Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

sirtommygunn posted:

why were they putting shocker in their deck

(not released in variant form..... yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I just pulled Invisible Woman and Leader out of back to back reserves, I'm feeling pretty good about this stupid game right now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Trucker Hat posted:

I just pulled Invisible Woman and Leader out of back to back reserves, I'm feeling pretty good about this stupid game right now.

I just pulled Sera right after getting She Hulk

Let's make it three for three with Death game, please.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pulled Absorbing Man right after She Hulk, I'm liking this whole downgrade thing, I haven't got a free new card in a while and now I got two good ones

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Thanks to whoever shared their Daredevil list like a week(?) ago. Been tuning it a little since the leader nerf and it's felt really good. Taking me up to an all-time high rank of 76 mostly on its own, after I spewed cubes from 75 down to like to 67.
Here's my current iteration. Haven't really felt like I needed any 6-drops, just jamming another disruptive 5-drop t6 has usually felt strong enough, and I sadly don't own magnet man.

Speaking of spewing cubes: this deck is very good at it, but also very fun in the process.

That may have been me. Here's my current list:

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Rescue
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQb2xhcmlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJlc2N1ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Captain Marvel is in there because I literally just unlocked her yesterday. I'll probably drop her but I'm not sure for who. I think I need Cosmo here.

I would love to have Juggernaut, Spidey and Aero but they don't exist. I might drop Nightcrawler for Iron Fist or even Nova for some extra power.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

When is Leader getting nerfed? I'm trying out a new She-Hulk deck and all of a sudden he's getting dropped every game

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hobo Clown posted:

When is Leader getting nerfed? I'm trying out a new She-Hulk deck and all of a sudden he's getting dropped every game

But Leader has already been nerfed? Now a 6/7 that only copies cards on the right of where Leader was played.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Artelier posted:

But Leader has already been nerfed? Now a 6/7 that only copies cards on the right of where Leader was played.

If he hasn't updated his game yet, he might still be getting matched against pre-nerf Leader players.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

Pulled Absorbing Man right after She Hulk, I'm liking this whole downgrade thing, I haven't got a free new card in a while and now I got two good ones
My last four cards pulled have been Absorbing Man, Aero, Polaris, and Captain Marvel

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just got myself a sweet Magneto now to find out something to do with him. Maybe I'll put him on a plane and send him off to visit another country?

Edit: looking at my last 4 unlocks from caches it's Magneto, Dracula, Rogue, and Quinjet. Before that it was Wong. Having a strong run.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How low can we go?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

How low can we go?

Is there a turn 7 in this game?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The trick is to drop 3 Scarlet Witches on turn 6.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just got hit by my first fast forward, and I'm actually incredibly sad I didn't get to see it play out. My opponent got to live the dream of Onslaught -> Wong -> Gambit, on the Citadel... and lost. See, to make it happen, they had to go Wave into Magik on 4 because Dream Dimension was in play... and on the Wave turn I Zola'd my Wolverine. :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BoldFace posted:

If he hasn't updated his game yet, he might still be getting matched against pre-nerf Leader players.

Don’t think that’s even possible. I loaded the game on my iPad and it wouldn’t even let me queue until I updated. They also said they can put in balance updates without patches now.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Finally won with Galactus:

...without ever buying Galactus.

Wanda and Quake probably aren't powerful but they can make games interesting.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

BoldFace posted:

That must be it, I assumed it wouldn't have let me play without the update but I just did it now. Probably explains why Wolverine never seemed to level up after death.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
She hulk is fun as heck

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bottom Liner posted:

Don’t think that’s even possible. I loaded the game on my iPad and it wouldn’t even let me queue until I updated. They also said they can put in balance updates without patches now.

I’ve matched with pre nerf leader players after the patch which made me realize I needed to update. Then was confused why that was even possible. Maybe it’s something with IOS but I’ve played games without updating both this season and last.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I am halfway to a pixel deck. I have Scarlet Witch, Sentinel, Bishop, Iron Man, Sera and Destroyer.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

I’ve matched with pre nerf leader players after the patch which made me realize I needed to update. Then was confused why that was even possible. Maybe it’s something with IOS but I’ve played games without updating both this season and last.

A lot of mobile games are slow to require you to patch as the play store and app store can be slow to propagate an update

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, the odds were 50/50 on Gambit picking the right target.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Somebody forgot how Leader nerf works.

I lucked into Death from the Hub after Lamentis, so she was 0 cost...and as you can see cloned it a couple times on cloning vats... Then did abomination on turn 5 (with a 0 cost Death on middle lane) and second abomination on turn 6 in middle lane... Where they also played leader, even though I had my right lane totally filled and couldn't have played anything there.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 4, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, I'm a big fan of all the people misplaying Leader right now. It's way more than I would've expected.

Also I wasn't sure before but Captain Marvel can absolutely get you some good wins. She's no M'Baku but she does the job.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just played a game against "Jeffrey Epstein - But Not The Real One"..

Also, finally snagged Ghost Rider and got the variant of Squirrel Girl where she's baking a cake, so all in all a good night.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

Just played a game against "Jeffrey Epstein - But Not The Real One"..

Also, finally snagged Ghost Rider and got the variant of Squirrel Girl where she's baking a cake, so all in all a good night.

That's a great variant. I have it too.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I have an inky og squirrel girl which looks absolutely incredible but want the cake squirrel girl but then I'd have to go through at least one round of upgrades and hope i get inky on the new ones.

Honestly it's kinda wild how much better the inky versions look vs the gold. Why would anyone hope for gold vs ink on splits?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Well.....at least I won't open any more bad cards for a while.... :shepface:

Only Series 4 I have left is Valkyrie and Super Skrull. Don't really need anymore Series 5 except Knull and Sauron but not chomping at the bits to buy them for 6000 tokens.

I really hope they change the way to get newer cards sooner than later...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Orka isn’t the worst card in the game but it sure seems like a card they came up with super early and just never updated it’s ability

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

the_american_dream posted:

Orka isn’t the worst card in the game but it sure seems like a card they came up with super early and just never updated it’s ability

Yeah. They need to make solo-lane cards way stronger. Namor should be stronger than at 10, same with Attuma. I know the datamined Ms. Marvel seems more season as she gives +4 power to the adjacent lanes like a beefed up Mister Fantastic so that it's nicer. I don't know what Orka needs to justify for being 6 energy but 15 power alone is not it.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
So I got lucky on cards this week. I had a full series 3 set going into the patch with the downgrade and it turns out I just needed Absorbing Man to fill in the "new" Series 3 and get back to collecting tokens. Wound up buying Shuri at the new price, then opened Abs Man last night in a cache.

Today? Got Super Skrull in another cache. Time to buy a lottery ticket I guess.

Also just in time for the ongoing shenanigans with the featured location this weekend, I'll have to figure out what to do with him when people lean into that location.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
How this game “allows” you just losing 8 or 9 matches in a row with worst RNG and counters and outcomes never stops being hilarious, especially for the win matches dailies and you end up having to play for 1 hour just to finish that quest(s)
“But the game is fun, no?” Yeah, well…

After this post I should win the next 4. As someone said earlier, complaining helps. :mmmhmm:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It's true, they should rig the matches so that you win? Idg the complaint

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

distortion park posted:

It's true, they should rig the matches so that you win? Idg the complaint

it's generally a sentiment shared by people who genuinely believe the game rigs matches so that they lose, so yes

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So my first dip into pool 2 I got shang chi and sunspot in my first 3 and I was able to make a zabu deck that kind of completely dominated my arena. I think I got five 8 snaps in a row because of surprise shang chi and enchantress knockouts in the final turn when they thought their massive duplicated dinos were going to hold fast. Anyways I got infinite after about hitting 99 and 8/10 about 4 times because the matchmaking kept sticking me against the same people over and over so they knew my game and we could regularly trade wins.

So that's my story and I hope they leave zabu alone

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I am amazed that nobody ever talks about the weird matchmaking in this game. Its just so blatant when you switch decks that you're suddenly being matched against a completely different set of people, and the matchmaking heavily favors mirror matches or similar decks. It's just so far beyond possibly being confirmation/observation bias.

Has Second Dinner ever spoken about this?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I have faced the same person before in a row after immediately switching decks.

I just try not to think about the matchmaking too much and focus on the next game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
humans are pattern-seeking and will frequently read hard into things that aren't actually there, especially if they've got a bug in their ear about what they think might be happening to them in the first place.

it's funny how often random events have to be massaged to feel 'actually random' to people - the most common example is how shuffle on music playlists across different programs and services usually have to put safeguards to keep the same tracks from playing too often, even if that's truly random

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.
The reason all the conspiracy theories in this thread make me laugh is because it takes about five seconds of critical thought to see how stupid they are.

Like, in all seriousness, why would the game want you to have mirror matches? Even if they were rigging matchmaking in some way, which I seriously loving doubt, why would they rig it for mirror matches specifically? So you can see all those cool cards you....already own, and aren't tempted to spend any money to try and get? To try and get variants that you have virtually no control over ever seeing in the shop? Like honestly, why would you ever believe this might be true?