Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bruceski posted:

I was told before starting them that between the Namazu and Moogles I would love one and hate the other, I got it exactly backwards.

Gyodo being the introduction really does them a disservice. Their eagerness and sincerity makes their naivete and incompetence endearing.

Same, the vast majority of these little fuckers are earnest which makes the absolute ineptitude and laziness cute instead of infuriating like certain motherfuckers with poms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Pom Friend 4ever <3

Love the Namazu quests though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZdeHwEe2g

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/allaganeyes/status/1621338107776995330?t=OA2h1oqo_FjRIjggV-JqTw&s=19

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Sunday Morning posted:

Pom Friend 4ever <3

Love the Namazu quests though

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Can someone complete the circle here? I recognize the reference to Springsteen's "Born in the USA", but don't get how it relates.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's it, you got it. it's not a complicated joke, it's just a play on the prosody of saying "USA" and "Cieldalaes"

It's not like Rock Me Amadeus has anything to do with the Alexander raids.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
About to finish the HW levels for Goldsmith and uh I guess I should have been desynthesizing a lot more

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Runa posted:

That's it, you got it. it's not a complicated joke, it's just a play on the prosody of saying "USA" and "Cieldalaes"

It's not like Rock Me Amadeus has anything to do with the Alexander raids.

At least "arrhidaeus" rhymes like "amadeus". I don't know how you'd pronounce "cieldales" to rhyme with "USA".

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Seel-dah-lays? Is that how it's pronounced? (I'm pretty sure it's one of those terms that's never spoken aloud but ?)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Seel-dah-lays? Is that how it's pronounced? (I'm pretty sure it's one of those terms that's never spoken aloud but ?)

yeah I think you might need to massage it but that's how the joke is implying it's pronounced

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The important part of dissecting puns and jokes is that many of them are bad puns and jokes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I assume a lot of the throwaway item-description jokes are just the first thing someone thought of. They can't all be winners.

I'm mostly just wondering what the hell the desc-localizer has against paprika, personally

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

...The raingear doesn't really help underwater.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I now desire a hat that's just a fish strapped to one's forehead.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Speaking of fish, can aquariums be clipped into each other to make it look like the tank has more fish than you could normally put in one, or does whichever tank is on top mask the others?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cleretic posted:

The important part of dissecting puns and jokes is that many of them are bad puns and jokes.

People trip over themselves to say how good "Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro" is when it's just a lame rhyme that doesn't fit the rhythm at all, meanwhile "Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It" is a loving masterpiece of punning

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
The important references for quest titles are the Simpsons ones.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Countblanc posted:

People trip over themselves to say how good "Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro" is when it's just a lame rhyme that doesn't fit the rhythm at all, meanwhile "Ifrit Bleeds, We Can Kill It" is a loving masterpiece of punning

In for Garuda wakening is also good

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I’m still mad that the pixies don’t reference the Pixies a single goddamn time, KOJI

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

It fits the rhythm just fine :colbert:

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

You just have to say "before you-o gom'ro".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The weapon quests all have really good names.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Moogles might not have been the best but free kupo nuts!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Sooo I thought the backstory for the reward you get for maxing reputation with the new custom delivery NPC was a little dark. Then I moused over the tooltip for it and lol

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Sooo I thought the backstory for the reward you get for maxing reputation with the new custom delivery NPC was a little dark. Then I moused over the tooltip for it and lol

i want to know what happened to anden II :tinfoil:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah it absolutely rocks and it bothered me lmao

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Kerrzhe posted:

i want to know what happened to anden II :tinfoil:

He turned back into a bunboy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, there's a new custom delivery NPC

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah and he rocks

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Arist posted:

Wait, there's a new custom delivery NPC

Go to the Crystarium.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:namazu:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hopeandjoy posted:

Go to the Crystarium.

:monocle:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

No, he grass

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Emily Spinach posted:

He turned back into a bunboy.

then who is anden I???

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

then who is anden I???

The original Anden that the pixies turned into a bush to save from becoming a sin eater.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

He leaves

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The original Anden that the pixies turned into a bush to save from becoming a sin eater.

Yep, he's still chilling in the barn.

Edit: I wonder if the three Andens have any sort of psychic connection. Does Anden II feel it if you trim the branches on Anden I or III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Kougaon_/status/1621997034415734784?t=5GD7nA2s_95_J2XdoKtwCQ&s=19

Granted this doesn't have the 'live billboard' charm but still