Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
thin crust, extra spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Running over with the liquid hot metal like that chef that ladles foaming hot butter all over the food

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

EEKA GEEK posted:

Running over with the liquid hot metal like that chef that ladles foaming hot butter all over the food

for reference

https://i.imgur.com/4D9oLsZ.mp4

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/RegionalUSFood/status/1530975236274892801
https://twitter.com/RegionalUSFood/status/1527003470800506880
https://twitter.com/RegionalUSFood/status/1593615762639527937

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

america needs to be stopped

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

People defending this with "the cheese melts in the box!"

Yeah, no it won't, but enjoy your lukewarm and maybe slightly sticky cheese

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was not sure which end of the tomato pie scale Alabama was gonna end up on, but those all look solid.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If you think of tomato pie (in this sense) as bad pizza then you're the one loving up. It's a savory pie, like a quiche

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The story with the unmelted cheese, according to the supposed inventor, is that his customers were literally too stupid to wait for their pizza to cool and would burn their mouths on hot cheese, so he started to layer cold cheese on top to protect his clientele from their own toddler-like lack of survival instinct.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

these things easily defeat St Louis in the badzza battle. breathtaking, really. hey Pennsylvania, are you ok?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

uber_stoat posted:

hey Pennsylvania, are you ok?

They absolutely are not.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

The story with the unmelted cheese, according to the supposed inventor, is that his customers were literally too stupid to wait for their pizza to cool and would burn their mouths on hot cheese, so he started to layer cold cheese on top to protect his clientele from their own toddler-like lack of survival instinct.

sounds about right for ohio

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

steinrokkan posted:

I"m too stupid not to burn my mouth on hot pizza, every drat time, but I don't complain about it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I"m too stupid not to burn my mouth on hot pizza, every drat time, but I don't complain about it.

Yeah I don't need my pizzaman protecting me from my own bad choices

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

If you think of tomato pie (in this sense) as bad pizza then you're the one loving up. It's a savory pie, like a quiche

Like I wouldn't call them pizza, but they looks legit good. Had plenty of quiches and best ones usually have generous helpings of tomatoes in/on them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I believe it's Philly that has a "tomato pie" that is actually pizza. Just bread and sauce I think.

Not sure why that is since pizza is essentially a cheese delivery system with some condiments.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like a survivor of those 60s Chef Boyardee "pizza mixes" where the cheese was an afterthought sprinkled on from a little packet, like more than a tsp of cheese would give you nightmares and dropsy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Data Graham posted:

like more than a tsp of cheese would give you nightmares and dropsy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I believe it's Philly that has a "tomato pie" that is actually pizza. Just bread and sauce I think.

Not sure why that is since pizza is essentially a cheese delivery system with some condiments.

Yet more proof that Pennsylvania should be bombed to glass for Pizza Crimes

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Yet more proof that Pennsylvania should be bombed to glass for Pizza Crimes

I would like to establish a safe zone around Lititz on account of their specialty being a good tomato pie

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dominos Big Dac pizza was astonishingly both like a Big Mac in flavor and really good to eat. 9/10

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1621331069328052225

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Between that and the cheeseburger toad I'm not convinced they've come up with the best possible idea for camouflage

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Barudak posted:

Dominos Big Dac pizza was astonishingly both like a Big Mac in flavor and really good to eat. 9/10

I've been thinking about this enough that I got the version my local place makes tonight. It has thousand island sauce, mozzarella & cheddar, bacon & ground beef, pickles, and a cheese sauce drizzle on top. It's super good, especially because I swapped out the bacon this time to make it less salty. Turns out mushrooms also work well on it, maybe they'll go on a Big Mac too?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ql89tAz.gifv

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Eww, are those what I think they are?

... black olives?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

it's a mosh pitzza

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've been thinking about this enough that I got the version my local place makes tonight. It has thousand island sauce, mozzarella & cheddar, bacon & ground beef, pickles, and a cheese sauce drizzle on top. It's super good, especially because I swapped out the bacon this time to make it less salty. Turns out mushrooms also work well on it, maybe they'll go on a Big Mac too?

Well now I gotta go to my local one when they bring back the mushroom burger and see if they'll do it for me.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

uber_stoat posted:

these things easily defeat St Louis in the badzza battle. breathtaking, really. hey Pennsylvania, are you ok?

To be fair, it's only one specific town in Pennsylvania.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The inception of Ohio valley pizza may make it the most authentically American style of all despite not being eaten nationwide

The cold cheese I understand; something about the grating process makes eating uncooked mozzarella extra delicious. Who doesn’t enjoy sampling a bit of cheese during the preparation process? Perhaps ironically however I feel putting unheated slices of pepperoni on the served product is a bridge too far

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I love shredded cheese and cold pepperoni, I just don't want them anywhere near a nice hot slice. Mixing temperatures like that doesn't work at all for me.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ohio Valley pizza keeps the hot stuff hot and the cold stuff cold. How do it know??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Here-a come my posts

https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1622460099900936193

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1623414082031460353

Oh...oh no...

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
say, I recognize that logo in the lower left!

apparently the sauce was only available in-restaurant and was surprisingly good on wings

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/yZPnbz3.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a construction crew in front of my house a few years ago and I was mesmerized by the skill of the guy operating some piece of equipment like that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
gently caress yeah that's awesome

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah I've seen guys who can do that stuff and the machine is basically just an extension of them. I guess that's what working in one for like 20 years does to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
They didn't screw the lid back on those bottles.

How rude!!!