

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FrickenMoron posted:

Yep, did this too :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is Fogado, and his unique class good? Not sure what it's wanting to do with the counter skill... wondering if he wouldn't be better off as a warrior.