Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DaysBefore posted:

Know No Fear did so much to redeem the Ultramarines it's amazing

yeah, i like the idea of the ultramarines being exmplars to other legions and then always having to live up to that and it leads to really dumb poo poo but also them actually growing from gently caress ups and addopting to tactics and are generally likable and want to help normal people for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Dog_Meat posted:

"Not even close to all seventeen - four or five at best" :black101:
Undercut slightly when he loses to Kor Phaeron later in the same scene. I think that's the only time a primarch gets beaten by a non-primarch.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Anything been said about what Black Library does with all these authors once the Heresy is done? Let them loose on the up to date 40k (41k?) setting, or filling in the blanks on another historical arc?

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Which authors are Heresy only?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DaysBefore posted:

Know No Fear did so much to redeem the Ultramarines it's amazing

It really owns

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Know No Fear is the book that got me invested in Black LIbrary stuff.

So yes, it has a lot to answer for. :colbert:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Anything been said about what Black Library does with all these authors once the Heresy is done? Let them loose on the up to date 40k (41k?) setting, or filling in the blanks on another historical arc?

For the most part, the Heresy is basically completed. All we have left are two Abnett tales about the actual defeat of Horus. I suspect the hardest thing they'll have to deal with is making sure the stories can keep up with their overall narrative. I mean even know reading some of the older content feels strange compared to the more "modern" stuff because of things like Primaris and Robute being back. Or books set ostensibly after the Great Rift appearing but not acknowledging it (I think one of the Cain books is the main offender.)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

My big worry is that the next series will be The Scouring because there's still a bunch of Primarchs around. Even that dumb rear end ork thing they did managed to shove one of the big boring bastards in.

While the Heresy as a whole has been a lot more down than up for me, I do really like the idea of the big collaborative effort with the whole BL team. A Great Rift-centred series would be alright despite the existence of Primarchs, but I'd really love a full look at the Badab War or maybe one of those weird Imperial civil wars that only get mentioned in passing like the Nova Terra Interregnum

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Given that recent interview where they’ve said they’re planning on moving the setting and lore for 40K forward to a degree that they’ve never done before, I suspect BL will be geared towards producing stuff for that post-HH/SoT. I’d much rather see stuff on the Scouring or, even better, a full Badab War series of books but that seems unlikely, sadly.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Rangdan Xenocides.

Though we won't get that because the lost legions were involved

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 1, 2023

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Calax posted:

For the most part, the Heresy is basically completed. All we have left are two Abnett tales about the actual defeat of Horus. I suspect the hardest thing they'll have to deal with is making sure the stories can keep up with their overall narrative. I mean even know reading some of the older content feels strange compared to the more "modern" stuff because of things like Primaris and Robute being back. Or books set ostensibly after the Great Rift appearing but not acknowledging it (I think one of the Cain books is the main offender.)
IIRC all of them are being written well after it and just do not acknowledge it's existence at all.

ETA: :airquote: "written" :airquote:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Just give me some loving Votann novels already

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Really astonishingly good book, especially given the use of present tense throughout

IIRC one of the chapters opened with "It is raining battle tanks..." and it perfectly set the tone for the scale of the disaster that was unfolding.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Telsa Cola posted:

Rangdan Xenocides.

Though we won't get that because the lost legions were involved

We get Rangdan Xenocide books but most of the book is just blacked out.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Pyrolocutus posted:

We get Rangdan Xenocide books but most of the book is just blacked out.

It would be really loving funny if there was just one chapter that's just all redacted.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

It would be really loving funny if there was just one chapter that's just all redacted.

Get Henry Zou to write it and redact everything that gets hit by a copyright strike.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Something interesting from ADB's introduction in the new Armageddon limited edition that just released:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

*to be released 2028

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

'..Grimaldus waved once from the back of the Repulsor as it flashed past and rapidly vanished around the corner.....'

Still counts. :colbert:

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
Has Grimaldus crossed the rubicon?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Nuclear War posted:

The rubicon dare not to cross Grimaldus.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nuclear War posted:

He gets angrier and angrier and as such gets bigger and bigger instead.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Z the IVth posted:

He gets angrier and angrier and as such gets bigger and bigger instead.

He breathed in too many Ork spores and is now anger-powered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

'..Grimaldus waved once from the back of the Repulsor as it flashed past and rapidly vanished around the corner.....'

Still counts. :colbert:

lol

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

D-Pad posted:

Something interesting from ADB's introduction in the new Armageddon limited edition that just released:

That's one hell of a political statement for GW to make alright.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

I don't get it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
black templars are the evenmorefash space marines, celestial lions are the black space marines

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Biplane posted:

I don't get it
Tyrone is in Northern Ireland.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

Tyrone is in Northern Ireland.

Aha! ADB confirmed revolutionary?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Grimaldus refuses to shatter his Black Templars and crosses the imperium nihlius to prove he is ALWAYS BEIN CRUSADIN. Talos kids warband gets caught over there too for plot reasons.

Grimmaldus and Decimus or whatever the kids name is, let's goooooo the buddy cops together 2 survive in a movie you didn't know you needed.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

All I'm really getting here is that Tim Heidecker should play Grimaldus.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Black Griffon posted:

All I'm really getting here is that Tim Heidecker should play Grimaldus.

Eric Wareheim is also a black templar and just in the background saying and doing nothing in every shot also.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

What novels should I pick up for Old World Dwarfs? Non-Gotrek novels, that is.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

S.J. posted:

What novels should I pick up for Old World Dwarfs? Non-Gotrek novels, that is.

Gav Thorpe and Nick Kyme have a four book series listed on Amazon as Masters of Stone and Steel, plus the Grudgelore history book now out of print.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

bagrada posted:

Gav Thorpe and Nick Kyme have a four book series listed on Amazon as Masters of Stone and Steel, plus the Grudgelore history book now out of print.

Sick, thanks. Trying to narrow some of this down on the BL website is... not very convenient.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They have the omnibus eBook of that Thorpe/Kyme series here if you still need it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Thank you!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Keeble decided to go "weird little guy voice" for 80% of the characters in The Outcast Dead and it's been somewhat confusing at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

also Kiron and Gythua absolutely hosed