Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Azathoth Prime posted:

Thanks for this.
Trying to buy some stuff. Is Microsoft’s 2FA hosed up for anyone else? They text me a code, I enter that code (pasting from the text message, so I’m not typoing it), and they say that the code they just loving sent me is wrong. Over and over.

I was able to do it today :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Junkbox stays losing

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm assuming that if you didn't purchase the second campaign for CrossfireX (Operation Spectre) before the shutdown announcement that now there's no way to play it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Charles Martel posted:

I'm assuming that if you didn't purchase the second campaign for CrossfireX (Operation Spectre) before the shutdown announcement that now there's no way to play it?

There wont be after the game shuts down either. The single player requires the online to work.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Entering a new age of lost game media, online only games gone like tears in the rain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

99% of them are absolute poo poo so it’s no real loss tbh.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

Now we just need some industry backlash against putting battle passes/paid cosmetics/gatchas into single player game.

That would be fantastic.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Hey CrossfireX's campaign was made by Remedy so I had at least some passing interest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

Hey CrossfireX's campaign was made by Remedy so I had at least some passing interest.

I too had passing interest, and then I played it and the interest passed.

Edit: Actually, that might not be true. I installed the game and at the time the single player with Game Pass was broken? and I'm not sure I ever played it when it got fixed because the multiplayer game it was attached to was dire.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

priznat posted:

It really rocks. I definitely need to figure out where they hell to get the tools like fibre wire tho, or do you gotta just buy em.

In-game you can buy a collector's edition fiber wire that goes on your wall, but it's a lot cheaper to walk into medbay and pick up the stethoscope next to the hospital bed. It's just a cosmetic variant of the ol' piano wire like the earbuds you can pick in caches.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Age of Empires is just great. Been a while since a game hooked me like this.

Don't think I'll attempt multiplayer though, but the single-player is fun stuff.

If you're enjoying it, do give the multiplayer a try. Try a couple 1v1v1v1 games on small/medium maps against the CPUs, then switch over to ranked online so you get matched against other newer players. The CPU is fine, but it's easy to get used to how it plays and you'll just end up having the same game over and over, unlike playing against people.

Protip for the lower ranks: try to have a small army (~6 dudes) go disrupt the other guy's economy around the time you all hit Feudal age (10:00-15:00 on the in-game timer). If you can kill one or two of their villagers, or at least get them to ring the bell and wait it out, then their economy will be on the back foot compared to yours for the rest of the game. Keep up the pressure and you'll win around the start of Castle age. Further up the ranks everyone will be expecting this, and/or try it on you, so you'll need other strategies by then, but you'll know at that point if you're enjoying it or not.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Multiplayer would stress me out. I kinda like having slow and easy games where I just build stuff and make a pretty kingdom. Sometimes I create some raiding parties and do some light warring to add some variation. I don't even care about winning or losing.

If I'd do multiplayer, I'd be on edge constantly. Therefore ruining these chill vibes.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lol yeah that's fair. It is definitely not chill. I did find the advanced controls you mentioned the other day, btw. They're exactly what I wanted.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Where do you actually enable to advanced controls? They were there for that mission but then disappeared and I dunno who to enable it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Where do you actually enable to advanced controls? They were there for that mission but then disappeared and I dunno who to enable it.

welcome posted:

Under Options -> Interface, there's a Standard/Advanced toggle. It's down a little ways and easy to miss.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I know I'm late to the game but drat rocket league is fun

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BonoMan posted:

I know I'm late to the game but drat rocket league is fun

Welcome friend. It’s one of the best pick up and play multi games in existence.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Dead Space Remake just now. Next game to play is going to be Hi-Fi Rush.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

I need the guys over in the Xbox Emulation discord to get to work on making it so that I can install the already completed XBLA remaster from like 2008 that leaked a couple years ago instead of this basic N64 15fps garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRkgJFVewo4

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday when I went onto the Xbox it came up with a thing about how it had automatically changed my settings so it shut down when I turned it off instead of just going to sleep, I was gonna change it back but it was being weirdly shame-y about how it will use 10 watts instead of 0!!!!! so I thought gently caress it Quick Resume will make it not so bad

Turned Xbox on today and go to reopen PowerWash and oh no it has to close the game because of some save data error

Microsoft are just……so, so, so bad at having the things they make and do actually work

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Escobarbarian posted:

Yesterday when I went onto the Xbox it came up with a thing about how it had automatically changed my settings so it shut down when I turned it off instead of just going to sleep, I was gonna change it back but it was being weirdly shame-y about how it will use 10 watts instead of 0!!!!! so I thought gently caress it Quick Resume will make it not so bad

Turned Xbox on today and go to reopen PowerWash and oh no it has to close the game because of some save data error

Microsoft are just……so, so, so bad at having the things they make and do actually work

I’m guessing quick resume likely needs dev buy in and extra effort to make it work like it should. But really anything that’s not multi should ‘just work’ so it’s frustrating when it doesn’t.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Quick resume works after fully unplugging the system. Sounds like user error.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What I’m trying to say is that you’re a huge fail idiot OP.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mierenneuker posted:

In-game you can buy a collector's edition fiber wire that goes on your wall, but it's a lot cheaper to walk into medbay and pick up the stethoscope next to the hospital bed. It's just a cosmetic variant of the ol' piano wire like the earbuds you can pick in caches.

Ooh yeah I found some earbuds in one playthru and strangled a target with it but they didn’t have rarity so couldn’t extract with them.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

What the gently caress, they're doing 360 emulation now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SpiderLink posted:

What the gently caress, they're doing 360 emulation now?

An Xbox Emulating an Xbox.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I already had my xbox set to shut down because the difference in startup times is negligible. Even more so with quick resume

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Oops my power suddenly went out. Time to shamefully jump right back to where I was instead of doing a noble database rebuild

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The boot screen is cool, I like getting to see it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Quick resume works after fully unplugging the system. Sounds like user error.

Apparently it’s a common glitch due to cloud save data conflicting or not working properly

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

holy poo poo...

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The list of working games in Xenia doesn't do much for me. Now if we can get an OG Xbox emulator running so I can get my JSRF and Crazy Taxi 3 on :kheldragar:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Speaking of quick resume it's been kicking major rear end for me with the new hitman mode. You can just turn off your machine mid mission and not worry about failing the campaign. Done it multiple times now.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The one game for me that quick resume continually messes up on is Minecraft.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurtilik posted:

It doesn't play nice with any Microsoft online game which is kinda funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Someone let me know when the Xbox 360 Forza games work.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If I can get my rock band 360 going with instrument support I will drag those out

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Zurtilik posted:

Elden Ring never really worked for me with Quick Resume, and Red Dead 2 it was maybe 50% of the time.

In summary the Xbox is a land of contrasts

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

webmeister posted:

Elden Ring never really worked for me with Quick Resume, and Red Dead 2 it was maybe 50% of the time.

In summary the Xbox is a land of contrasts

Elden ring works fine as long as you are playing in offline mode. Never had an issue with Red Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/modernvintageg/status/1622021284292079616?s=46&t=HSKz1duscqhwwnKxNtYVvQ

God bless Xbox.