Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

...malicious intent?

Well, this is Bitcoin. Probably more accurate as salacious intent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
"depicts a man manipulating his anus"

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

"Surprisingly the image pre-dates Bitcoin but manages to serve as a perfect allegory of cryptocurrencies."

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
hello.eth

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

General Bullshit > Bitcoin: hello.eth

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

jokes posted:

There's a lot of overlap between libertarians, crypto people, and pedophiles. My feeling is that normal people don't have a lot of understanding, nor opinion, on age of consent laws but if you talk to a libertarian or a crypto person long enough, they'll almost always include age of consent laws in their thirst for deregulation.

I don't know about Seraph specifically but so many people who were seemingly normal were emboldened during Crypto's runup to wear their pedophilia on their sleeve.

Remember that dumb, creepy tweet about age of consent laws on the crypto island?

e: here it is
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1480230151317192706

When I first read the word libertine it was in reference to a pedophile and I honestly thought the person had just misspelled libertarian

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The only people who should have any strong feeling about AOC are stupid teenagers that dont understand romeo and juilet laws.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Thought this was some kind of weird political rant for a hot second, was confused what a junior democratic congresswoman had to do with Romeo and Juliet laws.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Of all the hilarious poo poo thats happened in crypto, that cryptoland video still has to be #1 or close to it

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cyrano4747 posted:

Thought this was some kind of weird political rant for a hot second, was confused what a junior democratic congresswoman had to do with Romeo and Juliet laws.

AOC doesnt have anything to do with cyrpto, and as far as I know she isnt a pedo

pedos have feelings about AOC, interest in cyrpto.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
https://twitter.com/WAForeskins/status/1103511805597491200?s=20

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ups_rail posted:

The only people who should have any strong feeling about AOC are stupid teenagers that dont understand romeo and juilet laws.

To be fair those aren't universal. Not that teenaged protogoon me was getting any anyway.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
God imagine still being like "any day now!" after 14 years of big wet fart. Widespread internet access started changing things almost immediately, and after 14 years of being mainstream the whole world ran on it. Cryptos big accomplishment has been making a lot of very stupid people poorer, and a handful of vicious shitheads fake wealthy

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

feedmegin posted:

To be fair those aren't universal. Not that teenaged protogoon me was getting any anyway.

teenaged me was, sometimes, and the idea that teenagers generally think about this poo poo any further than "can we get away with this for ~20 minutes" and maybe if you're lucky "do we have protection?" is fuckin laughable.

This isn't to suggest there haven't been some gross uses of sex-crime laws to prosecute consensual behavior, there definitely have. But I don't think anyone worried about it, until they found themselves weirdly in some regressive sex court. And I don't think that people who post a lot on reddit or w/e about how they are worried about it have my kids best interests in mind, quite the fuckin contrary in fact.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

drk posted:

Of all the hilarious poo poo thats happened in crypto, that cryptoland video still has to be #1 or close to it

it's really something

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

cryptocurrency shills now moving on to chatgpt ai shilling
https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/2/23582772/chatgpt-ai-get-rich-quick-schemes-hustlers-web

quote:

The launch of ChatGPT last November capped a year of AI hype, and for startups seeking funding and influencers looking for followers, those two letters have supplanted crypto, Web3, and NFTs as the buzzword du jour. “Last year, a ton of companies that couldn’t raise were baptizing themselves as web3 crypto companies,” one VC investor told Bloomberg recently. “The same is happening now with AI.” Indeed, scroll back through the timelines of many ChatGPT hustlers, and you’ll soon find advice on how to spot no-lose coins and must-have apes. Now, though, the pivot is to AI.

Edit: Article image:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

And I don't think that people who post a lot on reddit or w/e about how they are worried about it have my kids best interests in mind, quite the fuckin contrary in fact.

What I remember was sophomore dates a senior. senior graduates and now its a weird place. like a 19 year old has a 17 year old gf. Other people know about this and have opinions. like the kids parents, friends, family teacher etc.

So imo a person whose like 21-22 whose been there or seen his friends in that place, can have an opinion on AOC, but in general older people worrying or other wise thinking about teenagers doing stupid horny things is a red flag.

Why would a man in his 30/40/50 s care about AOC since it shouldnt matter to him?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/2/23582772/chatgpt-ai-get-rich-quick-schemes-hustlers-web

how long until we start to see medical treatments for NFTFace? It looks serious

Ups_rail posted:

What I remember was sophomore dates a senior. senior graduates and now its a weird place. like a 19 year old has a 17 year old gf. Other people know about this and have opinions. like the kids parents, friends, family teacher etc.

I guess this nails it on the head, I thought about this slightly when I aged past the age of consent before my GF. But, her mom loved me, so not very much.

Ups_rail posted:

Why would a man in his 30/40/50 s care about AOC since it shouldnt matter to him?

because they're libertarians child predators, OP

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 3, 2023

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

how long until we start to see medical treatments for NFTFace? It looks serious

that's just youtube thumbnail style though

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

then my aspiring medical treatment has an even broader demographic!

also, like, I think this is only true of obnoxiously viral-intended videos of certain kinds

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pham Nuwen posted:

I swear I ve seen "youtube thumbnail" sytle photos that look like a bearded man wants to perform oral sex on GPU's etc

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Bitcoin miner sucked me off??

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

then my aspiring medical treatment has an even broader demographic!

also, like, I think this is only true of obnoxiously viral-intended videos of certain kinds

didn't know drewtoothpaste took up snowboarding, good for him

edit: come to the k-12 in the next 33 minutes if u want an rear end kicking

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Strong Sauce posted:

Why is one article worth only 100 bucks, but 50 articles are 1000 bucks per article?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Neito posted:

Why is one article worth only 100 bucks, but 50 articles are 1000 bucks per article?

the tech is scaling in a non linear way, haven't you been keeping up

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Neito posted:

if there's one thing i know in this world, it's that increasing supply increases the per-unit value

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The best part is that by making a bunch of lovely AI "articles" for SEO farming you're making the world a better place.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
As an altruist I didn't get into bitcoin to make money. It was always about bringing banking services to unprivileged communities and fighting government corruption with a currency that's truly free. Also it was about funding my SEO farming operation so that we can convert weaponized disinformation into money. Also it was somewhat about starting a direct to email spam marketing campaign to pump and dump penny stocks.

But basically what you don't understand about the space is that its about helping people.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Ups_rail posted:

So imo a person whose like 21-22 whose been there or seen his friends in that place, can have an opinion on AOC, but in general older people worrying or other wise thinking about teenagers doing stupid horny things is a red flag.

It took me a while to realize the thread was talking about age of consent, I was like "wait, what does Alexandra Ocasio Cortez have to do with romeo and juliet??????" until I finally hit this post and my brain made the last connection.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PurpleXVI posted:

It took me a while to realize the thread was talking about age of consent, I was like "wait, what does Alexandra Ocasio Cortez have to do with romeo and juliet??????" until I finally hit this post and my brain made the last connection.

This is the crypto thread, which is wholesome and has nothing to do with pervert poo poo so it fair

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Just bought 200 bucks worth of shiba coin cause I thought it would be fun to own 19 million of something

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

Just bought 200 bucks worth of shiba coin cause I thought it would be fun to own 19 million of something

Dude, if you give me 100 dollars I'll give you a digital receipt for 190 million offlercoinz (trademark, do not steal). Offer is only valid for 5 minutes after you see it.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

At one point weren't there like billions of Luna (terra?) per $1?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

At one point weren't there like billions of Luna (terra?) per $1?

yes but the unspoken part was "and also maybe, just maybe, it'll actually make me super rich too" so the coins where the scam has already concluded aren't really suitable

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Offler posted:

Dude, if you give me 100 dollars I'll give you a digital receipt for 190 million offlercoinz (trademark, do not steal). Offer is only valid for 5 minutes after you see it.

Yea but I already made 35 bucks of my random bullshit investmet today

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1621561946079379456

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

lol

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1621561966925070336?s=20&t=JpbWIgA1kO6LBJGvJcshXw

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My favorite reply:
https://twitter.com/CsGiumelli/status/1621597640927612928

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
"No worries, the company that I invested all my money in haven't gone tits-up, I'm sure of it. They've only been completely taken over by hackers, so therefore my money must still be safe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

i still don't understand what the argument is even supposed to be for the bag holders. The company (or corporate saboteurs?) is pretending go bankrupt to secretly benefit hedge funds, but redditers are foiling their plot by buying and holding shares?

And if the company doesn't go bankrupt some how, at what point does this transform into a good investment?