Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Insane how much better this game feels on Thursday evenings vs Wednesday evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do I pin Wave in my shop? I have 0 tokens, I do prefer to use my tokens atm for good cards that fit a lot of decks. I have a lot of the archetypal (Patriot, Cerebro, Sera) cards. Dunno if I should do Wave, or wait for Wong or She Hulk.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dropped to 71 this morning and managed to get to 74 now without using Zabu or Surfer except for 1 match to quickly get a mission done.

I'm also desperate for some different cards, I almost bought Rockslide today. I did unlock Captain Marvel and that's great for Daredevil.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wave is great to cheat Sera out early and allows for some higher cost cards in that deck. Depends on how much you play Sera. I would love some ramp. I have Sera, but I really need Psylocke or even Electro. I would play a ton more Sera with Wave. Plus Wave is a great disruption card now that Plunder Castle exists.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wave is definitely one of the more versatile cards in the game

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My personal favorite Wave play has been playing her on 5 as my opponent played Magik, then playing Zola to duplicate here and hose their big turn 7 play.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Game gave me Black Bolt. What did I do to offend it? Why did it do that to me? Whatever it was, I am sorry.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

DurosKlav posted:

Game gave me Black Bolt. What did I do to offend it? Why did it do that to me?

hey man black bolt can be effective for instance when i am playing my death deck - yes, me specifically, it's happened before and it can happen again!

(for real the one time i saw it, that's exactly what happened - and the black bolt wasn't generated or anything either)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Artelier posted:

hey man black bolt can be effective for instance when i am playing my death deck - yes, me specifically, it's happened before and it can happen again!

(for real the one time i saw it, that's exactly what happened - and the black bolt wasn't generated or anything either)

It doesn't even help with that, Death only has her cost go down when cards are destroyed, not discarded

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

It doesn't even help with that, Death only has her cost go down when cards are destroyed, not discarded

No, they mean it's a good hoser card against Death decks.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Opopanax posted:

no no, the opponent plays black bolt, i play death trying to aim for an incredible turn 6 comeback

what do you mean i could just play her on five and black bolt would discard something else shut upppppppp

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

Gambit is a frustrating interaction because he discards the card from the person who plays and destroyed the card on the other side. I really wish it was one or the other.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Unlocked Darkhawk. A 2/27 feels very fair.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 3, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is anyone else having weird connection issues today? Lag during the match, some variants refusing to show images, things like that?

Edit: Reconnecting to game popping up for a couple seconds too. Could just be my network if nobody else is seeing it, I'm out in the boonies.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 3, 2023

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

New Leaf posted:

Is anyone else having weird connection issues today? Lag during the match, some variants refusing to show images, things like that?

I just wrapped up for the night, but I would like to think the sheer majesty of my opening 2 rounds caused 7 out of 10 retreats.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

I don’t know if this is common info or not but never retreat, always select retreat if opponent does.

This doesn't work against bluffs, though; once you've snapped, you cannot retreat the same turn unless your opponent snaps back.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He means "retreat later".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

He means "retreat later".

I know what he means. You cannot use the retreat button at all after snapping unless your opponent snaps back. So if your opponent bluff snaps, he can't also retreat and so Retreat Later does the same as just retreating.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, a genius: Gonna play Zero and then Infinaut.

Also me: Oh no!!

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Well poo poo. Apparently Luke Cage even stops Hobgoblin from having his power doubled (and thus reduced).

Should've known really.

edit: that Wolverine change is such a huge buff for turn 6 Galactus. One extra power and half the time he gets another two, plus the possibility of even more if you manage to destroy him even more.

uXs fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 3, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Outpowering a good Kazoo draw on TVA. Played countless games with Surfer, and he never felt close to this powerful. Not that it's news to anyone, but Zabu is a broken card.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Artelier posted:

Me, a genius: Gonna play Zero and then Infinaut.

Also me: Oh no!!

Oh, I never tried that, but I guess he can only stop card text of the card IF you can play it and put it on the field? I've really only used him for Ebony Maw in a Zoo deck a few times, and I guess it makes sense because I still had to get Maw out by turn 3.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, Zero only triggers when the card is played, so any cards that have conditions to play—Infinaut, Magik, Maw after T3—still need those conditions met.

You can, however, play Infinaut if he's been Leeched, which is a real treat.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Ugh, 3 sweet variants in 3 days, i'm gonna run out of gold.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Totally not rigged to play Crystal middle, after playing Colson to draw 2 more cards, right before I play Doc Ock. Nope, nothing to see here.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I almost feel bad for the guy but also I'm on a bad slide so I can't feel that bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That one is kinda on him. Developing 1/2 drops into unrevealed locations is just fine, but a 5 drop? That's just begging to get dunked.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've been having a lot of fun with this Valkrie zoo deck and I don't even have Mojo to round it out:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (2) Armor
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Debrii
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Valkyrie
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLYVphciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktvcmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmFsa3lyaWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Valkrie is a surprisingly fun card. Might try to do a Cerebro deck as well.

vv I like the brown one better.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I just noticed the data-mined "Wolverine looking longingly at the photo of Jean" variant that's become a meme in the past several years has the wrong costume.

It should be his yellow and blue one, not his brown and orange one.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Finally lost to M'baku.

Quake would have killed Lockjaw on the rickety bridge except that Armor happened to pop out. (He was mid when Quake went off, he space stoned out).

A very normal game of Snap.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 3, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jedit posted:

This doesn't work against bluffs, though; once you've snapped, you cannot retreat the same turn unless your opponent snaps back.

Yes? You should not bluff. Like, ever. No one bluffs in this game and if you snap you better have a good play.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

kaschei posted:

Finally lost to M'baku.

Quake would have killed Lockjaw on the rickety bridge except that Armor happened to pop out. (He was mid when Quake went off, he space stoned out).

A very normal game of Snap.

Running mbaku in a thanos lockjaw deck is absolutely twisted and sick. I love it.

broken boy soldier
May 19, 2006
Is it worth it to pin a Pool 4 card, in this case Shuri, early in Pool 3? I would need to save 1,700 tokens to get the card.

It feels like I’d be better off focusing on Pool 3 but I’m still super new to the game.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Got a She Hulk out of a cache!
Any good decks for people who don't have Death yet?

I know she's a natural fit for Sunspot and Infininaut.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Post Zabu and Surfer nerfs Shuri will likely be the strongest card in the game. She’s ridiculous.

Pixeltendo posted:

# (2) Black Widow
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Aero
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tXaWRvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This deck is a lot of fun and has multiple combos. Widow Wave Odin locks their hands and wastes an entire turn dropping a 4 cost Bite while you drop a 6 cost, you have Psylocke/Wave into SheHulk + 6 drop, Wave, Doom, Odin, etc. You even have control layers with Cosmo/Armor into Aero and Magneto finishers.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 3, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Pixeltendo posted:

Well I think you nailed the Sunspot/Infinaut interaction. Here is a deck:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Wave
# (4) Dracula
# (5) Aero
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) She-Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHN5bG9ja2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn1dfQ==
#

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Pixeltendo posted:

She goes great with Moon Girl+Dino. Skip turn 5 to drop She-Hulk and Dino on the last turn. Or Moon Girl can sometimes give you double She-Hulks.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

broken boy soldier posted:

Is it worth it to pin a Pool 4 card, in this case Shuri, early in Pool 3? I would need to save 1,700 tokens to get the card.

It feels like I’d be better off focusing on Pool 3 but I’m still super new to the game.

By the time you’ve got enough to buy her at series 4, she’ll have been downgraded to series 3 which I think is expected at the end of this month. Pin her and buy her then.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

team overhead smash posted:

By the time you’ve got enough to buy her at series 4, she’ll have been downgraded to series 3 which I think is expected at the end of this month. Pin her and buy her then.

I would expect two cycles of drops in each series based on what happened this last go-round. End of February I would expect Orka, MBaku, Maria Hill, Colson , Helicarrier to drop to 3, Shuri end of March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I'm wondering if anyone else playing on Android has experienced this bug:

I keep the volume on the game off, all sliders down to the lowest. But anytime my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth (so far I haven't tested with any other device) it makes sound EVEN THOUGH the sliders are still all down/off. Loo ike...if I'm in my car waiting for my GF or something so I pmay a quick match, audio gets piped to my car's speakers. The sliders are all still down, they never moved. I have to manually live the master volume up then back down to re-mute it.

And it doesn't JUST playnaudio over my car's Bluetooth... the next time I open the game when not connected to my car, there's sound. And again...all sliders are all the way down. I have to go to settings and move the master volume up and then back down to re-mute it a second time. Really weird behavior.