Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At the very least it's worth it to go for the satisfaction of drawing a dong next to a Tory MP's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bold to assume I agree with anybody on the ballot paper.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
majesty queen would have hosed that chap right up

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Virgin Money’s credit card app is the biggest pile of wank in history.

It doesn’t save any payment details for debit cards you use to pay balances off, so every time I want to pay extra on a balance beyond my direct debit I have to go get my card like some kind of caveman instead of just whacking in the last 3 digits like every other payment processor on the planet.

Click on the 'make a faster payment' bit and it's got bank details you can just send money to. Assuming your banking app can save payee details you can just use that every time. I've not done anything through the virgin app itself in years

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pistol_Pete posted:

I'm in the Green Party but haven't done anything with it yet, mainly due to feeling incredibly demoralised about the current political situation. (What's the point :cry:)

I'm actually Bristol-based, so perhaps I should get involved, would be great to have played a part in tossing Thangam Debonnaire out come the next election.

I couldn't be in the Green Party for the same reason I couldn't be in the Labour Party - both parties are institutionally transphobic

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm with virgin money after all the yorkshire bank rebrands and they didn't cancel the debit card in my old name when i married so i now have 4 active debit cards with them because when one of them stopped working on the rfid, the sent replacements for both

and cos the country's loving dead, they don't have a branch within 20 miles that i can go in to tell them to stop being loving idiots and i'm not phoning the bastards

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yorkshire also was bad for branches. I have some nearby they're just a pain to park at so I haven't had a contactless card for about four years as a result because I forgot the pin for the card and haven't bothered to fix it.

Now arguably yes I have probably spent a full working day of entering my pin repeatedly in that time but I am still not going to do anything about it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I reckon if I were on my way to kill the monarch I probably wouldn't tell their police protection team up front. Maybe say you're there to deliver their Amazon parcel or something instead.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The fact the BBC is willing to put its name to this shows just how fully captured by Johnson’s henchmen it now is

https://twitter.com/willfrombarnet/status/1621204644608319489?s=46&t=56NHEKJH_A7UIY2d7uC5Aw

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can see why they've not been on Radio 4 before

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is radio 4 like public access or something where you have to let anybody have a go who walks in the door?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

Is radio 4 like public access or something where you have to let anybody have a go who walks in the door?

I imagine this prick was tuned in and chuckling along to the lolz

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Half of those are jokes from the 80s but somehow done even worse.

Like the tree one, that's just a rehash of an old "grew a massive oak in my back yard just because I hate my Italian neighbour, he says that's a bigotry"

Do the accents you cowards.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
if you have to use virgin use your own wireless router and only use theirs as a modem- it's easy and even a thirty quid d-link is leaps and bounds better

also in the "they tried to up the prices so I threatened to leave and they folded" club

got a new car today and holy poo poo they do all sorts of cool things nowerdays

also my old car I was part exchanging was pissing out coolant all over the forecourt after I arrived and quite possibly dying but we had signed on the deal before anyone noticed so lol I win

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

DesperateDan posted:

if you have to use virgin use your own wireless router and only use theirs as a modem- it's easy and even a thirty quid d-link is leaps and bounds better

Absolutely. This has made a huge difference

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L5YRYF4

to our wifi range and quality.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DesperateDan posted:

got a new car today and holy poo poo they do all sorts of cool things nowerdays

I'll take a post about cool things your car does. I'll never own one so I'll live vicariously through your gadgets

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The new hire car I got off my insurance the other day was mostly "try to kill you with self driving features" and "horrifyingly insulate you from the outside in a manner seemingly intended to produce dissociative episodes while driivng"

Do not recommend.

E: oh and gob off at you if you don't change gears when it feels like you should

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That sounds like the worst of both manual and automatic.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I just want every fucker who's "anti-woke" to define woke first. Go on, put it into words what it is you are against.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

That sounds like the worst of both manual and automatic.

Genuinely yes that was my overwhelming feeling when driving it, the car clearly wants to be automatic. Hell the gearstick didn't even feel like it was connected to anything because it was perfectly smooth and felt basically just like a big overengineered switch. I assume it was actually connected to the engine somewhere and not just remote controlling an automatic gearbox but I wouldn't have been able to tell you for sure.

But the whole thing was so automated and fly-by-wire feeling that I don't understand why they make them without automatic gearboxes. My normal car at least has a viscerally mechanical feeling when you change gears, sticky gate on first and all, which is pleasant in a way, but moreover at least suggests that you are doing something that the car couldn't do by itself if it wanted to without adding in some extra parts.

The fancy new one gives you the distinct impression that the driver is something of an imposition on the vehicle, that you are co-piloting the car with a computer, and the computer definitely thinks it should be in charge and just as definitely should not be as evidenced by its predilection for trying to swerve me into the right turn lane on every single junction until I figured out how to turn off the auto steering.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

+1 for Zen, dropouts are very rare and usually because some BT fuckwit is messing around at the exchange/terminus. They are a bit dear in terms of price, but that's because you have to pay BT for their copper pairs because this country is still in the loving stone age when it comes to internet. Other than that, for standard ADSL you get max rate, unlimited data and their customer service is great. You pay the extra to not be hosed about essentially which is fine by me.

Automated cars sound like a dire experience to me, as someone who actually enjoys the act of driving. I'm convinced they will lead to some massive wrecks where the AI can't figure out what to do and drives you underneath an 18 wheeler in the opposite lane. Just gimme a hybrid/e-vic but without the automation bollocks.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 3, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The one feature I did like was the adaptive cruise control, you can set an upper limit and it will slow down if there's a car in front of you. That I found to be fairly reliable and an improvement over my current one that only has a lower bound and no other functionality.

But yeah the steering was a hindrance more than anything, and several times seemed to completely misread the road and push the wheel into oncoming traffic or totally inappropriate lanes. Horrifying that they ship cars with that and worse that it's on by default.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Must be, I still to this day don't understand how that Count Arthur Strong got multiple series and a tv show.
poo poo, didn't know this was a Linehan show.

Slimchandi
May 13, 2005
That finger on your temple is the barrel of my raygun
I thought this was the name of a long lost radio comedy I heard years ago. It wasn't but it led me to track it down: 'Ed Reardon's Week' .Thankyou.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It gets easier (as the cost of each ingredient increases by 20% each week)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I've been dealing with my MP, a tory and hes actually really good. Sorted out a few things for me.

Which I get is awkward.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Must be, I still to this day don't understand how that Count Arthur Strong got multiple series and a tv show.

I was actually there for the recording of the S1 finale of the TV show. This was in 2013 when glinner was not yet famous as an insane shithead in my defence.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

happyhippy posted:

God, that show was loving rank rotten. Radio 4 has broadcast some absolutely dire sitcoms in that 6:30pm slot, like Cabin Pressure, but Count Arthur Strong was among the worst. And then it got on TV & loads of people were talking about how great it was & it was a deeply alienating moment.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

God, that show was loving rank rotten. Radio 4 has broadcast some absolutely dire sitcoms in that 6:30pm slot, like Cabin Pressure, but Count Arthur Strong was among the worst. And then it got on TV & loads of people were talking about how great it was & it was a deeply alienating moment.

it was mostly mediocre with one or two great moments imo

definitely proof that glinner is not the midas touch of his projects tho

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Chatrapati posted:

Ditto. But isn't this an incentive for voting someone who you agree with? Safe seats to me, have been a reason to vote with my conscience.
Unfortunately neither Sinn Fein nor the SNP run candidates in Bournemouth West for some reason. (Did one of those blind 'which party do your views most closely correlate to' quizzes, and surprise! All the mainstream English parties are poo poo!)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've been dealing with my MP, a tory and hes actually really good. Sorted out a few things for me.

Which I get is awkward.

You're a property developer. He sees you as one of his own.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

Same. I'm conflicted because RLB is a good 'un but I'm really struggling with the fact that voting labour is a lost cause.

At this point, Labour as a party is so relentlessly hostile to the public (and especially minorities) that I'd say running as a candidate for them is itself a moral and ideological failure. You either rebel and get kicked out, or you're forced to toe the line for some absolutely horrific policy from the same school of thought that's been ravaging the country for a decade.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

OwlFancier posted:

Yorkshire also was bad for branches. I have some nearby they're just a pain to park at so I haven't had a contactless card for about four years as a result because I forgot the pin for the card and haven't bothered to fix it.

Now arguably yes I have probably spent a full working day of entering my pin repeatedly in that time but I am still not going to do anything about it.

i have the same pin for everything so somehow i managed to unfreeze my tsb student acct after 10 years abroad

bank of scotland app is pish cos u have to log out and back in everytime to get updated balance, think lloyds uses the same reskinned app too

anyhoo just got a free tenner from doing a cashapp referral

Kill All Cops fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 4, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Payndz posted:

All the mainstream English parties are poo poo!)

I have bad news about the rest of England.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

smellmycheese posted:

The fact the BBC is willing to put its name to this shows just how fully captured by Johnson’s henchmen it now is

https://twitter.com/willfrombarnet/status/1621204644608319489?s=46&t=56NHEKJH_A7UIY2d7uC5Aw
Jon Holmes, eh? I seem to remember him getting fired from Virgin Radio in like 2001 for getting a nine-year-old girl to say the phrase "soapy tit wank" live on air

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Drinkslinger posted:

Jon Holmes, eh? I seem to remember him getting fired from Virgin Radio in like 2001 for getting a nine-year-old girl to say the phrase "soapy tit wank" live on air

:ohno:

Very Normal Island

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Which I get is awkward.

Tories can be good on a constituency level, particularly when the constituent in question is also a Tory oval office. It makes them look more human.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Drinkslinger posted:

Also, as I read it, a beautiful example of someone clearly writing their own Wikipedia page. His Radio 6 show being described as "subversive edginess very much in the Morris style" is a personal highlight.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

particularly when the constituent in question is also a Tory oval office. .

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jedit posted:

particularly when the constituent in question is also a Tory oval office

Oof