Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Whooping Crabs posted:

Same but got it 2 and a half weeks ago and am finally getting over it. Got my wife sick too. Hope it treats you better than it did me. Taking ibuprofen every 6-8 hours really helped knock down the fever and helped with the worst of my symptoms during the first 3-4 days.

Got the bivalent booster back in September so I'm not sure how much worse it could have been.

I don't feel too bad at this time. I felt a little crappy this morning and took ibuprofen. I did flip out on an employee which is really really out of character for me but it kinda makes sense now as I've been irritable all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
There are resources in the cspam op for getting Paxlovid and post covid recovery

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Link to covid op

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I feel like poo poo. Covid. gently caress.

I'm just sitting here working and watching TV realizing im gonna be doing this for the entire week. Ugh

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm on day 12 of lying around watching TV unable to do much else :respek: I went through a bunch of free trials of streaming services and caught up on like the last decade of movies and TV. Good look to you, Goon.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm just sitting here working and watching TV realizing im gonna be doing this for the entire week. Ugh

If you're lucky, just a week.

Remember, this, potentially multiple times a year, is what we have decided to live with.

Get some Paxlovid if you can.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

If you're lucky, just a week.

Remember, this, potentially multiple times a year, is what we have decided to live with.

Get some Paxlovid if you can.
Submitted an e visit for paxlovid.. hoping I can go grab it tomorrow and start dosing.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

I'm on day 12 of lying around watching TV unable to do much else :respek: I went through a bunch of free trials of streaming services and caught up on like the last decade of movies and TV. Good look to you, Goon.

My friends can I interest you in The Americans? I binge watched the gently caress out of that during the early months of the pandemic

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Apparently I'm no longer fat enough to qualify for paxlovid.

The convoy was like "yeah I've lost 65 lbs since may" " oh sorry man ih you've shown your not on the negative side of obesity so to put it lightly your not fat enough to get the pill."

After I chokingly laughed he said I could ask my Dr for it if my symptoms got worse.

Other than some brain fog Im just coughing and dry throat. Ibuprofen helps the cold and hot flashes aswell as the overall ache. I've been Hitting the quil too every few hours. Which seems to help with my headache and fog.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Apparently I'm no longer fat enough to qualify for paxlovid.

The convoy was like "yeah I've lost 65 lbs since may" " oh sorry man ih you've shown your not on the negative side of obesity so to put it lightly your not fat enough to get the pill."

After I chokingly laughed he said I could ask my Dr for it if my symptoms got worse.

Other than some brain fog Im just coughing and dry throat. Ibuprofen helps the cold and hot flashes aswell as the overall ache. I've been Hitting the quil too every few hours. Which seems to help with my headache and fog.

Are you in Canada? If not then there are telehealth providers linked in the CSPAM thread OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997695&pagenumber=1

I used one and got a prescription after a basic yes/no questionnaire about any medication I was on (be honest about these, this isn't an aspirin).

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Are you in Canada? If not then there are telehealth providers linked in the CSPAM thread OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997695&pagenumber=1

I used one and got a prescription after a basic yes/no questionnaire about any medication I was on (be honest about these, this isn't an aspirin).

I'm not in canadia. I did the yes no e visit and received a follow-up the day after.

I don't feel really really bad. As long as Im Hydrating and keeping electrolytes up ibuprofen and quil take care of the rest. I'm usually eating 1000 cals a day so I have had to up that to 1400 to not feel hyper weak.

Ik 1000 cals a day bad yadda yadda yadda I've heard it all.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm finally testing negative (twice) on day 13. I'm still congested as hell, low-energy, and I've been getting excruciating sinus pressure buildup behind my eye, but I pop a sudafed and it wheezes out of existence 10 minutes later. But at least I'm testing negative :hellyeah:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm finally testing negative (twice) on day 13. I'm still congested as hell, low-energy, and I've been getting excruciating sinus pressure buildup behind my eye, but I pop a sudafed and it wheezes out of existence 10 minutes later. But at least I'm testing negative :hellyeah:

Congrats!

I'm not feeling great today, and am feeling kind of hypochondriac since I just got my bivalent booster on Monday but spent 5 hours in the Emergency Room last night because my partner fell and broke her pinkie and possibly her ankle. I kept my mask on except to drink some water a couple times with nobody else in the room, but I feel like any time in a hospital is a massive risk. I went 9 hours without eating (another hour was burned before the ER trying various Urgent Cares that either had the radiologist out or were no longer accepting patients for the day) and slept like poo poo last night, neither of which are likely making me feel any better today.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

yeah it took me about 2 weeks. i missed christmas and my entire break between then and new years was just spent inside sans a couple deliveries. but you can now go outside now and get breathed on by randos

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just coughed up a big glob of the absolute deepest and darkest green lung-gunk I have ever seen in my life and boy do my lungs feel amazing right now, I haven't been able to breathe this easily since before getting sick. A+

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I just coughed up a big glob of the absolute deepest and darkest green lung-gunk I have ever seen in my life and boy do my lungs feel amazing right now, I haven't been able to breathe this easily since before getting sick. A+

Did it make a full cast?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

:eyepop: not that magnificent, no. It had the consistency of undercooked runny scrambled eggs and was about the size of a golf ball, though. I'm a smoker and my lungs haven't felt this good since long before COVID so I think it's time to quit :hellyeah:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dacap posted:

Wife just tested positive for the first time today after feeling sick yesterday. We’ve both dodged it for 3 years and are 5x vaxxed so we had just ran out of luck.

She’s okay but has a bad cough and I’m still negative and symptom free. I’ve been staying isolated to my home office and wearing a mask inside. She’s starting Paxlovid as soon as the pharmacy drivers it.

Anything else that people think would be helpful is welcome

5 Day in Update

Wife is doing much better after taking the Paxlovid starting Monday and tested negative today. Shockingly my 3 year COVID-free streak remains unbroken after testing negative 5 days straight and no symptoms.

We are still isolating in our apartment and wearing masks outside of our dedicated rooms. What is the line where we can safely interact again? Or sleep in the same room again unmasked?

I’ve heard 10 days from symptom start, I’ve alsoheard if she’s negative on tests 24 hrs apart, etc. and don’t know what the real safe guidance is vs the supporting capitalism guidance anymore.

We’re airing on the side of caution for now and decided to wait for the 10 day mark, but let me know if that’s not necessary.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm not in canadia. I did the yes no e visit and received a follow-up the day after.

I don't feel really really bad. As long as Im Hydrating and keeping electrolytes up ibuprofen and quil take care of the rest. I'm usually eating 1000 cals a day so I have had to up that to 1400 to not feel hyper weak.

Ik 1000 cals a day bad yadda yadda yadda I've heard it all.

Should've told em you're anorexic

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Dacap posted:

5 Day in Update

Wife is doing much better after taking the Paxlovid starting Monday and tested negative today. Shockingly my 3 year COVID-free streak remains unbroken after testing negative 5 days straight and no symptoms.

We are still isolating in our apartment and wearing masks outside of our dedicated rooms. What is the line where we can safely interact again? Or sleep in the same room again unmasked?

I’ve heard 10 days from symptom start, I’ve alsoheard if she’s negative on tests 24 hrs apart, etc. and don’t know what the real safe guidance is vs the supporting capitalism guidance anymore.

We’re airing on the side of caution for now and decided to wait for the 10 day mark, but let me know if that’s not necessary.

My husband had it middle of last year and when though I was taking care of him (just held my breath when I went into the bedroom) I didn't catch it. One person having it does not mean everyone else will get it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pyrtanis posted:

My husband had it middle of last year and when though I was taking care of him (just held my breath when I went into the bedroom) I didn't catch it. One person having it does not mean everyone else will get it.

I know that but I have personal medical reasons to be cautious and was looking for the actual safe practices to limit my risk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dacap posted:

5 Day in Update

Yeah I'd wait until at least the 10 day mark. Note also that a small percentage of people on Pax get a rebound a day or two after they finish the course so don't assume that a negative test means that she's fully cleared it yet.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Dacap posted:

5 Day in Update

I thought generally it was 2 days of negative tests (w/no line at all)? But yeah as someone said you might want to be a little more careful due to rebounding.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So I just got this excruciating sinus pain again, except this time it was surrounding my right eye instead of my left eye like every other time. I mean absolutely agonizing pain, possibly the worst I have ever experienced in my life - it was so bad I got nauseous and was on the verge of throwing up, it's the first time that's ever happened to me just because of how much something hurt. I took sudafed and ibuprofen and used flonase like every other time, but it just would not go away. For 45 minutes. I was doubled over and groaning and unable to think straight the entire time. It was so painful I thought I had a ruptured aneurysm or something and was debating going to the ER despite having no insurance. All the meds opened up my nose pretty well and I could breathe fine but I kept trying to blow my nose or snort really hard to clean out what was in there but nothing was coming out or getting any better.

Then 45 minutes after it started I heard a little squeaking wheeze in the side of my nose like built-up air pressure escaping and it all subsided, and then finally I felt whatever mucous was blocking me up start dripping down my nose into the back of my throat.

Has anyone else dealt with that? I guess a neti pot is the answer? I never would have imagined that a little sinus pressure could be so absurdly painful. For context, after a neck injury I get migraines so bad and so sudden that they were initially misdiagnosed as Trigeminal Neuralgia until an MRI ruled it out. I have a weird tolerance to pain and when asked to put a number on those migraines I'd say it's a 6/10. This sinus pressure was easily an 8 or 9, it felt like my face was exploding in slow motion :psypop:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 4, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dacap posted:

5 Day in Update

I would say after 10 days, with the caveat that you should also be negative on 2 lateral flow tests 48 hours apart. I was still testing positive at day 10 with lateral flow so definitely test to determine infectivity.

So I just got this excruciating sinus pain again, except this time it was surrounding my right eye instead of my left eye like every other time. I mean absolutely agonizing pain, possibly the worst I have ever experienced in my life - it was so bad I got nauseous and was on the verge of throwing up, it's the first time that's ever happened to me just because of how much something hurt. I took sudafed and ibuprofen and used flonase like every other time, but it just would not go away. For 45 minutes. I was doubled over and groaning and unable to think straight the entire time. It was so painful I thought I had a ruptured aneurysm or something and was debating going to the ER despite having no insurance. All the meds opened up my nose pretty well and I could breathe fine but I kept trying to blow my nose or snort really hard to clean out what was in there but nothing was coming out or getting any better.

Then 45 minutes after it started I heard a little squeaking wheeze in the side of my nose like built-up air pressure escaping and it all subsided, and then finally I felt whatever mucous was blocking me up start dripping down my nose into the back of my throat.

Has anyone else dealt with that? I guess a neti pot is the answer? I never would have imagined that a little sinus pressure could be so absurdly painful. For context, after a neck injury I get migraines so bad and so sudden that they were initially misdiagnosed as Trigeminal Neuralgia until an MRI ruled it out. I have a weird tolerance to pain and when asked to put a number on those migraines I'd say it's a 6/10. This sinus pressure was easily an 8 or 9, it felt like my face was exploding in slow motion :psypop:

That's loving horrible, goonspeed.

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 4, 2023

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

I get bad sinus headaches like that. Regular use of Tivic Health's clearup face zapper thing has helped keep their frequency down. In the moment, I've had some success getting a heating pad (I microwave a sock full of dry rice) and just laying it on my face to kind of soften my sinuses up. I can feel them popping and loosening up, it's weird. Sometimes it helps right away, sometimes you just gotta wait it out.

That poo poo sucks rear end. Sorry you're dealing with it

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So I just got this excruciating sinus pain again,<snip>
Squeeze bottle is much better than Neti pot. Make sure you use distilled water or boil water to sterilize and add some salt to avoid that lovely burning feeling. Do it twice a day morning and night should help symptoms subside faster. You can find more detail in the cspam thread

Oracle fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 5, 2023

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Sometimes taking a nice hot shower can help, inhaling the steamy moist air really helped when I'd get sinus pain from being sick. Deffo try the other stuff being suggested as well!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Finally got my second booster dose!
It's been over a year since my last one, but they only became available to my age group recently. Glad it's the updated Pfizer bivalent one.
I had forgotten how insanely tiny the needle they use is, you can barely feel it even touching you.

It was a walk-in free centre, and I was happy to see it was pretty busy. Nothing like the first round of vaccines, when on walk-in days, the queue was hundreds deep.
They say take-up of the second booster is low in the 18-49 age group, but since half the country (Ireland) seems to have had covid over Christmas, and you can't get a booster for several months after that, it might just be that a lot of people are ineligible at the moment.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Alright we in the feintest line territory. Still feel like breathing is harder than normal. I'm weak as gently caress right now and standing for long periods hurts

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

just saw a day in the life tiktok of a woman in hangzhou saying everyone's out and about because covid's over(???)

the only comment that challenged the take in the comments.. someone replied, "have you heard of herd immunity :smug: ??"

nevermind that while china is more vaccinated than the US, most people only had their first two shots of the not as effective sino vaccines.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Strong Sauce posted:

just saw a day in the life tiktok of a woman in hangzhou saying everyone's out and about because covid's over(???)

the only comment that challenged the take in the comments.. someone replied, "have you heard of herd immunity :smug: ??"

nevermind that while china is more vaccinated than the US, most people only had their first two shots of the not as effective sino vaccines.

Yeah, the government is pushing that the wave has passed and China has herd immunity for now. There is also no access to Paxlovid and people on the street are masking less and less.

The state will be damned than let reinfection or long covid in China get reported on.

E: hell, there are tons of folks in China who believe that COVID is a one and done deal.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 5, 2023

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

is the black market for paxlovid still high? i remember reading that when they got rid of their zero covid policies

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

is the black market for paxlovid still high? i remember reading that when they got rid of their zero covid policies

Right now, you can only get pax if you are over 60 (or have connections to the Party). I know you can get Indian antivirals, but they got a grip.

I am not looking forward to being told COVID is over by my coworkers because I mask in a week.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's actually going on in china now? I know the reporting when they opened up was that it was going to be a bloodbath but I haven't heard much since then. I guess getting accurate info isn't super easy either

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

prom candy posted:

What's actually going on in china now? I know the reporting when they opened up was that it was going to be a bloodbath but I haven't heard much since then. I guess getting accurate info isn't super easy either

Covid is over

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

ben shapino posted:

Covid is over

Nice 👍

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Alright we in the feintest line territory. Still feel like breathing is harder than normal. I'm weak as gently caress right now and standing for long periods hurts

Emergen-C seemed to help me a lot more than I thought it had any business doing, basically had to start my mornings with one of those for a few weeks

Also, after I had it for a second time, I felt the same way about breathing. Waited entirely too long to get an albuterol inhaler. It was life changing, after a few weeks I almost feel normal again. Don't suffer for months like I did

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've also been having some trouble breathing and got some albuterol and it definitely helps. I am quitting smoking as of tomorrow because covid hosed with my breathing just enough to scare me without actually being bad :toot:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

prom candy posted:

They saw that the US was pretending that covid was over (even though it obviously wasn't) and went "Wait, you can just do that? Aw poo poo, open up the borders"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They saw that the US was pretending that covid was over (even though it obviously wasn't) and went "Wait, you can just do that? Aw poo poo, open up the borders"

It helped that Zero COVID was waning against Omicron and Foxconn/Apple gave the CCP the College of Corporations speech from the movie Network.

E: the protests last December as well as seeing the world cup with attendees not wearing masks didn't help either.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 6, 2023