Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
the PS5 should look like the devkit tbh. go crazy go stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

goblin week posted:

the PS5 should look like the devkit tbh. go crazy go stupid

:yeah:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

Gran turismo 7 is 200 gigabytes? What the gently caress

you wouldnt download a car

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We keep our PS5 behind the TV because it’s so hideous.

have it standing tall, loud and proud. mines on full display next to the ps2 and ps3 and wii and switch and pc and ps1 and n64 and gamecube, which are in cabinets next to nes and snes. no shame.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My only wish for a real revision is that it's not as noisy playing 4K disks. It's sooo loud

yo what, seriously that sounds like a problem because my 4k disks are quiet. check the area its standing/laying on that could contribute to it. mines quiet as gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

yo what, seriously that sounds like a problem because my 4k disks are quiet. check the area its standing/laying on that could contribute to it. mines quiet as gently caress

Could be the table it's on actually. Maybe we can put it on the carpet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it horizontal and if so is the stand exactly lined up with the little markers on the back to make sure it’s level

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vertical!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Probably the liquid metal pooling into the disc drive

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Finished Last of Us II. Great game, I've heard people are saying this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bovis posted:

Finished Last of Us II. Great game, I've heard people are saying this

I think it and Elden Ring are the two really good games I played since 2020/the pandemic started. So far above other stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:eyepop: :blastu:

:blastu: :perfect:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rooty tooty Leon shooty.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Is the remake also going to have that... idiomatic style of movement?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vikar Jerome posted:

have it standing tall, loud and proud. mines on full display next to the ps2 and ps3 and wii and switch and pc and ps1 and n64 and gamecube, which are in cabinets next to nes and snes. no shame.

You know talking of console hoarding I realised yesterday that once the 5 arrives the only PS I won't have is the 4 since I got a PS3 super slim last year.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Resident Evil 4 looks great, imo

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

GAMING’S GREATEST RELOAD

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lordfrikk posted:

Is the remake also going to have that... idiomatic style of movement?

I hope you still can't move and aim at the same time to separate out the cowards.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope you still can't move and aim at the same time to separate out the cowards.

you can but you can turn it off e; maybe

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Still no word on mercs... "nothing is cut" tho...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

They should add a randomiser mode so I can play re4 for another two decades

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

MechaSeinfeld posted:

They should add a randomiser mode so I can play re4 for another two decades

Thry might have, they talked alot about adding lots of replayabilty

Theyve been wanting to put a randomizer in the game since making re2r, all the devs played the hell out of the re1r one lol. There was some menu mention of it in re2r, suggesting possibly added later or moved to re3r but nothing ever came of it other than ghost survivors

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That’s hype. I didn’t know about the re2/3 stuff.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I'm slowly getting the hang of GT7 and I think I'll start wading into the multiplayer soon, but in the single player I'm still feeling some aimlessness. I get the menu system and doing certain races to unlock certain cars. Plus license exams and the other new license exam equivalents, and time trials and single custom races. Is that… about it? I’m coming from forza after not playing the GT series since 3 or 4, and I’m still finding the rhythm of the single player to be pretty strange.

Also would be interested if anybody’s got a good basic guide to tuning.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aipsh posted:

GAMING’S GREATEST RELOAD

Looks sick OP

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I got Gotham Knights super cheap and had completely forgotten it was locked to 30fps and there's no sign of any 60fps patch.

Uurgggh this poo poo loving sucks. Just throw me a VRR bone guys!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Necrothatcher posted:

I got Gotham Knights super cheap and had completely forgotten it was locked to 30fps and there's no sign of any 60fps patch.

Uurgggh this poo poo loving sucks. Just throw me a VRR bone guys!

I find it more jarring to experience a game at 60fps, and then see the same game running at 30fps. I recently did this with GoW:R just to see what the higher resolution mode looks like, but the gameplay was just so awful! Anytime I go back and play a PS3 game though, it feels somewhat bearable since it's already capped at 30 and you really don't experience anything better than that.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Also playing some Stray and I gotta say I’m pretty disappointed that my super chill cat vibes game was interrupted by waves of little red rear end in a top hat alien monsters repeatedly swarming me to death. Really harshed the vibe.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I wish gt7 took a few lessons from fortnite for the multiplayer. I feel like whenever I log in I have to wait like 15 minutes to do the race I want - why not have an option to drop me in immediately with maybe a smattering of humans and backfill with bots? GT7 online racing is already pretty casual so I think something like this would be fine. Then you can at least feel good about passing a few bots, even if you’re slow as poo poo against humans.

Actually, imagine if this is how the campaign races were done? That’d be sick, seeing a few real humans now and then. Maybe if you are a fast driver, they can match you with people who suck but are in faster cars as a handicap.

Ugh this will never happen but it’s fun to imagine

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

easy allies awards are out and they're good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I3z8RjILbI

Just watched this from a bit ago and, almost immediately disliked it when I saw Darktide won best multiplayer over Grounded. Ranni over someone like Emphis in a character-development heavy game? And the garlic over a blade that turns into a train???

garlic is a crutch! A crutch I say!!!

I've seen Dusk Falls, but never got around to playing it. Is it that good?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I couldn’t get over the static style of As Dusk Falls at all, but it definitely seems like a good story if the clips shown on the video don’t bother you.

Also big Ranni and garlic fan over here

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Escobarbarian posted:

I couldn’t get over the static style of As Dusk Falls at all, but it definitely seems like a good story if the clips shown on the video don’t bother you.

Also big Ranni and garlic fan over here

Dusk Falls looks like it could be good, though that line "I used to be afraid of the shadows, now I'm ready to step into the light" is real bad, both from a logic (yeah of course you can step into the light, there are fewer shadows) and also it's just so cliche.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Games consoles taking all their design cues from boring rear end AV equipment is the worst thing to ever happen to them.

I like them wild and wacky.

you may not like it, but this is what a console is supposed to look like.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Consoles should look like 70s AV gear with wood veneer everywhere imo.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

also should have a gun holster on the side imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hell yeah. I'm surprised wood veneer hasn't had a renaissance. Yeah you can get aftermarket products or whatever, but I can't believe manufacturers haven't leaned into it.

Not like this though lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Goddamn Ragnarok feels so much longer than God of War 2018 but it feels so much faster and snappier

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That only looks good on synths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I may be biased because one of these bad boys was my first console but wood is definitely a pro deco