Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Yang Wen-Meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Akaiku posted:

That guy: "I WANNA BE A WEREWOLF CATGIRL PRINCESS MASKED WRESTLER!"

I was that guy until it turned out I was actually this girl

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Shiroc posted:

many people are saying this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

atelier morgan posted:

many people are saying this

Yeah a bunch of people were locked inside for like two years with nothing but time to work on themselves and figured some stuff out.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shiroc posted:

That owns.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Lily stay winning

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1619686515092897800?s=20&t=eqh9IyzOhC7pj7Twuzgb3w

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/LealLegacy/status/1619792338041307136?s=20&t=efcslM3q86velJ7GRgbBkQ
some really thought provoking points being made here about Betty boop

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Unbelievable cowardice by My Hero Academia's author with his choice of immediate aftermath of the Paranormal Liberation Front raid

Why the gently caress should i care about some dude named Crust??

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Augus posted:

https://twitter.com/LealLegacy/status/1619792338041307136?s=20&t=efcslM3q86velJ7GRgbBkQ
some really thought provoking points being made here about Betty boop

terfs supporting a woman who had sex with a dog, not surprised

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
betty boop is a drag queen that uses the t-slur in casual conversation and very problematic

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
the mouses are a lavender marriage, micky/donald and daisy/minnie/clara

goofy is enby but not out

all three of the nephews are trans men

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/tara_chara/status/1619949607148220417?s=20&t=FuYw4BLQxXmK023AUXSJyg

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mind palace scene as I try to determine how many panty shots the other person can handle before thinking the anime is just for creeps instead of for creeps who enjoy decent anime

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The new Trigun is very good imo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'll watch the new trigun eventually but I can't understand why they'd get rid of millie

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Betty Boop was actually very well read on cutting edge research coming from the Institut für Sexualwissenschaft in the 1930's

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I'll watch the new trigun eventually but I can't understand why they'd get rid of millie

couldn't 3d animate best lady to the level she deserved

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

tokin opposition posted:

betty boop is a drag queen that uses the t-slur in casual conversation and very problematic

George Santos is based on Betty Boop.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kitfox88 posted:

Mind palace scene as I try to determine how many panty shots the other person can handle before thinking the anime is just for creeps instead of for creeps who enjoy decent anime

For this reason I have never been able to recommend Monogatari to anyone

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Casey Finnigan posted:

what the gently caress? i'm boycotting

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Millie waa terrifying and im glad shes replaced by a macho, grizzled man who will also get pregnant by wolfwood

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Jan 30, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Casey Finnigan posted:

i'm still hoping she'll be Meryl's mid-season upgrade. it makes less sense for her to be partnered with a gattling stun gun backup now that she is supposed to be a journalist instead of a pinkerton

e: just finished ep 4. hell yeah can't wait for a new generation of slashfic. cgi is still pleasantly surprising overall.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Jan 31, 2023

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

the punisher man has feels for the anime baby

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

drat macross plus looks good in 1080

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
so I tried to watch the live action Fullmetal Alchemist movies, and they seem like cosplayers overacting the only meaningful scenes.

Shame because the Kenshin movies I felt were actually fantastic

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koirhor posted:

so I tried to watch the live action Fullmetal Alchemist movies, and they seem like cosplayers overacting the only meaningful scenes.

Shame because the Kenshin movies I felt were actually fantastic

Yeah, I watched the Mother's Basement reviews of those movies and it seems like the filmmakers made some very not-great choices.

Koirhor posted:

The new Trigun is very good imo

:agreed:

Majorian has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Feb 3, 2023

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Is it just me, or is the new Junji Itou series on Netflix disappointing to anyone else? I watched the first two episodes with a friend. A second friend walked in right when episode two ended, asked how it was, and I immediately said "it kinda sucks." I can't imagine it gets any better.

And I like Junji Itou, too.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

yea ive been hearing good things about trigun i never thought in a million years a new trigun would exist and not be bad.

I've just been waiting for the dub

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Popy posted:

yea ive been hearing good things about trigun i never thought in a million years a new trigun would exist and not be bad.

badlands rumble (which is "new" in spite of coming out like 12 years ago by now) was pretty great too

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Is it just me, or is the new Junji Itou series on Netflix disappointing to anyone else? I watched the first two episodes with a friend. A second friend walked in right when episode two ended, asked how it was, and I immediately said "it kinda sucks." I can't imagine it gets any better.

And I like Junji Itou, too.

the first ep with junji itou adams family was fun but yeah, i dunno, the story whose adaptation i liked most was the in ep 3, 4? about the dude who dreams and is hollow inside
feels like some stories should be shorter than they are

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ito really benefits from having a good long look at all the loving weird he puts on the page. Sleepy dude gets irises that look like some kind of hosed up plant maw, for instance.

Also it seems like they cheap out on those adaptations so it's not like they're doing the art justice.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Popy posted:

what the gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Koirhor posted:

what the gently caress

Bosch’s Vash is really good

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Koirhor posted:

what the gently caress

its not 1995 anymore grandpa dubs have come a long way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Dv8C8RDUY

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
not sure thats a good example imo, sounds like poo poo to me

sorry you can’t read well I guess

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIPrmmw6Ac

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

best dub is still golden boy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Popy posted:

its not 1995 anymore grandpa dubs have come a long way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Dv8C8RDUY

my dude this poo poo sounds exactly the same as the pokemon cartoon. okuyasu sounds like fuckin gary

dubs tend to be higher quality now it's true but lmao this scene is not a good example, it is much better in japanese there's basically no contest

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jazerus posted:

okuyasu sounds like fuckin gary

?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

FilthyImp posted:

Ito really benefits from having a good long look at all the loving weird he puts on the page. Sleepy dude gets irises that look like some kind of hosed up plant maw, for instance.

Also it seems like they cheap out on those adaptations so it's not like they're doing the art justice.

That's what I was thinking. I remember reading The Ice Cream Bus / Van / Truck / Man one (I forget what Netflix labeled it) and being absolutely disgusted by all the art, but was very disappointed with the final shot in the anime. Maybe it was from having read it before, but I felt no sense of anticipation, dread, or anxiety while watching. I remember reading the story and really feeling for the single dad who's trying to balance indulging his kid and raising him right. Watching the anime was like having someone tell me what happened in the manga.

Maybe I'll have to revisit the manga, see if this is all in my head, but I suspect you're spot on.