Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ooh, a bumblebee triple changer? Now that's interesting! I wonder how they integrated a beast mode into the movie design

Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

flavor.flv posted:

Ooh, a bumblebee triple changer? Now that's interesting! I wonder how they integrated a beast mode into the movie design

Oh.

More of a Kazooie situation there. Or something.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

That's Skullcruncher I think.
It's probably Megatron.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I don't care for the line as a whole but lmao that the first time Rhinox gets a chaingun of doom that isn't lame as hell is when he turns into one

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/AnArmyofBees/status/1620849706556588032

More Earthspark, interested in why one guy is in his Transmetal Colors and not his normal ones.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Presumably because those colors are cooler looking, I wouldn't read into the lore.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Shiftypenguin posted:

He is so loving metal. I see him and hear Christopher Lee's voice and am VERY sad that will never happen.

Also, super excited for the Devcon release but am worried they'll find a way to gently caress it up, cuz you know, monkey's paw.

Hey, there's always Corey Burton's spot-on impression. He voiced Dooku in Clone Wars.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wonder how Peter Dinklage is going to be in the role. The last time he voiced a robot wasn't super well received, but he's done a few more voice roles since then and hopefully a killer space robot will let him have a wider range of emotion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Kapow Toys in the UK have made a statement about the new waves.

How splendid for people in another country, to have Transformers figures actually on shelves, let alone make it all the way to being marked down for clearance. Delightful.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

arsenicCatnip posted:

I don't care for the line as a whole but lmao that the first time Rhinox gets a chaingun of doom that isn't lame as hell is when he turns into one

The rhino flesh... bulges to either side are just a bit to evocative of a ball sack for my tastes. The position of the barrel isn't helping.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DisposableHero posted:

The rhino flesh... bulges to either side are just a bit to evocative of a ball sack for my tastes.

I swear to god y'all let the silliest things affect your enjoyment of toys

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I picked up Core class Slug today and he is a funny little guy. Sure the robot mode is a bit compromised, but with these guys how much do you actually care about that? Dino mode looks pretty good, and the combiner torso mode is promising. Also, huge for a Core class, his dino mode towers over the coretobots.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nodosaur posted:

I swear to god y'all let the silliest things affect your enjoyment of toys

Kinda reminds me of people who have weird reactions to words like moist. Silly.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also complaining about something looking phallic in a series where a large percentage of characters turn into guns sure is something

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nodosaur posted:

also complaining about something looking phallic in a series where a large percentage of characters turn into guns sure is something

Hasbro didn’t care after G1 Scattorshot, they love phallic toys.

Edit: I will buy the butt gun. It’s dumb and that’s what makes toys good.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 1, 2023

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

I'm perfectly willing to admit it's my personal bias at play here rather than actual design failure. It's like a Rorschach test and the only person on display here is me showing where my head is at.

Weirdly, I have never so much conflated the guns in general to phallic imagery.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

DisposableHero posted:

The rhino flesh... bulges to either side are just a bit to evocative of a ball sack for my tastes. The position of the barrel isn't helping.

Well now I'm sold

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DisposableHero posted:

Can someone read this in Werner Herzog’s voice and post it? Thanks.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Can someone read this in Werner Herzog’s voice and post it? Thanks.

No but you can get a Werner Herzog action figure for dirt cheap.

https://a.co/d/31YJhUl

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I don't normally go for the simplified stuff but the fact that Tigatron's beast head becomes a little kitten that sits on Primal's arm might sell me that one all by itself.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Okay that's cute.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Mp52 Skyfire landed in Singapore today

And here with some of his earlier versions

Overall I'm happier than a pig in poo poo to get him, this is first the mp I've bought since MP-36, I've been so happy with siege/wfc/kingdom that I was ok not getting any masterpiece stuff anymore. The Siege jetfire is amazing, but Skyfire's one of the transformers I get every version of, the other being soundwave. I like his designs, have a lot of sentimental attachment to the original Macross repaint in the vintage G1 line, etc.

This is good as I can imagine it getting, the alt mode is fantastic if you're into the g1 style, they really nailed it in my eyes at least.

There was a lot or raised eyebrows at the shop I bought it from as they all came with triple tape over them right out of the cartons. Not sure what Takara was worried about, everything inside was in place. this kind of thing doesn't really bother me but if you see it in the west, don't worry, they all seem to be ok here.

I had an absolute motherfucker of a time getting the right elbow to tab in. There's two tabs, one on a sliding panel the shoulder connects to, and another on the other side of said panel which connects to the body. I f I could get one in, the other hosed off on me and it took me 15 minutes or so to get it to work. I'm really bad at transfomering, so it may just be me being dumb. I think he might be considered fairly easy to transform by by standards of masterpieces today, problems with tabs non withstanding. It wasn't as bad as say Ultra Magnus's trailer.

It's too big for my shelves, and his weight is a bit off so he's kind of tipsy as he's pretty top heavy. I'm a bit terrified of him falling so I'm going to put him on a work table full of guitar pedals, he'll fit in there and can lean against the wall.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
He looks lovely, Gila. And the guitars look pretty drat nifty too, especially the green one.

Now the real question: where are his adorable wee mini figs!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Masterpiece Trailbreaker comes with some stickers. Apparently there was ONE SCENE in the cartoon where most of the side cab windows were mostly blacked out so if you're REALLY INTO that one scene where Trailbreaker uses his radar dish to scan for whatever it was he was scanning for, you may use those black stickers to choose to recreate that moment forever in vehicle mode.

And some extra Autobot symbols.

10/10 would recommend.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Sentinel Red posted:

He looks lovely, Gila. And the guitars look pretty drat nifty too, especially the green one.

Now the real question: where are his adorable wee mini figs!

Thank you!

The mini figs are still inside his various compartments, he's got closets on his leg armor they can go into as well. They are articulated on ball joints so the arms and legs come off pretty easy, and if they go into that pocket dimension where all my batarangs, storm trooper pistols and gundam fingers magically disappear to, I would be very sad.

You can also store his extra faces and the two chest plates not being used in his backpack, which is a really nice touch. I just found out playing with him right now that in his altmode, you can change the backpack so that it's got two protruding pieces ala the macross armor instead of just the one big red block he had in the sunbow cartoon, which is a nice touch.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sooper Gila posted:

you can change the backpack so that it's got two protruding pieces ala the macross armor instead of just the one big red block he had in the sunbow cartoon, which is a nice touch.

:stare: goddamn, and we've already seen he can GERWALK. Well done Takara.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Sooper Gila posted:

Thank you!

The mini figs are still inside his various compartments, he's got closets on his leg armor they can go into as well. They are articulated on ball joints so the arms and legs come off pretty easy, and if they go into that pocket dimension where all my batarangs, storm trooper pistols and gundam fingers magically disappear to, I would be very sad.

I think they meant can you give us photos and also how big are they?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I will guess that they all fit in Skyfire's pockets, which means we definitely would like to see pictures. :3:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

this Not Seaspray(tm) would be pretty tempting if I wasn't holding off on bot purchases

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

this Not Seaspray(tm) would be pretty tempting if I wasn't holding off on bot purchases

Can recommend. He doesn't have the tubby look as nicely as the FT one, but it's a well made, fun transformer, with a TON of fun accessories. I got this for my MP G2 shelf, that way the more "accurate" one from FT is in my main G1 MP collection.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Red Rox posted:

I think they meant can you give us photos and also how big are they?
apologies in advance, i have no skill whatsoever at photography, I used a lego minifig here for size comparison as well as some recent minibotdudes

The minifigures have 8 points of articulation, the hips and shoulders are balljoints and they have pinned hinges in their knees and elbows. There are quite a few places they can fit, I took pictures of everything accessible in robot mode as I'm still too stressed out about that shoulder joint to transform it again yet. There is one place to put them in the jetform that can't be accessed in the robot mode, a bay under the body that has a ramp that opens. This one is kind of dangerous to store the minifigs in as you have to put their legs down into two slots, the ball joints aren't that tight, and the legs can easily fall off into jetfires innards. They'll come out rather easy, but perhaps too easy, good way to loose them in carpeting or what have you.

The bays and closets and pockets and whatever you call them have molded interiors with either silver paint or colored plastic. even the insides of the doors and poo poo are molded with retro future panels and such. The cockpits have molded buttons and all that in the control stations for the minifigures but I can't get that angle to show you

here's the cockpit open

I don't know quite how to describes this, but if you see on his forearm where it goes up to meet the elbow there's a triangular block going up almost like a ramp or a wedge shape, those tilt forward into his arm when you bend his arms up so as not to shorten range of motion but still keep the design intact and low kibble. I like this a lot.

Also take back what I said earlier about his stability, his hips are quite complex and i just figured them out while taking these pics. Those red pieces are die cast and they move around as well as the ratchet joints and swivels and gods knows what else in the hip joints under them. But moving those die cast pieces around balances him pretty well if you don't want to use the stand.

The cybertronian pouces on each of his legs that you can stash the minifigures in are not identical pieces, they sculpted totally different interiors and doors, that even open in opposite directions:

and the other

Optimus is too big to fit in these so he has his own control space inside the backpack

while taking these pictures I found the panels on the back of his legs can open, there's some molded details and grills on the interiors and you can the see the back of the landing gear (which also have molding and paint on the insides of their doors). I'm not sure the reason for this, I remember some of the Takatoku Macross toys had storage spaces built into them that opened like this so maybe it's a homage?

You can also adjust the length of each thruster individually. I'm not really sure if that refers to some animation model, as the instructions tell you to shorten them in his robot form.

The last mp i think i bought was ratchet, so by those standards Takara seems to have pulled out all the stops on this one, it feels like the people who designed it love the character quite a bit. I mean there's even a blank white panel to go along with the autobot and decepticon badge panels on his chest. The actual space underneath them is almost totally the same, the blank panel covers up one small line of kibble basically. Even the stand for the jetmode is really cool, molded and colored to look like the ark the connectors are transparent plastic too so they'll look as innocuous as possible.

Here's where he's going to be for a while, I'm totally out of space in all my toyshelves for big sized stuff, i'm going to add another shelf to the top of this table so I can display that x wing and a lego spaceship i got for xmas properly. I'll put him up there with them whenever ikea gets the poo poo back in stock.

Phy posted:

:stare: goddamn, and we've already seen he can GERWALK. Well done Takara.

The Gerwalk mode is really nice too, feels like it was designed specifically to be able to do it as opposed to kind of halfway mistransformed/half way brute forced into a position that some of the previous toys feel like.

My only complaint is about the blast effect parts. unlike the siege version they're too wide to fit more than one barrel on the gun at a time. One of mine also doesn't like to stay in the thruster. The macross visor/mask doesn't clamp into place in anyway that I can tell, it literally just sits there and will fall off pretty easy. I don't ever attach them, but I'm always happy when they add them, so I'm not broken up about this but it might piss someone else off if you were really into the macross homage.

I don't know how much these cost in the west, I do know Takara stuff is much cheaper here though, when I started collecting again back when Henkei started they were actually cheaper than the generations stuff that was often sold right next to them. I also got a really good pre-order deal, so there's that too. If the price is crazy and you're not a Jetfire superfan the Siege version is perfectly awesome still (I'm assuming the Siege was/is easy to get, it went on clearance here). But if the price is ok for you I would highly recommend this.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

xZAOx posted:

Can recommend. He doesn't have the tubby look as nicely as the FT one, but it's a well made, fun transformer, with a TON of fun accessories. I got this for my MP G2 shelf, that way the more "accurate" one from FT is in my main G1 MP collection.

Does he come in blue? He looks neat but that purple just looks wrong.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Xenomrph posted:

Does he come in blue? He looks neat but that purple just looks wrong.

Yeah, the normal G1 release was first.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

What an adorable little rescue car

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Renegade announced a new expansion for the Transformers Deck Building Game today, which is pretty good but not amazing if you're into that kind of thing. Not much detail but the cover art always shows the playable characters in each box. In this case there's eight, four from each side.

Optimus (Cybertron Version), Megatron (Cybertron Version), Prowl, Slipstream, Elita One, Hun-Grrr, Hot Rod, and...who's the blue and white guy?

I honestly have no idea and it's bothering me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Keldroc posted:

and...who's the blue and white guy?
I honestly have no idea and it's bothering me.

Pretty sure its a new character called YerMom

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

Pretty sure its a new character called YerMom

What does YerMom turn into?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Keldroc posted:

What does YerMom turn into?

Hard to tell from the bot mode but YerMom is a Zeplin

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

Hard to tell from the bot mode but YerMom is a Zeplin

YerMom seems more like the gunboat type to me but you're the expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Keldroc posted:

YerMom seems more like the gunboat type to me but you're the expert.

There’s a lot of mass shifting going on with YerMom