Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess Ibushi news belongs here now

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/252765?page=1

RIZIN want Ibushi to fight Manny Pacquiao lmao

Tokyo Sports also speculates that RIZIN might use Ibushi as the centrepiece for a new pro wrestling division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lily Catts posted:

UPDATE: I got tickets for both days!!

:dance: I expect a full trip report.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Lol

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I think my Holy Grail for Mochizuki would be the Mochizuki Produce shows that he ran across 2007 through 2009 & then again in 2011.

Hey not sure if you're still looking for this (and to be honest i'm surprised I even remembered this post from three years ago to search for it) but I was scrolling through vk and saw that someone had uploaded the 2007 one last month, although I haven't watched through to see how cut up it is. Think I might have to have that group bookmarked, there's some wild stuff got uploaded recently

https://vk.com/video-5899799_456246431

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Hey not sure if you're still looking for this (and to be honest i'm surprised I even remembered this post from three years ago to search for it) but I was scrolling through vk and saw that someone had uploaded the 2007 one last month, although I haven't watched through to see how cut up it is. Think I might have to have that group bookmarked, there's some wild stuff got uploaded recently

https://vk.com/video-5899799_456246431

Neat!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Muto reportedly tore his hamstring in his final match as Muta lamo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

🫡

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Muto reportedly tore his hamstring in his final match as Muta lamo
It would be hilarious if he can't do his retirement show after how much money has been spent on it

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Torn hamstring sucks but it can heal on it's own depending on the severity. If it's partially torn (grade 2) he could theoretically do his retirement match with a heavy compression wrap/brace and start the match with some chain wrestling, tag out, let everyone else get their poo poo in, tag in, do a spot or two, tag out, walk and brawl on the outside, then tag in for the finish.

If it's a full (Grade 3) tear, then he may need surgery and months of recovery time.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 2, 2023

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When is his singles match with Naito again?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Feb 22nd!

Charisma is gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting for this match as it's a singles and Muto/Naito have lots but still this gonna be a struggle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

When is his singles match with Naito again?

A little over two weeks away

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Feb 22nd!

Charisma is gonna have to do a lot of heavy lifting for this match as it's a singles and Muto/Naito have lots but still this gonna be a struggle

In fairness that was always going to be the case. Besides, the show is all about seeing Miyahara & Nakajima beat the gently caress out of each other for me.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Muto's knees have been held together with chewing gum and a child's wish for at least the past decade, so I'm not sure how this is any different.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Some big shows this weekend, we've got Stardom in Osaka with 3 title matches and BIG HASH, CHIHIRO HASHIMOTO COMES TO TOWN TOO. All Japan give us a show that has MOTY potential with Kento vs Yuma in the main event & then also has Atsushi Onita & Yoshitatsu challenging NOSAWA & Kendo Kashin in what has the potential to be among the largest swings in quality from co-main to main event in wrestling history, which is fun. Talking of fun, Atsuki Aoyagi vs Kotaro Suzuki should be good too. We also have New Japan in Hokkaido for a show which could have some fun moments, with Taichi vs Ospreay & Naito vs Umino both having high ceilings. Sunday has more New Japan in Sapporo & this time 3 title matches, & NOAH run Korakuen with a National title match. Oh, & DDT are booking the Ronald McDonald wrestler. And then during the week there's very little to sink your teeth into. Big Japan are finally at the semi-final stage of their Tag League, the 2022 Tag League which started back in September somehow. Dragongate have a couple of shows at the weekend that will probably see the Rey de Parejas matches uploaded to either Youtube or DG Network, but they won't be live.

4/2/2023, Saturday

12pm JST/2pm AEST/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #290
Ichigaya Chocolate Square
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

3pm JST/5pm AEST/6am GMT/1am EST/10pm PST

Stardom 12th Anniversary Supreme Fight 2023
EDION Arena I, Osaka
Triangle Derby I: Classmates (Hazuki, Koguma & Saya Iida) vs Unique Glare (Haruka Umesaki, Ruaka & Starlight Kid)
God's Eye (Ami Sourei, Konami & Syuri) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C & Utami Hayashishita)
Chihiro Hashimoto vs MIRAI
Naniwa Roulette: Mai Sakurai vs Mariah May vs Mayu Iwatani vs Mina Shirakawa vs Miyu Amasaki vs Momo Kohgo vs Momoka Hanazono vs Natsuko Tora vs Natsupoi vs Saki Kashima vs Tam Nakano vs Thekla vs Waka Tsukiyama vs Yuna Mizumori vs X
Goddess of Stardom Titles: 7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu)(c) vs MaiHime (Himeka & Maika)
Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani(c) vs Momo Watanabe
World of Stardom Title: Giulia(c) vs Suzu Suzuki
Show uploaded later to Stardom World but also live on iPPV

4pm JST/6pm AEST/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

All Japan Excite MANIAx
Esforta Arena, Hachioji
Shuji Ishikawa, Yuji Nagata & Yuma Anzai vs Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito, Rei Saito & Suwama)
Black Menso-re, Raijin Yaguchi, Ricky Fuji & SUSHI vs Masao Inoue, Oji Shiiba, Rising HAYATO & Takao Omori
Hokuto Omori & Naruki Doi vs Naoya Nomura & Ryo Inoue
Dan Tamura & Hikaru Sato vs Gungnir of Anarchy (Ryuki Honda & Shotaro Ashino)
PWF Junior Heavyweight Title: Atsuki Aoyagi(c) vs Kotaro Suzuki
All Asia Tag Team Titles Tornado Bunkhouse Current Explosion Deathmatch: Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai(c) vs Atsushi Onita & Yoshitatsu
Triple Crown Title: Kento Miyahara(c) vs Yuma Aoyagi
Live on AJPW TV

5pm JST/7pm AEST/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

New Japan New Beginning in Sapporo Night 1
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center, Sapporo
Great O Khan vs Oskar Leube
El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki, Ren Narita & Ryohei Oiwa vs House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi)
Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI) & Yuto Nakashima vs TMDK (Kosei Fujita, Mikey Nicholls, Shane Haste & Zack Sabre Jr)
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Jay White, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori) vs Hikuleo, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Master Wato & Tama Tonga
Chaos (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & YOH) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs LIJ (BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Shingo Takagi)
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Catch 2/2 (Francesco Akira & TJP)(c) vs Just 4 Guys (DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Taichi vs Will Ospreay
Shota Umino vs Tetsuya Naito
Live on NJPW World

Tokyo Joshi Pro Winter Circuit Night 2
Azalea Taisho, Osaka
Card TBA
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEST/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Sunny Voyage Night 3
Nippon Toter Green Dome Sub Arena, Maebashi
Shuhei Taniguchi vs Taishi Ozawa
Atsushi Kotoge, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Hi69 & Tadasuke)
Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya & Super Crazy vs Naomichi Marufuji, Ninja Mack & Satoshi Kojima
Anthony Greene vs Mohammed Yone
Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya) vs Sugiuragun (El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Takashi Sugiura & Timothy Thatcher)
AMAKUSA, Alejandro & Junta Miyawaki vs Stinger (Chris Ridgeway & Yoshinari Ogawa) & Yasutaka Yano
Good Looking Guys (Jack Morris & Jake Lee) vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura

Also shows from Osaka Pro, Ice Ribbon, Michinoku Pro & Dragongate

5/2/2023, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEST/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #291
Ichigaya Chocolate Square
Live on Youtube

2pm JST/4pm AEST/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

New Japan New Beginning in Sapporo Night 2
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center, Sapporo
Just 4 Guys (DOUKI, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs United Empire (Francesco Akira, Great O Khan, TJP & Will Ospreay)
El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki, Ren Narita & Yuto Nakashima vs House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi)
Bullet Club (KENTA & Taiji Ishimori) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Master Wato
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Gedo & Jay White) vs Hikuleo, Jado & Tama Tonga
Chaos (Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano), Ryusuke Taguchi & Shota Umino vs LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Tag Team Titles: Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)(c) vs TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste)
NJPW World TV Title: Zack Sabre Jr(c) vs Tomohiro Ishii
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title: Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs YOH
Live on NJPW World

4pm JST/6pm AEST/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

DDT Into The Fight Night 1
Azalea Taisho, Osaka
D Generations Cup B Block: Toi Kojima vs Yuki Ishida
D Generations Cup A Block: Kazuma Sumi vs Yuya Koroku
D Generations Cup A Block: Hideki Okatani vs Ilusion
Maku Donaruto & Shunma Katsumata vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino)
Burning (Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Kazuki Hirata) & Yukio Sakaguchi
37KAMIINA (MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Takeshi Masada & Yukio Naya
Chris Brookes & Kazusada Higuchi vs Makoto Oishi & Yuji Hino
DAMNATION TA (KANON & MJ Paul) vs Naruki Doi & Toru Owashi

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Star Navigation Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Kongo (Hi69 & Tadasuke) vs Kinya Okada & Taishi Ozawa
Super Crazy vs Yasutaka Yano
Masaaki Mochizuki & Shuhei Taniguchi vs Sugiuragun (Hideki Suzuki & Timothy Thatcher)
Atsushi Kotoge, Daiki Inaba, Ninja Mack & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Hajime Ohara, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Shuji Kondo)
Masa Kitamiya vs Satoshi Kojima
Good Looking Guys (Anthony Greene, Jack Morris & Jake Lee) vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura
Elimination Tag: Alejandro, AMAKUSA, Junta Miyawaki, Seiki Yoshioka & YO-HEY vs Chris Ridgeway, Daga, Eita, NOSAWA Rongai & Yoshinari Ogawa
GHC National Title: El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr(c) vs Manabu Soya
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Osaka Pro, Heat-Up, Michinoku Pro, Secret Base, Doutonbori Pro, JWP, JTO, 2AW, Kyushu Pro, Dragongate, DIE & Wave

6/2/2023, Monday

Nothing

7/2/2023, Tuesday

Nothing

8/2/2023, Wednesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Big Japan Saikyo Tag League 2022 Night I have honestly lost count
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Kazumi Kikuta & Kazuki Hashimoto vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto & Hideyoshi Kamitani)
Deathmatch: Jaki Numazawa & Ryuji Ito vs Kankuro Hoshino & Yuki Ishikawa
Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazumasa Yoshida vs Kota Sekifuda & Yuya Aoki
Andy Wu, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuji Okabayashi vs Isami Kodaka, Shigehiro Irie & Yuko Miyamoto
Saikyo Tag League Semi-Final: Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Crazy Lovers (Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto)
Saikyo Tag League Semi-Final: Abdullah Kobayashi & Daiju Wakamatsu vs Hiroyuki Suzuki & Takuho Kato
Live on NicoNico

9/2/2023, Thursday

Nothing

10/2/2023, Friday

Show from ZERO1

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Masa Kitamiya vs Satoshi Kojima? Someone's getting tenderized and it'll be glorious

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I guess Ibushi news belongs here now

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/252765?page=1

Tokyo Sports also speculates that RIZIN might use Ibushi as the centrepiece for a new pro wrestling division

I am 100% sure Kota is dumb enough to shoot like that kickboxing guy who tried to take the fixed fight with Mayweather seriously and got destroyed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe"

At the risk of mild hyperbole, the five worst words in the English language.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't believe my beloved puro is making me choose between watching DOUKI win his first title and Kento vs Yuma :argh:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Get ready for Baki inspired wrestling
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1621349124762370049

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/miIkystar/status/1621119552569368576

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://times.abema.tv/articles/-/10066308

CyberFight DID try to get The Rock lmao. He would have cost billions of yen so they didn’t pursue it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://times.abema.tv/articles/-/10066308

CyberFight DID try to get The Rock lmao. He would have cost billions of yen so they didn’t pursue it

Swing for the fences, I guess.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

uh... what are you grabbing there, Kaito?

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1621435966463397888

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Really enjoyed JFK vs Kaito Nagano

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh man ISHIN took a big bump flying over the top rope, looked he could be hurt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1621467556300079105?t=l5rJxEcmA8iUCRGLK4382Q&s=19

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm way behind because I had to start late, so I'm debating either watching live and watching the rest tomorrow, or just watching on a delay. I'll probably do the delay so I can skip any filler bits.

It's a little baffling that Dragon Kid is the DG representative in the New Japan show. I mean he's still awesome and everything, but you'd think they'd showcase someone from the post-OWE split rather than a Toryumon guy.

:lmao: at Jae & Ho Ho's pre-show banter.

Ho Ho: "So you had a website? What was it about?"
Jae: "Dragongate!"
Ho Ho: "In English?"
Jae: "......How do you think I GOT this job!?"

Bonk fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 3, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Really enjoyed JFK vs Kaito Nagano
I'm predicting Nagano as Brave Gate champ within a year. Kid's only been wrestling since August and his high-flying is incredibly crisp. I don't think I've ever seen that flying mare to crucifix combo before. :stare:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

YamaDoi vs Double Dragon is a match you shouldn't miss

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I was impressed by Kato before, but this is the first match where he wowed me. Deadlifting Jason out of a kimura was crazy as hell. You'd never know he debuted 2 months ago.

edit: MOCCHY THEME CHANT! WE'RE BACK! :dance:

Guests announced for Masaaki Mochizuki's 4/4 Buyuden show:
-Masato Tanaka
-Takuya Sugawara
-Kuishinbo Kamen
-Hikaru Sato
-Takashi Sasaki
-Jun Kasai :aaa:

More TBA

Bonk fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 3, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

YamaDoi vs Double Dragon is a match you shouldn't miss

You weren't kidding, that loving ruled.

This whole show was fantastic. If anyone's looking for a show to get into DG, start here.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 3, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AshTalksPuro/status/1621547037161586689

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

I'm way behind because I had to start late, so I'm debating either watching live and watching the rest tomorrow, or just watching on a delay. I'll probably do the delay so I can skip any filler bits.

It's a little baffling that Dragon Kid is the DG representative in the New Japan show. I mean he's still awesome and everything, but you'd think they'd showcase someone from the post-OWE split rather than a Toryumon guy.

:lmao: at Jae & Ho Ho's pre-show banter.

Ho Ho: "So you had a website? What was it about?"
Jae: "Dragongate!"
Ho Ho: "In English?"
Jae: "......How do you think I GOT this job!?"

Watching the show now, and this is the top tier content that makes Ho Ho one of the best commentators in the game right now.

Z-Brats doing their heel schtick is way more fun when the crowd can boo them and cheer the faces. Nice to hear Korakuen again.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 4, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dimebags Brain posted:

Watching the show now, and this is the top tier content that makes Ho Ho one of the best commentators in the game right now.
"He's stepping on his face! Isn't that illegal?"
"Ho Ho, you step on people's faces all the time!"
"Yeah, but I only do it for like a second."
:allears:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This Jason/Kato match is stellar. The Dragon Gate dojo just can't stop pumping out super rookies.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MUSASHI announced for All star Jr Festival is cool, interested in seeing another match from his after the Fujita banger last year

https://twitter.com/ASJF2023/status/1621531716056944640

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dimebags Brain posted:

This Jason/Kato match is stellar. The Dragon Gate dojo just can't stop pumping out super rookies.

That should've been the free opener, imo. I get that they didn't want an untested rookie to be the first guy to sell the network before knowing how the cheer crowds would react to him, but in hindsight it would've been the right move.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat that show kicked rear end. Must watch Korakuen, IMO. Last two matches were some fantastic tag wrestling.

Bonk posted:

That should've been the free opener, imo. I get that they didn't want an untested rookie to be the first guy to sell the network before knowing how the cheer crowds would react to him, but in hindsight it would've been the right move.

Putting a guy they know is going to get a response like Eita in the opener feels like the smartest move if you weren't just going to give us YAMAdoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watching All Japan and I know it's a dire match when Yoshitatsu is the best in-ring. It's still cool to see Onita explode, but dude can barely move nowadays

e: gently caress off, the champs aren't even coming out to NOSAWA's rad theme

e2: ahahahahaha what the gently caress!?!?

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 4, 2023