Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least up to Arlong Park, considering they have an Arlong cast. I believe the episodes are going to be an hour each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'll be cool to see IMO. That poo poo came out 20 years ago and is generally long forgotten I imagine. I am surprised we haven't seen a cast in costume picture yet.

They also put this out:

Sanji looks a bit buff.

I am just finally making my way through Wano courtesy of One Pace. Otherwise I don't think i'd have been able to catch up. I stopped at Skypiea years ago and thanks to Netflix too I reignited my love of this show.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gripweed posted:

They're going to cover all of East Blue in like ten episodes?

If there's one series that is going to be shortened in an adaptation it's this one. Otherwise we're going to be watching it into the 22nd century.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vintersorg posted:

It'll be cool to see IMO. That poo poo came out 20 years ago and is generally long forgotten I imagine.

I can't imagine there's a single One Piece fan who doesn't remember Zoro eating the dirty riceball or the first appearance of Mihawk or the walk to Arlong Park.

Lobok posted:

If there's one series that is going to be shortened in an adaptation it's this one. Otherwise we're going to be watching it into the 22nd century.

They have to add a timeskip after each arc to account for the actors visibly aging

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece in live action just seems like such a wildly unwise idea that if it's bad, it won't really feel like a big loss like Cowboy Bebop, which absolutely should have worked, did. And if it's good or even enjoyably bad, hey, pleasant surprise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

One Piece in live action just seems like such a wildly unwise idea that if it's bad, it won't really feel like a big loss like Cowboy Bebop, which absolutely should have worked, did. And if it's good or even enjoyably bad, hey, pleasant surprise.

They should get that kid who played Ed to play Chopper. Full reindeer makeup, no CGI.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I personally have no memory of that. Just who Mihawk is.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNFemSXytek
Wow, the animation has come a LONG way.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So is that the poster sequel to Ready Player One?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

this is kinda neat

https://twitter.com/hobby_magazine/status/1620779031032647680?s=20&t=VN3McOi-QZzkBJ3Cx5qe_A

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats not a bad poster

i might watch it if someone deepfakes all the voices n64 style

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the purple and blue are a really pleasant contrast.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The evil turtle guy is conditioning the gently caress out of his hair.

Good for him. Hope he wins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was about to freak and then I go oh wait yeah we released that today at 2pm lol

we have a shitload more art releasing this week and next week followed by TV spots galore. It's hysterical that Illumination has only let us release three spots so far

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Will any of them have Chris Pratt talking or is it mandated you keep him from saying anything to keep the suspense lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't want to ruin the surprise

or get fired

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kiimo posted:

I don't want to ruin the surprise

or get fired

*aubrey plaza voice * kiimo...

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
This movie about to make so much money. I work with kids and it’s all I’ve heard them talk about for months now. They’re positively vibrating for this thing. Truly a genius idea to make it an old-fashioned super long advertising campaign. It’s like when Disney used to tell you a new animated film was coming in a like a year.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I just hope Charlie Day doesn't phone it in

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The real pro movie is to do a old-fashioned super long advertising campaign for a new kids animation film that doesn't exist and nothing about it is ever released.

Best to teach kids early to never trust advertising. Also best to destroy all their dreams. If the next generation aren't nihilistic burn outs, strung out on H, listening to Lou Reed in an abandoned apartment that's falling apart, we truly have failed them. :colbert:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

CelticPredator posted:

Will any of them have Chris Pratt talking or is it mandated you keep him from saying anything to keep the suspense lmao

They've already had some trailers where he talks. This one was from a month or two ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMYg69DfFLs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Lemming posted:

They've already had some trailers where he talks. This one was from a month or two ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMYg69DfFLs

I want to hear him speak for at least 30 seconds straight

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

The kept true to the games and we've already heard his entire dialogue in the movie. Unless they just put it on repeat not sure what else you want to listen to?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Idk I just really feel like they’re hiding it because of the controversy is all. It’s such a weird hot topic you’d think they would get in front of it and show how good Pratt could be.

I’m probably wrong but i spent most of the first trailer anticipating his voice only for it to be revealed at the end and it just came off like they (I guess kiimo lol) knew how people would react

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're not hiding it. He has been talking in the trailers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

None of the other voices would fit with a game Mario voice. It’ll be fine.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CelticPredator posted:

Only 30 seconds? I want him to go John Galt on the audience's rear end.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alright I guess.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lobok posted:

Only 30 seconds? I want him to go John Galt on the audience's rear end.

What like some kind of filibowser?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

For years, you have wondered, "Who is Mario?" Well, my friends, it's-a me.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

His iconic "c'mere you little twerp!" pose.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It's-a clobbering time-a!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Like, I get that Mario the character is meant to be some flavor of "American" or at least "Western", but he's always been a Japanese character. He's childlike, always happy to be wherever he is and only ever really gets angry at Bowser. He's just... Happy Jumping Wahoo Man. But they had to Western him up for this movie. It's basically what they did for all the covers of the Kirby games in North America, where Kirby the Happy Pink Blob has to have angry eyebrows.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Yeah, trailer was surprisingly violent. Gotta have some tension I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Yeah, trailer was surprisingly violent. Gotta have some tension I guess.

Man how many Goombas and turtles do you kill in the first Mario game?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean, I'm still gonna watch it. Maybe not in theaters, but I'm gonna watch it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pink Toad is staring at the area where Mario's rear end should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.