Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

At least there's still uh...ninjala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And Gundam Evolution is still trucking along, god bless it. The new season is apparently going to come with a lot of updates to the game, so here's hoping.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

And Gundam Evolution is still trucking along, god bless it. The new season is apparently going to come with a lot of updates to the game, so here's hoping.

Wasn't that supposed to come to consoles at some point?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it did a couple months ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It is bad and the console population died immediately

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it did a couple months ago.

Oh poo poo, I was excited for that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

It is bad and the console population died immediately

The lack of crossplay meant there wasn't really a point to it, lol. I think both versions are much more active on the Japanese servers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gundam evo is better than overwatch 2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Damning with faint praise

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean I do like the game despite its issues, lol

It's fun

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the thread's opinion on iced vs. hot?

Iced in the summer, hot in the winter.

Just like my Dr. Pepper.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

well

yeah

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Iced in the summer, hot in the winter.

This but the opposite. I live seasons to the fullest

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean I do like the game despite its issues, lol

It's fun

I feel like that's the calling card of a gundam game. Not even a criticism, really--for whatever weird rear end reason I played the hell out of Journey to Jaburo on ps2 until I S ranked everything I could, and that game's controls were...not great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Metis of the Hallway posted:

lol i messed this up sorry it was meant to be this

https://i.imgur.com/fmMPTtc.mp4

Better probe me again to fix it up then

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gaius Marius posted:

The game remains an OW clone 6v6 competitive-matchmaking shooter regardless

RIP shooters with community servers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/Bluts_/status/1617446159525548037?s=20

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All these live games shutting down reminded me of this nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love this one, especially in light of the postmortems that said Anthem had no post-release content plan and this poster amounts to essentially speculative fiction.

If I had the money to open an art gallery I'd put up all these failed roadmaps on display.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

I love this one, especially in light of the postmortems that said Anthem had no post-release content plan and this poster amounts to essentially speculative fiction.

If I had the money to open an art gallery I'd put up all these failed roadmaps on display.

Literally just putting words next to pictures and calling it a day

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

This poo poo drives me insane. I kind of feel like the live services thing has been falling apart for a while but nobody really wanted to admit it because it would shatter the shared illusion between audience and developer about the chances (or lack thereof) of these games making quick money, and nobody really wants to invest in studios long term to give singleplayer games a go because that requires talent retention and better working conditions. What this all probably means is that so-called AA games are going to have an easier time getting made and being profitable over the next 5 years which is fine with me.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This poo poo drives me insane. I kind of feel like the live services thing has been falling apart for a while but nobody really wanted to admit it because it would shatter the shared illusion between audience and developer about the chances (or lack thereof) of these games making quick money, and nobody really wants to invest in studios long term to give singleplayer games a go because that requires talent retention and better working conditions. What this all probably means is that so-called AA games are going to have an easier time getting made and being profitable over the next 5 years which is fine with me.

What this will actually mean is even more gaas getting made and canned before ending a financial quarter, even going the streaming service route of canning readymade projects to get in on the tax rebate scam.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will continue to play the games that are good, and avoid the games that are bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Rarity posted:

Literally just putting words next to pictures and calling it a day

Wow, you're really gonna come at my entire post history like that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Healbot posted:

What this will actually mean is even more gaas getting made and canned before ending a financial quarter, even going the streaming service route of canning readymade projects to get in on the tax rebate scam.

:(

Wild reading the think pieces by drones who see crazy layoffs, historical levels of industry consolidation, and talent retention nightmares due to rampant burnout/crunch ...and think to themselves well actually the videogame market is extremely healthy right now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

exquisite tea posted:

It's so vague and generic you could put the logo of pretty much any game with a future/sci fi setting up in the corner and it wouldn't seem out of place

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I consider Anthem a success story.

I mean, my only exposure to it was the thread on these forums that went from optimistic and hyped-up to a deep feeling of unease to sheer horror (I think at one point the OP just replaced the first post with gifs of the planes flying into the Twin Towers) to bitter resignation. Then I think one goon actually went,"gently caress it, I'm making my own Anthem!" .... and did?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I consider Anthem a success story.

I always love gameplay reveals with Real Gamer Talk Action™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osX1BW71nyU

They're always so terrible, I love it :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help I've fallen down a well of AAA Overpromised Overhyped Bullshot Trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpAYoMnosGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmdb-KmlzD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-4HNmuEAKg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Knockout City is planning to release a proper P2P private server version of the game after their servers shut down, which is a pretty commendable consideration if they manage to pull it off.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm not doing a pixel by pixel comparison, but I played the Division for the first time last month, and it's a gorgeous game, with a sleek presentation. I'd say it lives up to what I remember of the pre-release footage even if it technically might miss the mark.

It's also my favorite tactical shooter in recent memory.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 4, 2023

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Infinitum posted:

My gamer talk is going in unhinged rants about the 2004 Anabolic Steroid Control Act in teamchat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I love that the top comment on that video is still "oh what Anthem could have been" when no, it's in fact the exact opposite of that lmao.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Knockout City is planning to release a proper P2P private server version of the game after their servers shut down, which is a pretty commendable consideration if they manage to pull it off.

Wow that is nice. I never played it but I know I'd really appreciate it if I did.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Oh God it's so bad :xd:

I remember the first time I saw one of those I thought,"Oh Jesus Christ does the game have voices that talk that inanely?" and then realized it was actually MARKETING to entice us with the Real Gamer Talk Action™ because somehow they think people ever talk like that in games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

All I really remember about this game now is how CliffyB laid off his entire staff with an announcement on Twitter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't forget that after it shut down, they were like "gently caress we need money NOW" so they shat out an alpha of a battle royale game, called it Super Early Access, and charged people for microtransactions in it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't forget that after it shut down, they were like "gently caress we need money NOW" so they shat out an alpha of a battle royale game, called it Super Early Access, and charged people for microtransactions in it

It also only lasted six days lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

what i remember most about lawbreakers is that they came in to try and snatch away a portion of overwatch's market share with the most AI generated looking characters around

everything just looks like a bunch of desaturated future polygons flying around and it sticks in the mind about as well as the average roadside billboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm glad when games like Lawbreakers still have their abandoned official media channels up even years later. You can see how devs were working on their game right up until the point the proverbial plug gets pulled.

And see things they would try to do to keep interest in the game going like this:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Oh, oh dear.