Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Ghostlight posted:

or the nearest equivalent - working for a company where the start of in-game events are scheduled with code instead of being manually initiated by a comically large frankenstein's lab style switch on the wall.
I hope the clocks are at least inaccurate by an arbitrary amount at any given time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
How long is the christmas event going to run on the private server?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

FastestGunAlive posted:

How long is the christmas event going to run on the private server?

Until the switch flipper comes back mid January.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So is there actually a Marvel Heroes private server and if so how do I play?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you have to ask, you're not ready.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Machai posted:

Hop on the mIRC server for the deets

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Machai posted:

It’s real. Discord.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Machai posted:

There isn't. Disney would never permit one to exist.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

:emptyquote:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

As a reminder: If for some reason you wanted to play the Avengers game do it now as the game will essentially be shut down on September 30th, 2023. The story campaign was supposedly decent and you could safely ignore the DLCs. Most of the really horrible crap is in the post game where you are expected to grind forever because of "Live Service" reasons. I think all of the cosmetics are being given away for free as well.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Three seconds of half assed googling showed me that David Brevik hasn't announced that he's working on anything since his 2019 game so I think its clear that the top secret Marvel Heroes 2 will be released this spring. Early access May 29th. Preorder now for a spiderman with a plastic bag over his head uniform.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
disneydick

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Legally Distinct Audio Visual Amusment of the Marble Hebrons Server remains up. Come play as dozens of your favorite characters like Unstoppable Force, Mr. Stretch, The Splendiferous Web Boy, and Electric Nachos.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Saint Freak posted:

The Legally Distinct Audio Visual Amusment of the Marble Hebrons Server remains up. Come play as dozens of your favorite characters like Unstoppable Force, Mr. Stretch, The Splendiferous Web Boy, and Electric Nachos.

how long is fan favorite vernon's tongue? vagine??

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Honestly Chipmunk Lass plays the exact same and has bones.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
miss it so much, just want her back

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Saint Freak posted:

I'm the Unstoppable Force, bitch wimp!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The dozens and dozens of Star Wars Galaxies private servers that exist would prove that wrong. The most likely situation is that since nobody has or is willing to share the server code, it would have to be re-engingeered based just on the client side data and it just doesn't seem that there's another out there that has the talent, passion, and time, to do that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The game was so bare metal I would be surprised if the server could even be restarted let alone setup on another computer.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

PaybackJack posted:

The dozens and dozens of Star Wars Galaxies private servers that exist would prove that wrong. The most likely situation is that since nobody has or is willing to share the server code, it would have to be re-engingeered based just on the client side data and it just doesn't seem that there's another out there that has the talent, passion, and time, to do that.

Maybe people are really good at keeping the private servers private

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Maybe people are really good at keeping the private servers private

That is definitely not the case

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

city of heroes ran for years while keeping the private servers secret.

the devs gave a poo poo about the game though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I thought the private server was just down waiting for the next Raft revision.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

sgbyou posted:

city of heroes ran for years while keeping the private servers secret.

the devs gave a poo poo about the game though.

Yup. They also leaked the source code, basically as an F-U to the way NCSoft handled everything.

Though to be honest, if Brevik had had the source, you can bet your rear end he would have leaked it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rufio posted:

disneydick

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

kirbysuperstar posted:

That is definitely not the case

Oh yes that’s right. I agree:angel:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

They can't replicate it because the server was probably built with vacuum tubes, punchcards and steampunk-esque giant metal levers.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

PaybackJack posted:

Believe me, if it still existed in any format I'd already be playing there. At least Doomsaw and Ryolnir like my posts asking to bring it back.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

They can't replicate it because the server was probably built with vacuum tubes, punchcards and steampunk-esque giant metal levers.

There’s someone locked into the server switch room, like in snowpiercer

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Although we assumed it was a series of levers, the actual server involved pressing a pair of buttons a specific number of times in order to make things happen.

edit: should be Marvel Heroes not Champions, but whatever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Flip switcher.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Although we assumed it was a series of levers, the actual server involved pressing a pair of buttons a specific number of times in order to make things happen.

edit: should be Marvel Heroes not Champions, but whatever.

Oddly, I've found a card game called Marvel Champions that's really fun and weird like this game was.

God I miss it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Diabetic posted:

Oddly, I've found a card game called Marvel Champions that's really fun and weird like this game was.

God I miss it.

That's exactly why I made that mistake. Come join us talking about it! Thread is kind of dead(like that game hahaha jk...maybe?)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Remember when Cyclops got his rework, and the description for his Ultimate was really long?

I think someone got a job working on Fire Emblem Heroes:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Kheldarn posted:

Remember when Cyclops got his rework, and the description for his Ultimate was really long?

I think someone got a job working on Fire Emblem Heroes:

This is some Spider-Man bullshit.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
That’s just the cliff notes on cyclopsz’

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

For those that got into the D4 Beta and aren't in our Discord, we have a clan: GrootForce Tag: DBLDWN

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Daniel Baldwin?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Good evening fellow kings and queens. Da crew is coming back together to play D4. ICR will be playing and he did install the game. Praise the sun.

Diablo Immortal 4. You can fight spooky skeletons, ghosts, ghoulies, gobs and hobs, large bats, frankensteins, zombies, wet zombies, burning zombies, frightening tree (non-animate), and most importantly, you don’t have to do it with the people in the official thread.

Come hang out with the Marble Hebrons on the discord to find games. Honestly it’s going to be annoyingly busy to start off and we’re already seeing a bunch of old names popping back up for the launch, it owns. Gain 20lbs eating KFC for cosmetics. Left click until you get the Good Chemicals. Feel that poo poo squirt across your forebrain, together 🤝

https://discord.gg/mpegs

mpegs doesn’t stand for Marvelicious Pro Elite Gaming Society, ICR was trying to write “mpreg” but he can’t spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LOL