Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

There was definitely a reaction in my household.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

There was definitely a reaction in my household.

:same:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
British guy not getting the Black Sabbath answer, sad.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

A lot of them do it but then seem frightened of actually finding one.
Half the strategy is just keeping it out of an opponent's hands, for all the reasons you mentioned.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Brendan Frazier should have been ruled wrong, for adding an extra letter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

WarEternal posted:

British guy not getting the Black Sabbath answer, sad.

I liked his “ah nice” when she got the cosmology answer

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Celebrity Jeopardy was actually one of the best episodes of the season. Mayim was still slightly awkward in the interviews, but I think this was what was originally envisioned with the three rounds room for banter concept.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The way the Tuskegee clue played out was super weird. Looked like the champ buzzed back in before Ken had finally finished ruling. Guessing the lights hadn't come back on for the rebound yet.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Ok I'm not crazy, someone else saw that, too.

100% the crew member on the buzzer had to have prematurely reactivated the system, and that tells me this champ watches the lights to get his timings in. As soon as he heard Ken start to rule incorrect he probably just stared at those and so wasn't even listening to the rest.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mike Trout being know as the Millville meteor is a whole cloth invention of Sport Atgument Stadium posters.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Also, SA-adjacent reference on today's episode! (The "Millville Meteor" nickname for Mike Trout was coined here on SA and we astroturfed it until it finally got used on an episode of SportsCenter, and it stuck. One of the most successful goon projects ever.)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Timby posted:

Also, SA-adjacent reference on today's episode! (The "Millville Meteor" nickname for Mike Trout was coined here on SA and we astroturfed it until it finally got used on an episode of SportsCenter, and it stuck. One of the most successful goon projects ever.)

It's an okay nickname. But it's no Johnny Five Aces.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Over/under on Ricky III being a goon?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mayim's syndicated eps start airing on Feb 20.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Poque posted:

Thrilled for 1 more week of Ken.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Poque posted:

I've been intentionally falling behind to prepare for this. I think I have a month of Ken saved up on my DVR.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

:raise:
"What is world?"
:smithicide:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Mira did really well, despite her fumble on the Daily Double

The Mighty Moltres fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 10, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

now I'm seeing conflicting reports that this is just for some "High School Reunion Tournament" and that Ken returns after that? Who knows.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Just leave Mayim to the unwatchable Celebrity Jeopardy please.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Just leave Mayim to the unwatchable Celebrity Jeopardy please.

But they're all so loving funny!!!!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Poque posted:

now I'm seeing conflicting reports that this is just for some "High School Reunion Tournament" and that Ken returns after that? Who knows.

Are they backtracking because she's such an unpopular host? It'd be pretty funny if that were the case.

I feel a little sorry for Miyam because she's so universally disliked by the "community". It sucks to be in a situation when everyone is arrayed against you. But I can't really stand more than a few minutes of her chirpy hosting before I miss Ken being on there.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 10, 2023

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

She reportedly doesn't even particularly enjoy Jeopardy so I doubt she cares much whether the community likes her or not

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

If I weren't the favored candidate for a position (and god knows I've been there plenty of times) I'd still advocate for myself and do everything I could to get the job, so I sympathize with her to that extent. But she's also a very successful actor with other ongoing projects where the audience doesn't hate her, so I think she'd be fine if she were removed from jeopardy.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
She admitted to not watching the show before guest hosting. I get that it pays well, but I can't understand why she wants this since she doesn't really need the money (she could probably retire on her Big Bang Theory residuals, let alone what she got paid in the first place or her ongoing sitcom gig).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah, the obvious solution is for the full time hosting job to be given to Ken, who has the ability, the passion for the job (seemingly) and the backing of the audience. It's a win-win-win.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Her views and opinions are a good tool for the executives, I suspect they want to reward her with a cushy gig so she can continue to be a mouthpiece that is in the public eye.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Are they backtracking because she's such an unpopular host? It'd be pretty funny if that were the case.

The last I heard, there is essentially zero difference in ratings between her and Ken. The Jeopardy Reddit community has very little influence on actual Jeopardy viewership, which is basically 99% old people that have been watching the same show for decades and aren’t likely to stop for any reason.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The last I heard, there is essentially zero difference in ratings between her and Ken. The Jeopardy Reddit community has very little influence on actual Jeopardy viewership, which is basically 99% old people that have been watching the same show for decades and aren’t likely to stop for any reason.

All the more reason to pick Ken if the olds don't give a poo poo either way.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

As I've pointed out before, Jeopardy ratings are really an apples-to-oranges thing, because the show airs on different stations at different times in different markets. I get it at 4 p.m. on NBC in eastern Iowa, I got it at 4:30 p.m. on NBC in south-central Wisconsin, it's on at 3:30 p.m. on ABC in Chicago, and it's on at 6 p.m. on Fox in Denver. The only consistent airings are the primetime events on ABC.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Poque posted:

High School Reunion Tournament seems made up, please don't get my hopes up that Ken is coming back later this season!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

1glitch0 posted:

High School Reunion Tournament seems made up, please don't get my hopes up that Ken is coming back later this season!

It's real.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Timby posted:

As I've pointed out before, Jeopardy ratings are really an apples-to-oranges thing, because the show airs on different stations at different times in different markets. I get it at 4 p.m. on NBC in eastern Iowa, I got it at 4:30 p.m. on NBC in south-central Wisconsin, it's on at 3:30 p.m. on ABC in Chicago, and it's on at 6 p.m. on Fox in Denver. The only consistent airings are the primetime events on ABC.

Right but they aren't changing time slots depending on the host. Syndicated shows still have ratings and it'd be important if, say, ratings were 20% lower or something depending on the host. But I doubt they are.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Timby posted:

In the Dayton market, Jeopardy is on channel 2 at 7:30 and it's lead in is Inside Edition (Wheel of Fortune is at 7:00 on channel 7, followed by Entertainment Tonight)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Here in the midatlantic area, Jeopardy airs at 7:30 after Wheel of Fortune. It's probably prime time for "older people leaving the TV on after the national news".

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
7pm here in Central Florida, with Wheel directly after on the same channel.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I feel a little sorry for Miyam because she's so universally disliked by the "community". It sucks to be in a situation when everyone is arrayed against you. But I can't really stand more than a few minutes of her chirpy hosting before I miss Ken being on there.

You absolutely do not need to feel sorry for someone who positions herself as a brain surgeon to hawk pills, says vague anti vaccine statements and also is extremely pro Israel. Also she’s bad at acting.

She really can go gently caress herself.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How did two people miss the final?

I told my wife it should of been a $200 clue.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Yeah it was basically "name the main character through most of European history"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

davecrazy posted:

I told my wife it should of

Why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
It might have been deliberate, but when she first came on camera I thought it looked like right podium had some of her hair cut off and stuck to her right shoulder.

I'm not saying it looked bad, just that that's what my sleep-deprived brain.

I really like our champ, though! I really hope she doesn't have to keep getting lucky in Final, I want her to do well :ohdear:.