Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think Ringside News needs to join the Trevor club, in that we just don't mention him any more.

He's not having a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the boot story

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

If you as a non wrestler booked yourself to be world champ then you don't get to call anyone else a mark.

Not only that, but also in a match in which you spend way too much time beating the poo poo out of the champion, coming off like you're loving King Kong.

Didn't Russo also book himself to beat Flair in a match where he spent ages in the Figure-Four without tapping?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think Kayfabe has some good ideas

https://twitter.com/Kayfabe32363018/status/1621665355906285568

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Thankfully cheering is back in Japan, so we'll be able to hear all of those fans cheer uproariously the next time Okada uses the Money Clip.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was cheering for the Money Clip at the Dome

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I cheer the World Famous Money Clip so loud they can hear me from Australia

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Thank you. Unfortunately some unpleasant fake fans pretend it is bad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you. Unfortunately some unpleasant fake fans pretend it is bad.

It’s Taichi and YOSHI-HASHI all over again

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Not only that, but also in a match in which you spend way too much time beating the poo poo out of the champion, coming off like you're loving King Kong.

Didn't Russo also book himself to beat Flair in a match where he spent ages in the Figure-Four without tapping?

I'm not sure if Russo actually booked it that way or if it was a typical late-WCW production screwup -- there was supposed to be a load of "blood" dropped on them while Russo was in the figure-four, but it took forever for the blood to actually fall.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I was thinking Okada needed to use the Cobra Flowsion to beat Kaito at the dome but now I know the best finish thank you

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yep, fans totally boo submission holds, which is why the crowd got continually louder and more hype while Jericho had Mox in the Walls of Jericho for an entire commercial break

And I know these dorks don't watch Japanese stuff outside of twitter clips but I saw a really good match end with a Figure 4 Leglock just this week

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

You're Welsh, that's almost as bad as the uncultured Americans that boo submissions. :mad:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The only hold I will ever cheer for is the ultra-realistic Paradise Lock

bartok
May 10, 2006

wrong thread

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Superkicks? No thank you! I wanna see believable moves like Sweet Chin Music.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wrestling is only believable when it's a fat pedophile throwing punches as a dude flies back like he got punched by Popeye.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Wrestling is only believable when it's a fat pedophile throwing punches as a dude flies back like he got punched by Popeye.

Hogan/Michaels at Summerslam 05(?) is still one of the greatest wrestling matches ever.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I remember back in '74, Kaiser Von Eyegouge had Franky "I'm From Here" Humbleson in an abdominal stretch for 45 minutes. Children were crying, women fainted, no less than 4 grandmothers with knives jumped the barricade! Now that was wrestling!

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Why do you interact with these people and post about it

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

MRT is working the leg of an internet rando old school SA style. Kids like you just don’t recognize the art.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

These people always give the game away by mentioning specific wrestlers who used to work a body part sometimes. If it was universal then you wouldn’t have to name any names.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Atillo posted:

MRT is working the leg of an internet rando old school SA style. Kids like you just don’t recognize the art.

Kids today go right for the Ligmas and Bofas with absolutely no build up.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Kids today go right for the Ligmas and Bofas with absolutely no build up.

they got no appreciation for true shitposting psychology

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

keithy george posted:

These people always give the game away by mentioning specific wrestlers who used to work a body part sometimes. If it was universal then you wouldn’t have to name any names.

Funny thing is, most of the time you'd watch these wrestler work over a specific body part, then win the match in a way that had nothing to do with it.

Like Arn would work an arm or leg, then win with a gordbuster or DDT.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Am I misjudging the age of this type of wrestling fan? Are they in their 70s? Because I always get the feeling they're in their 40s and 50s which would have put them smack in the middle of growing up with Rock & Wrestling and the Attitude era in which case what the gently caress are they on about??

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
They just regurgitate stuff they heard on podcasts, almost verbatim. The only idea they're committed to is that older wrestling is good and newer wrestling is bad, and they will repeat anything they hear that justifies that belief, even if it doesn't make sense. That's why they'll criticise modern wrestling for having no pacing, no psychology, too OTT/goofy etc. then in the same breath say Attitude Era WWF is their favourite period in wrestling

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

1glitch0 posted:

Am I misjudging the age of this type of wrestling fan? Are they in their 70s? Because I always get the feeling they're in their 40s and 50s which would have put them smack in the middle of growing up with Rock & Wrestling and the Attitude era in which case what the gently caress are they on about??

You can tell the dumb rear end in a top hat doesn't actually watch any wrestling because if he did, he'd see chain wrestling and submission spots get pops and big reactions on Dynamite and Rampage every week. Like this kid is nuts says, they're just regurgitating poo poo they heard cornette say.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
The part about a figure four or cobra clutch getting boos is just so dumb. Moxley wins with a headlock and gets cheered for it. People would love a figure four or cobra clutch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

He's a 52-year-old reply guy

https://twitter.com/Kayfabe32363018/status/1621814698856558592?t=4AL6LI_K6HhumJMrCQ97Wg&s=19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That's not a question

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Quid posted:

The part about a figure four or cobra clutch getting boos is just so dumb. Moxley wins with a headlock and gets cheered for it. People would love a figure four or cobra clutch.

When Jay or Jeff use the figure four, it gets a small positive crowd reaction every time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rarity posted:

That's not a question

When Wayne said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, the Great One was talking about him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Generico posted:

When Jay or Jeff use the figure four, it gets a small positive crowd reaction every time.

Leg perverts will not be denied.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sex Farm posted:

Because I want to learn more about their opinions and if one of them seems kind of funny or related I will throw it in here.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ah yes, this is totally a shoot. No, I’m not as dumb as a sack of rocks, why would you say that!?!

https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1621623216312668160

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Half the fun of Online is interacting with the weirdest people you'll even meet.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Because I want to learn more about their opinions and if one of them seems kind of funny or related I will throw it in here.

Just wondering! I know "don't touch the poop" has been a thing for a long time and you're like elbow deep in the poop showing it off too people. It's a selfless public service i suppose

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The natural reaction to reading that tweet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sex Farm posted:

Just wondering! I know "don't touch the poop" has been a thing for a long time and you're like elbow deep in the poop showing it off too people. It's a selfless public service i suppose

There are only a few people I subscribe to the notion of not tapping the glass and they are both named Mike.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1621946391336558595