Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Wormskull posted:

60 YEAR OLD PARANOID GULF WAR VET (Far Cry 5, 6, probably Crysis 3, probably Doomy Turtle, etc): Haha don’t worry, we, the developers, know that climbing 5000 foot towers sucks so you only have to do this one once, gamer, for the sake of this joke that blew our decrepit minds.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah I’m an Old School Gamer (Singularity, Kane & Lynch, Haze)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*wipes tear from my eye* Yep haha. 600 Pound “FunkoPop God” Simon from IT is a genius when it comes to making fun of poo poo we put in our own games. He has a real knack for pointing out why our games suck major rear end cheeks.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

*wipes tear from my eye* Yep haha. 600 Pound “FunkoPop God” Simon from IT is a genius when it comes to making fun of poo poo we put in our own games. He has a real knack for pointing out why our games suck major rear end cheeks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that bad games are good when the characters make fun of how bad they are

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*very slowly and affectless* Thanks guys, gals, and everyone else. Follow me at @2d20snutz for more of my thoughts on modern gaming tropes.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Wormskull posted:

60 YEAR OLD PARANOID GULF WAR VET (Far Cry 5, 6, probably Crysis 3, probably Doomy Turtle, etc): Haha don’t worry, we, the developers, know that climbing 5000 foot towers sucks so you only have to do this one once, gamer, for the sake of this joke that blew our decrepit minds.

Wormskull posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I’m real sick of games where the characters don’t take the premise seriously so all they do is tell you the writer’s jokes constantly, which pisses me off because if it was funny I would have laughed and I don’t need Josh Wheedon telling me what to laugh at. Even BG3 which I been loving is like that with all except one companion, my fair lady Lae’zel who takes the game dead loving seriously and is way funnier than all the snarky British dillweeds anyone could throw at you for it.

im really looking forward to bg3 but man thats depressing

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Wormskull posted:

lmao

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

Yeah

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Leadthumb posted:

When the boy told the girl, "ugh, you sound like a video game tutorial." I uninstalled that game.
Filtered by 3 seconds of dialogue lol.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

yeh...

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gbs unpopular video game opinions thread getting a special thanks in the credits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe Far Cry: Blood Dragon was an entire retail product of that concept, as the complete narrative.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

gbs unpopular video game opinions thread getting a special thanks in the credits

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

It still kicks a lot of rear end, at least to a CRPG noob like me, to play, but as with most games these days I pretty much despise most of the cutscenes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At least with the dialogue for the PC only like 1/4 answers are Nathan Drake tier trash instead of 3/4 or all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You should have to hold R, for Retard, when you click or press the button for one of Those dialogue options.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I’m real sick of games where the characters don’t take the premise seriously so all they do is tell you the writer’s jokes constantly, which pisses me off because if it was funny I would have laughed and I don’t need Josh Wheedon telling me what to laugh at. Even BG3 which I been loving is like that with all except one companion, my fair lady Lae’zel who takes the game dead loving seriously and is way funnier than all the snarky British dillweeds anyone could throw at you for it.

in doom eternal theres a robot who cracks wise and tells you wear to go in your head like cortana but later on its replaced with a sexy gothic badboy demon. there's also a zany uac hologram lady who cracks wise about summoning demons. FORTUNATELY all the cutscenes you can skip by holding a button so you can get straight to business! thats right! playing a more restrictive version of serious sam.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

in doom eternal theres a robot who cracks wise and tells you wear to go in your head like cortana but later on its replaced with a sexy gothic badboy demon. there's also a zany uac hologram lady who cracks wise about summoning demons. FORTUNATELY all the cutscenes you can skip by holding a button so you can get straight to business! thats right! playing a more restrictive version of serious sam.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In BG3 I opened a barn door onto a bugbear loving an ogre in the rear end over a mangled corpse and the 2nd dialogue option was “Whoa, I just heard a bunch of noise and wanted to join in the fun! Haha.” Like dude. Stfu.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nobody has any loving confidence, it's like gbs poster poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

attn all devs: i want to hear abot the sick worlds you spent hours thinkin about and comin up with cool ideas for. doin lovely jokes about it is the sign of a mewling coward. thank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There are some cool NPCs in there though like an old human lady in a Tiefling settlement who says a bunch of Flannery O’Connor style old timey (but “good natured” style) racist poo poo about the various fantasy races lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Doody Turdal.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

welcome posted:

Doody Turdal.

My comedy influences? Nathan Drake. Master Chief. Gordon Freeman as RPed by GBS goons in 2008. The usual.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

My comedy influences? Nathan Drake. Master Chief. Gordon Freeman as RPed by GBS goons in 2008. The usual.

https://archive.org/details/hlcomic/page/n1/mode/2up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol this.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I think this is pretty much why I couldn’t get into pillars of eternity 2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
la mulana and either persona 3 or elden ring randomizer. cant decide

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah I’m an Old School Gamer (Singularity, Kane & Lynch, Haze)
Kane and Lynch 2 was cool, it wasn't really an enjoyable game to play but I love how deliberately and unrepentantly unpleasant it was. Singularity was a pretty fun straightforward shooter as well. Can't really remember the other one? Something at the edge of my memory...

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I'm playing We ♥ Katamari for the first time ever, haven't played any Katamari Damacy games past the first one at all. Rolling up giant swarms of fish all at once in the underwater level was cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What up TikTok Nation. I love all that cringe poo poo in my videogames. I loving love it when Dawn Horizon says yall and the purple haired white girl says nameen. I guess I'm just built different. *drops phone revealing my massive drooping gut, making me look fully nude even though I'm in my gamer shorts*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

What up TikTok Nation. I love all that cringe poo poo in my videogames. I loving love it when Dawn Horizon says yall and the purple haired white girl says nameen. I guess I'm just built different. *drops phone revealing my massive drooping gut, making me look fully nude even though I'm in my gamer shorts*

lmfao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmgao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao